Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ali & ali

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ali & ali » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Does anybody know when the next round of JR2s are going to come out? My JR1 was yesterday, lasted about 6 minutes, and left me feeling anxious for an answer. I also felt like JR might have been playing Tetris during our phone call :(

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:59 pm

ali & ali wrote:Does anybody know when the next round of JR2s are going to come out? My JR1 was yesterday, lasted about 6 minutes, and left me feeling anxious for an answer. I also felt like JR might have been playing Tetris during our phone call :(

my money's on next monday for the next JR2 round. I think that'd be most consistent with the pattern from previous years

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:14 pm

GargamelITT wrote:
ali & ali wrote:Does anybody know when the next round of JR2s are going to come out? My JR1 was yesterday, lasted about 6 minutes, and left me feeling anxious for an answer. I also felt like JR might have been playing Tetris during our phone call :(

my money's on next monday for the next JR2 round. I think that'd be most consistent with the pattern from previous years

+1. 12/7 it is.

driveshaft

Postby driveshaft » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:44 pm

GargamelITT wrote:my money's on next monday for the next JR2 round. I think that'd be most consistent with the pattern from previous years

Please be right. Please. And let me get one too please.

I felt the same way, but I'm hoping it's because I'm a sure yes not a sure no? At least that's how I've cried myself to sleep the past two nights.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:49 pm

driveshaft wrote:

I felt the same way, but I'm hoping it's because I'm a sure yes not a sure no? At least that's how I've cried myself to sleep the past two nights.

I seriously think that JR seeming completely distracted does not mean anything bad. He could not have sounded more disinterested or hurried during my JR1 and I am safely post-JR2. I think he's just making a bazillion phone calls a day. fingers crossed for all recent JR1s and others, odds are you're in great shape.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:50 pm

owhlcn wrote:
driveshaft wrote:

I seriously think that JR seeming completely distracted does not mean anything bad. He could not have sounded more disinterested or hurried during my JR1 and I am safely post-JR2. I think he's just making a bazillion phone calls a day. fingers crossed for all recent JR1s and others, odds are you're in great shape.

So he sounded unbiased did he? (Sorry, misuse of disinterested v. uninterested is a big pet peeve of mine.)

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:51 pm

crackberry wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
driveshaft wrote:

So he sounded unbiased did he? (Sorry, misuse of disinterested v. uninterested is a big pet peeve of mine.)

Maybe he was only unconsciously disinterested.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:52 pm

crackberry wrote:So he sounded unbiased did he? (Sorry, misuse of disinterested v. uninterested is a big pet peeve of mine.)

* blush * i stand corrected, thanks crackberry.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:54 pm

crackberry wrote:
owhlcn wrote:I seriously think that JR seeming completely distracted does not mean anything bad. He could not have sounded more disinterested or hurried during my JR1 and I am safely post-JR2. I think he's just making a bazillion phone calls a day. fingers crossed for all recent JR1s and others, odds are you're in great shape.

pretty sure unbiased works in that sentence, grammar nazi.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:58 pm

puppins wrote:
crackberry wrote:
owhlcn wrote:I seriously think that JR seeming completely distracted does not mean anything bad. He could not have sounded more disinterested or hurried during my JR1 and I am safely post-JR2. I think he's just making a bazillion phone calls a day. fingers crossed for all recent JR1s and others, odds are you're in great shape.

pretty sure unbiased works in that sentence, grammar nazi.

Technically, yes okay. But it certainly wasn't the meaning OP was going for. And you know that as well as I.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 pm

He probably gets bored and toys with people that he calls... If I were an adcom, I would have so much fun doing stuff like:

Yell out: "DANG, I missed, get back here you sucker" and then go "oh, yeah, what were u saying again?"

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 pm

owhlcn wrote:
crackberry wrote:So he sounded unbiased did he? (Sorry, misuse of disinterested v. uninterested is a big pet peeve of mine.)

Haha no worries. Now if only my proficiency in grammar would garner me a JR2...

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:01 pm

crackberry wrote:
owhlcn wrote:

Haha no worries. Now if only my proficiency in grammar would garner me a JR2...

haha good luck with that. my money's on dec 7, so fingers crossed for you and all others waiting...

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:03 pm

with another batch on 12/14?

driveshaft

Postby driveshaft » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:05 pm

SolarWind wrote:

He probably gets bored and toys with people that he calls... If I were an adcom, I would have so much fun doing stuff like:

Yell out: "DANG, I missed, get back here you sucker" and then go "oh, yeah, what were u saying again?"

This is why I couldn't be an adcom. I'd be so drunk with power that I wouldn't be able to help but let my sadistic side slip out.

Edit until I hear back from HLS: ::Cough:: I mean, SolarWind, how disrespectful. I'm sure JR does his job with the upmost integrity.

ali & ali

Postby ali & ali » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:21 pm

owhlcn wrote:So he sounded unbiased did he? (Sorry, misuse of disinterested v. uninterested is a big pet peeve of mine.)

I appreciate it, though, Crackberry. I'm spending so much time trying to perfect my Arabic speech and grammar that I started neglecting my English. Go figure.

My fingers are crossed with the rest of y'all.

superberry

Postby superberry » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm really starting to get pissed off.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:57 pm

ali & ali wrote:
owhlcn wrote:So he sounded unbiased did he? (Sorry, misuse of disinterested v. uninterested is a big pet peeve of mine.)

I appreciate it, though, Crackberry. I'm spending so much time trying to perfect my Arabic speech and grammar that I started neglecting my English. Go figure.

My fingers are crossed with the rest of y'all.

you a southerner? lol

ali & ali

Postby ali & ali » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:07 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:you a southerner? lol

Of course! You couldn't tell by my name?

pulpfree

Postby pulpfree » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:31 pm

owhlcn wrote:
driveshaft wrote:

That's just exactly what mine sounded like. Thanks for making me feel much much better. :oops:

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:34 pm

ali & ali wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:you a southerner? lol

Of course! You couldn't tell by my name?

you're right, it was a dead giveaway - im just not thinking straight today lol.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:35 pm

quick question:
What's the next best thing to being given a JR1 promptly? Possibly not being rejected after longer UR? Does Harvard send out rejections on a regular basis, or do they hold off till the end?
Just wondering

dudester

Postby dudester » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:49 am

SanBun wrote:quick question:
What's the next best thing to being given a JR1 promptly? Possibly not being rejected after longer UR? Does Harvard send out rejections on a regular basis, or do they hold off till the end?
Just wondering

Well, JR1s/JR2s are an either you get them or you don't kind of thing, so there's no next best thing to them. You have a chance of getting one as long as you haven't been rejected, of course, so keep the hope alive!

I think HLS is going to send out acceptances/rejections/wait lists when they've made a final decision rather than later in the cycle like they've done before.

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:49 am

Anyone else having trouble w/ their status checker this morning?

amidea

Postby amidea » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:02 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Anyone else having trouble w/ their status checker this morning?

Nope.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”