Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:19 pm

anyone below 3.85 get one yet? where's the splitter love??

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:33 pm

georgina wrote:anyone below 3.85 get one yet? where's the splitter love??


lulz at <3.85 being a splitter. :(

User avatar
maudlinstreet
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby maudlinstreet » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:35 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
georgina wrote:anyone below 3.85 get one yet? where's the splitter love??


lulz at <3.85 being a splitter. :(

I just checked your LSN and we've got the same GPA (roughly). maybe we're in the same boat :) though I just sent in my application yesterday so I've got a while to wait to hear any news.

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:43 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
georgina wrote:anyone below 3.85 get one yet? where's the splitter love??


lulz at <3.85 being a splitter. :(


lol whoa i didn't mean <3.85 being a splitter, sorry, unclear. i'm truly <25%ile, but i just wanted to check if they've even begun to dip below 3.85.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:53 pm

georgina wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
georgina wrote:anyone below 3.85 get one yet? where's the splitter love??


lulz at <3.85 being a splitter. :(


lol whoa i didn't mean <3.85 being a splitter, sorry, unclear. i'm truly <25%ile, but i just wanted to check if they've even begun to dip below 3.85.


oh okay, I was thinking FML if 3.7-3.8 is splitter country.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:54 pm

maudlinstreet wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
georgina wrote:anyone below 3.85 get one yet? where's the splitter love??


lulz at <3.85 being a splitter. :(

I just checked your LSN and we've got the same GPA (roughly). maybe we're in the same boat :) though I just sent in my application yesterday so I've got a while to wait to hear any news.


My GPA and LSAT are both within +/- 1 point on my LSN, so hopefully they dont do that sub 3.8 is auto-reject like I heard they did a lot last year! COME ON JR1

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:05 pm

bah, this is already getting tough to handle. all i want for christmas is a JR1 (yes, i know it's still october)

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:07 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:oh okay, I was thinking FML if 3.7-3.8 is splitter country.


0L Hoping for 1 wrote:hopefully they dont do that sub 3.8 is auto-reject like I heard they did a lot last year! COME ON JR1


ok, so if we're being real technical, hls's 25%ile is 3.72 or so, so 3.7 by the books is splitter, sadly. i am welll below that though.

and +1 for hoping that isn't auto-reject. i pray the ivy will save my gpa.

User avatar
babaghanouj
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby babaghanouj » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:37 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:stats in profile

just got my JR1! late to class, but at this point, i kind of dont care haha (but no, i need to run out the door NOW lol)

wanted to update everyone -- this email was a bit different from the other emails yesterday that said he'd call sometime within the next 3 days...JR actually gave me an exact date and HOUR he'd call, very diff from TS i believe.

guess i wont be blindsided at least!

good luck to everyone else! im sure more JR1's going out as we speak

Congrats!!

MeasuredOptimism
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby MeasuredOptimism » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:16 pm

I met JR in the flesh at a recruiting event recently and he suggested not correlating speed of receiving JR1 with auto-admit/deny. For what that's worth...

I didn't go complete until 10/14, so maybe I'm just trying to stay calm for the time being.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:08 pm

thx for all the congrats!

ill update on what questions he asked after early next week (when my interview takes place)

hm, it'd be pretty hard to do, but interesting if we could find out, at least for those on TLS, how many of those who receive early TS/JR1's get admitted versus denied and compare that to later in the cycle -- no idea if it'd be the same or not lol.

im definitely anticipating marbletop and T14's JR1's and hope it will go great for them!

User avatar
babaghanouj
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby babaghanouj » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:30 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:hm, it'd be pretty hard to do, but interesting if we could find out, at least for those on TLS, how many of those who receive early TS/JR1's get admitted versus denied and compare that to later in the cycle -- no idea if it'd be the same or not lol.


