Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Nom Sawyer

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Nom Sawyer » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:12 am

PoorOrpheus wrote:
SolarWind wrote:this happened to me.... i now have two 20 page papers to write in the next three days or else i fail classes.... and i havent worked on them at all since i got the call

This is me, too (minus that whole pesky HLS acceptance thing). :P Congrats BTW!

thanks Orpheus.. with that LSAT i think ur probably making it in too.

ylc

Postby ylc » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:16 am

SolarWind wrote:
nicdmx wrote:
managamy wrote:
nicdmx wrote:JR2 today!

Having trouble sleeping tonight...stoked!

Congratulations!!! You might have trouble sleeping for the rest of the week, actually. :D

No kidding! I think I might have trouble focusing at work for the next 5 months. I'm looking forward to planning a summer off.

this happened to me.... i now have two 20 page papers to write in the next three days or else i fail classes.... and i havent worked on them at all since i got the call

One of the few advantages of my current employment: I wasn't working too hard to begin with 8)

amidea

Postby amidea » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:27 am

PoorOrpheus wrote:
SolarWind wrote:this happened to me.... i now have two 20 page papers to write in the next three days or else i fail classes.... and i havent worked on them at all since i got the call

This is me, too (minus that whole pesky HLS acceptance thing). :P Congrats BTW!

Slack off now, get accepted later. That's how it works, right?

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:32 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:I've resorted to constantly refreshing my spam folder to make sure a JR1 email didn't accidentally get placed there. FML.

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:40 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:I've resorted to constantly refreshing my spam folder to make sure a JR1 email didn't accidentally get placed there. FML.

i did this too. i did eventually get one, but now i've resorted to constantly checking my missed calls list. which of course is more pathetic because my phone, you know, rings when i get a call

Saya

Postby Saya » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:44 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:
+19082018302193. And I thought I was the only one.

hopin10

Postby hopin10 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:57 am

NeuroticallyYours wrote:Did anyone else reply to their JR1 email about a backup number?

Forward your calls if you feel like you must. Easy to do on the iPhone--just send your calls to a landline.

natalie123

Postby natalie123 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:36 am

Does he only do callbacks on Mondays? I had my JR1 on the 2nd, heard nothing yesterday. Might he make further calls for our batch, though? My stats are somewhat borderline, (171/4.0) but I have exceptional softs. TIA

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:48 am

^
yikes, why does everyone who's being/been interviewed around this time have ~171/~4.0? it makes me think they're pitting us all against each other...sudden death JR1?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:56 am

natalie123 wrote:Does he only do callbacks on Mondays? I had my JR1 on the 2nd, heard nothing yesterday. Might he make further calls for our batch, though? My stats are somewhat borderline, (171/4.0) but I have exceptional softs. TIA

Your avatar should count as a solid soft. :wink: I believe that he did some calls on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, so be prepared! Best of luck.

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:20 pm

Should I really not be worried about what my status checker says? I submitted 3 weeks ago and I'm still at "app received." I would think I would already be under review at this point, should I call?

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:24 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Should I really not be worried about what my status checker says? I submitted 3 weeks ago and I'm still at "app received." I would think I would already be under review at this point, should I call?

+1 to pretty much everything.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:16 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:Did anyone else reply to their JR1 email about a backup number?

You are the kind of lunatic who should be screened during a JR1. Good luck!

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:20 pm

crackberry wrote:

You are the kind of lunatic who should be screened during a JR1. Good luck!

EXACTLY what I was thinking. How many times can you ask about a backup number? Just call him back if the call drops or send him a different number to call you at. Stop talking about it already.

LDC

Postby LDC » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Any idea how long it generally takes between going under review and getting a JR1 (if one does get one)?

I submitted 11/17, went UR 12/1... and am now getting antsy! :(

nattybro

Postby nattybro » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 pm

GeePee wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Should I really not be worried about what my status checker says? I submitted 3 weeks ago and I'm still at "app received." I would think I would already be under review at this point, should I call?

Sounds like the three of us are in pretty much the same boat (I submitted 11/19, still at App Received). I'm getting a little impatient but not really stressing about it yet. If it hasn't changed by the end of the week I might consider calling, but as of right now I think we're still just barely within the window of 8-10 business days which LSAC says to allow for paper reports to be sent.

