Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Core wrote:
crackberry wrote:I find it a little strange that apparently 0 calls have gone out today to people currently living in the U.S. I guess he could be calling solely people who aren't on TLS, but that explanation seems dubious at best given the preponderance of JR2s to TLS people yesterday.

This anxious waiting period to see if I get a JR2 is worse than the overall application process and waiting for an LSAT score.
I hope you agree.

No question about it. I don't even really think it's that close.

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:55 pm

this is for sure the worst feeling I've had in any part of any admissions process I've gone through. waiting for LSAT score was just fine, maybe a little anxiety but you knew exactly when it would come back (give or take) and you could remain optimistic through the whole process.

on the other hand, this is like a slowly but surely building nausea. there's a lovely little sinking feeling you get every hour or so that goes by without getting a call. I'm starting to hate the background on my cell phone screen

dms87

Postby dms87 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:59 pm

According to the status checker, my application is under review. The text at the top says my app is complete, although I have not gotten a complete email. As far as potential JR1 timelines are concerned, should I consider this effectively my "complete" e-mail? In which case, if I am going to get a JR1, I should get that email in the next 1-3 weeks? Or should I consider 1-3 weeks from if/when I get a complete e-mail?
Also, is the timeline/wait times for the various parts of the process the same now as it was for the Pre-Thanksgiving JR1's?
Thanks, I'm sure you've answered this all before, but this thread is so massive now.

Eigenvalue A

Postby Eigenvalue A » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:09 pm

I typed Harvard's number in my cell phone and called them just so I can look at my recent call list and know what it feels like to have gotten a JR1 and JR2.

ChildPlease

Postby ChildPlease » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:21 pm

Eigenvalue A wrote:I typed Harvard's number in my cell phone and called them just so I can look at my recent call list and know what it feels like to have gotten a JR1 and JR2.

I drafted up an acceptance letter and put together a huge Harvard Law binder.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:22 pm

ChildPlease wrote:
Eigenvalue A wrote:I typed Harvard's number in my cell phone and called them just so I can look at my recent call list and know what it feels like to have gotten a JR1 and JR2.

I drafted up an acceptance letter and put together a huge Harvard Law binder.

i'm just going to frame my rejection and tell people 'but its mail from HARVARD'

brennanlives

Postby brennanlives » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:32 pm

dms87 wrote:According to the status checker, my application is under review. The text at the top says my app is complete, although I have not gotten a complete email. As far as potential JR1 timelines are concerned, should I consider this effectively my "complete" e-mail? In which case, if I am going to get a JR1, I should get that email in the next 1-3 weeks? Or should I consider 1-3 weeks from if/when I get a complete e-mail?
Also, is the timeline/wait times for the various parts of the process the same now as it was for the Pre-Thanksgiving JR1's?
Thanks, I'm sure you've answered this all before, but this thread is so massive now.

i'd really like to know the same thing...i submitted on 11/12, went complete on 11/23 and am kicking myself for not having applied earlier!! i think there is definitely going to be more of a time lag now, given that most people get their apps in around this time. congrats to all who are in, though--what an achievement!

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:40 pm

GargamelITT wrote:this is for sure the worst feeling I've had in any part of any admissions process I've gone through. waiting for LSAT score was just fine, maybe a little anxiety but you knew exactly when it would come back (give or take) and you could remain optimistic through the whole process.

on the other hand, this is like a slowly but surely building nausea. there's a lovely little sinking feeling you get every hour or so that goes by without getting a call. I'm starting to hate the background on my cell phone screen

I'm pretty surprised neither Gargamel nor janer got a JR2 yesterday. I would've assumed both would be in and the fact that they haven't gotten called makes me somewhat upbeat that there will be another batch soon, but the total lack of calls today (on TLS and LSN) is somewhat unnerving.

lz06

Postby lz06 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:54 pm

The fact that he kept making calls so late yesterday gave me the impression that he wanted to just finish everything in a day or something. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I think he's done.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:03 pm

lz06 wrote:The fact that he kept making calls so late yesterday gave me the impression that he wanted to just finish everything in a day or something. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I think he's done.

Yep, this has also crossed my mind. According to LSN there were 42 Harvard admits yesterday compared with 44 on the first day of JR2s last year. Last year, another 15-20 or so people got in on the second day. This year, that number is 2-3. It's a little different, but it's also LSN so it can't be trusted really. I'm basically resigned to the fact that I'm getting WLed, but am somewhat shocked that at least 4-5 of us are in the pre-Thanksgiving JR1 but no JR2 boat, whereas last year apparently there was no one on TLS who had that happen. Whatever, guess it had to happen to some of us.

Future TLS users: let this be a warning. A pre-Thanksgiving JR1 is not a guarantee.

PoorOrpheus

Postby PoorOrpheus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Any JR1 e-mails go out today? I think two people on TLS got one yesterday, but I'm curious about today.

frankjones

Postby frankjones » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Has anyone here gotten a JR1 with a 171? Went UR 11/23. Submitted 11/13.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:16 pm

frankjones wrote:Has anyone here gotten a JR1 with a 171? Went UR 11/23. Submitted 11/13.

Yes, people have. A few 171s have already been accepted. Check LSN.

PoorOrpheus

Postby PoorOrpheus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:17 pm

frankjones wrote:Has anyone here gotten a JR1 with a 171? Went UR 11/23. Submitted 11/13.