I support this (and hope to contribute to the data set with an interview of my own!).

alleyoop86
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:42 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby alleyoop86 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:16 am

just submitted, so guess i'm joining this thread!

picaresco
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby picaresco » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:52 am

Just went complete and under review yesterday!

Damn that late-sending recommender...

User avatar
nutella
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nutella » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 am

picaresco wrote:Just went complete and under review yesterday!

Damn that late-sending recommender...


When did you submit, if you don't mind me asking?

I found my first gray hair yesterday. :shock: I blame it on law school apps.

picaresco
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby picaresco » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:47 am

nutella wrote:
picaresco wrote:Just went complete and under review yesterday!

Damn that late-sending recommender...


When did you submit, if you don't mind me asking?

I found my first gray hair yesterday. :shock: I blame it on law school apps.


Oct. 14th. I went straight from waiting on completion to under review, though. I'm not sure if that's the usual state of affairs.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:23 pm

picaresco wrote:
nutella wrote:
picaresco wrote:Just went complete and under review yesterday!

Damn that late-sending recommender...


When did you submit, if you don't mind me asking?

I found my first gray hair yesterday. :shock: I blame it on law school apps.


Oct. 14th. I went straight from waiting on completion to under review, though. I'm not sure if that's the usual state of affairs.


for HLS, i think being under review and being complete are the same thing. a lot of us saw our status checkers change from "app received" to "complete and under review" - even before they sent the complete email out to us haha.

muahawhawhaw
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:23 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby muahawhawhaw » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:36 pm

As I'll be submitting my application by this weekend, I'd like to say my first "hello" and best of luck to you all.

About the splitters...

I'd also really like to know how the splitters are handled. I'd like to think that I'm a Harvard splitter, if there is such a thing (3.67 GPA and 178 LSAT... maybe I'm a little optimistic), so I'll be closely following this thread and hope to contribute my own experiences with the H-bomb.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27965
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kronk » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:39 pm

muahawhawhaw wrote:As I'll be submitting my application by this weekend, I'd like to say my first "hello" and best of luck to you all.

About the splitters...

I'd also really like to know how the splitters are handled. I'd like to think that I'm a Harvard splitter, if there is such a thing (3.67 GPA and 178 LSAT... maybe I'm a little optimistic), so I'll be closely following this thread and hope to contribute my own experiences with the H-bomb.


I think that 3.65 or so is the cellar for Harvard. A few people tend to sneak in. I think you probably have a decent chance if you had a tough major or another explanation for your GPA, given that 178.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:14 pm

muahawhawhaw wrote:As I'll be submitting my application by this weekend, I'd like to say my first "hello" and best of luck to you all.

About the splitters...

I'd also really like to know how the splitters are handled. I'd like to think that I'm a Harvard splitter, if there is such a thing (3.67 GPA and 178 LSAT... maybe I'm a little optimistic), so I'll be closely following this thread and hope to contribute my own experiences with the H-bomb.

To give you hope:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/onthehill/jd

Y/S don't take non-URM sub 3.75s though.

EDIT: That guy did go to HYP though, FWIW.

User avatar
soullesswonder
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby soullesswonder » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 pm

checked the site and found that I was under review. Submitted Oct 15th.

User avatar
Objection
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Objection » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:39 pm

excelsiorcaelo wrote:Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to everyone!


Shouldn't you be doing your open memo, Zefron?

User avatar
excelsiorcaelo
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:53 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby excelsiorcaelo » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:49 pm

Objection wrote:
excelsiorcaelo wrote:Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to everyone!


Shouldn't you be doing your open memo, Zefron?

Haven't even started it. :D

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby violaboy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:03 am

Also not feeling the love from Harvard. I'm sorry that I missed questions on the LSAT and got a B.

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Lmao Zedong » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:33 pm

no more emails this week? maybe it'll be going back to a once a week sort of deal.

good luck to those who have their interviews today!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Christinabruin, fountainja, Lmorina126 and 20 guests