Then there's also this on the HLS status checker page: "Due to the volume of reports and other materials we receive, it can take as much as four to six weeks from the date your report is sent to the date it is matched to your file." People early in the cycle seemed to be processed pretty quickly, but you've got to figure the volume of apps has increased since then.

All that said, though, I won't pretend like I'm not checking my status 8 times a day, because I definitely am.

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:30 pm

nattybro wrote:
GeePee wrote:

Sounds like the three of us are in pretty much the same boat (I submitted 11/19, still at App Received). I'm getting a little impatient but not really stressing about it yet. If it hasn't changed by the end of the week I might consider calling, but as of right now I think we're still just barely within the window of 8-10 business days which LSAC says to allow for paper reports to be sent.

Then there's also this on the HLS status checker page: "Due to the volume of reports and other materials we receive, it can take as much as four to six weeks from the date your report is sent to the date it is matched to your file." People early in the cycle seemed to be processed pretty quickly, but you've got to figure the volume of apps has increased since then.

All that said, though, I won't pretend like I'm not checking my status 8 times a day, because I definitely am.

I'm looking at it from the angle that our LSDAS report are already there, we're already under review, but the status checker just hasn't been updated to reflect that. I mean, it took me 18 days to go complete at NYU. No way HLS is as slow as them.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:47 pm

i think you can be complete without being under review, so your app is probably complete but has not been looked at yet.

i'm still not complete at nyu, and it's been almost a month.

mhopeful

Postby mhopeful » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:27 pm

If you are so worried about the call dropping, I really think there is no problem in giving a land line to be reached at. FYI i replied to his email to thank him and tell him the number worked fine (even if that cluttered his inbox, i still was accepted) So don't worry about it. I think the better route is to give him a land line so you are not stressed the whole time that the call may drop

Good luck! and just be yourself.

NeuroticallyYours

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:43 pm

Last edited by NeuroticallyYours on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:49 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:Thanks, Mhopeful. This is helpful. I was just wondering whether or not it's appropriate to give a land line since the email seems to discourage replies. I'm not a lunatic; I'm just thorough.

lol well i mean if you were just waiting for someone to support the decision you already made in your head, why didnt you say so? i would have done it sooner for you :P

im just kidding. personally, i think if you're going to give your land line, you may as well send the email replacing your current cell phone w/ that one (im assuming you'd be near the land line at that time?), and not some neurotic statement like, "that number on file is fine, but oh if the call drops during the interview, and i somehow dont get through to you by trying to call you back, you can call me at the land line"

haha even if it drops, as another poster stated, you can just call him back and resume. but if you're determined to use the land line, id just send a simple email saying that number is the better one. the office will send back a confirmation response.

NeuroticallyYours

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:53 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
NeuroticallyYours wrote:Thanks, Mhopeful. This is helpful. I was just wondering whether or not it's appropriate to give a land line since the email seems to discourage replies. I'm not a lunatic; I'm just thorough.

lol well i mean if you were just waiting for someone to support the decision you already made in your head, why didnt you say so? i would have done it sooner for you :P

im just kidding. personally, i think if you're going to give your land line, you may as well send the email replacing your current cell phone w/ that one (im assuming you'd be near the land line at that time?), and not some neurotic statement like, "that number on file is fine, but oh if the call drops during the interview, and i somehow dont get through to you by trying to call you back, you can call me at the land line"

haha even if it drops, as another poster stated, you can just call him back and resume. but if you're determined to use the land line, id just send a simple email saying that number is the better one. the office will send back a confirmation response.

Congrats on your acceptance! It must be a relief!

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:56 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:

Congrats on your acceptance! It must be a relief!

neuroticallyyours, your name charmingly appropriate. every time you post i just want to reassure you. you will be FINE. doublechecks is right. worry not.

mhopeful

Postby mhopeful » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Yes Neuroticallyyours it does feel great to be accepted--thanks for the congrats. Honestly, the best piece of advice I would give you is practice with people on some of the questions he will ask, so you dont sound nervous, but just yourself, as if you were speaking to your friend over the phone (while at the same time sounding intelligent). You will be great if you do this---dont be nervous! And keep us updated :-)
And don't worry about the reply email--honestly i replied without even giving new info--just thanking him and telling him that number will be fine. I don't think he will hold it against you at all!

Mr. Crowley

Postby Mr. Crowley » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Soooo, has there been a second wave of JR1's? Or is errybody getting all worried just waiting for em?

Also, is there a good place to find info on when these wonderful phone calls may or may not be placed?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”