Yes:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/DerRechtsanwalt
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/adastra11
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/emptybee

violaboy

Postby violaboy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:21 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:

Yes:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/DerRechtsanwalt
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/adastra11
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/emptybee

Ugh, they have higher GPAs than me. I guess I'll just wait for my waitlist letter.

georgina

Postby georgina » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:22 pm

crackberry wrote: I'm basically resigned to the fact that I'm getting WLed, but am somewhat shocked that at least 4-5 of us are in the pre-Thanksgiving JR1 but no JR2 boat, whereas last year apparently there was no one on TLS who had that happen. Whatever, guess it had to happen to some of us.

Future TLS users: let this be a warning. A pre-Thanksgiving JR1 is not a guarantee.

aww, this is so sad. did you non-JR2 guys try the little login trick they talked about on the other forum?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=96926&start=75
like, logging in with cberry.jd13 or something.

hope it works!

Cassandrus

Postby Cassandrus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:26 pm

crackberry wrote:
lz06 wrote:The fact that he kept making calls so late yesterday gave me the impression that he wanted to just finish everything in a day or something. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I think he's done.

Yep, this has also crossed my mind. According to LSN there were 42 Harvard admits yesterday compared with 44 on the first day of JR2s last year. Last year, another 15-20 or so people got in on the second day. This year, that number is 2-3. It's a little different, but it's also LSN so it can't be trusted really. I'm basically resigned to the fact that I'm getting WLed, but am somewhat shocked that at least 4-5 of us are in the pre-Thanksgiving JR1 but no JR2 boat, whereas last year apparently there was no one on TLS who had that happen. Whatever, guess it had to happen to some of us.

This discrepancy seems to indicate that you shouldn't be as quick to infer bad things from the lack of a JR2 as you would have if you hadn't gotten a TS2 last year--JR still needs to fill those same 850 slots. If he's doing fewer acceptances now, he'll need to do more later.

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:37 pm

crackberry wrote:

yeah, I wouldn't make examples of us just yet, I bet we've still got a fighting chance. sure we're not really sitting pretty by the looks of it, but I don't think we're dead in the water

even if he's done with the pre-thanksgiving admits (which admittedly looks pretty plausible at this point) historically I think early TS1s still have a shot at a call in the next batch during December. they sure played some mind games with me for my JR1 (had to wait ~6 weeks for it) so i'm not letting go just yet

baiailian also, btw, has near auto admit numbers iirc and hasn't heard yet. I think some more are still going out. I'm not auto admit by any means (>75 LSAT, 25ish GPA) but there's still a fair amount of green near me on last year's LSN. still hoping for the best

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:40 pm

GargamelITT wrote:baiailian also, btw, has near auto admit numbers iirc and hasn't heard yet. I think some more are still going out. I'm not auto admit by any means (>75 LSAT, 25ish GPA) but there's still a fair amount of green near me on last year's LSN. still hoping for the best

True, doesn't baiailian have a 180? That's comforting as well. I haven't given up hope, I just want to stop agonizing over Harvard and move on with my life so I'm trying to pretend it's over.

On another note, the admitted students site did not let me on and I do not have a Harvard email address on my status checker.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:49 pm

GargamelITT wrote:
crackberry wrote:

yeah, I wouldn't make examples of us just yet, I bet we've still got a fighting chance. sure we're not really sitting pretty by the looks of it, but I don't think we're dead in the water

even if he's done with the pre-thanksgiving admits (which admittedly looks pretty plausible at this point) historically I think early TS1s still have a shot at a call in the next batch during December. they sure played some mind games with me for my JR1 (had to wait ~6 weeks for it) so i'm not letting go just yet

baiailian also, btw, has near auto admit numbers iirc and hasn't heard yet. I think some more are still going out. I'm not auto admit by any means (>75 LSAT, 25ish GPA) but there's still a fair amount of green near me on last year's LSN. still hoping for the best

This.

I mentioned how in the TS2 thread last yr, everyone who got a pre-thxgiving TS1 eventually got a TS2 (or at least the ones who posted about having a TS1 and no TS2), but many of them got it in the DECEMBER batch, and at least SOME had early TS1's (not just a few days/a week before thanksgiving)...so no where near out of the fight yet guys!

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:51 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:I mentioned how in the TS2 thread last yr, everyone who got a pre-thxgiving TS1 eventually got a TS2 (or at least the ones who posted about having a TS1 and no TS2), but many of them got it in the DECEMBER batch, and at least SOME had early TS1's (not just a few days/a week before thanksgiving)...so no where near out of the fight yet guys!

Good to know. Thanks, DC.

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:34 pm

Just got a complete email--does a complete email without a JR1 mean anything? (under review as of 11/13, sent 11/4)

dudester

Postby dudester » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm

cougarlive wrote:Just got a complete email--does a complete email without a JR1 mean anything? (under review as of 11/13, sent 11/4)

It means your application is complete.

soanxious

Postby soanxious » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:36 pm

AHHHHHH i wish we got rejection / waitlist calls - i'm seriously shitting myself over here - and i'm abroad so the time difference is annoying as well!

liljerry

Postby liljerry » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:22 pm

under review 11/6
complete 11/19 (6 days ago)

no JR1 email thou. Is this an awful sign? It seems like everyone who had a JR1 got the email very close to complete email.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”