Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Core » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:27 pm

zamd006 wrote:inn....INTERVIEW friday morning.

He is still calling people?

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:30 pm

Just missed a call from him. Unless the universe is needlessly cruel, I'm in.

ukrainetrain
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ukrainetrain » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Got JR2 this morning. For those who are interested:
LSAT: 170
GPA: 4
Non-URM
Undergrad at Top-10 Private
PS, DS, Recs, and Softs all strong (in my own biased opinion)

mhopeful
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mhopeful » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:34 pm

wait lemme understand, is he still calling now even though its past 5?

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby TheWire » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:34 pm

congrats to all those that have been admitted...and hang in there to those who haven't received their calls yet

I know this probably isn't the right time...but I just went under review today and I haven't received a complete e-mail (or status update for that matter)...does this mean that a JR1 is out of question?

thank you guys,

--theWire

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:35 pm

mhopeful wrote:wait lemme understand, is he still calling now even though its past 5?


Yes, he called me around 5:25 EST.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:36 pm

TheWire wrote:congrats to all those that have been admitted...and hang in there to those who haven't received their calls yet

I know this probably isn't the right time...but I just went under review today and I haven't received a complete e-mail (or status update for that matter)...does this mean that a JR1 is out of question?

thank you guys,

--theWire


No, I went under review on 11/5 and he emailed for the interview on 11/13. I'd give it at least 10-14 days before getting worried.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Emma. » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:36 pm

TheWire wrote:congrats to all those that have been admitted...and hang in there to those who haven't received their calls yet

I know this probably isn't the right time...but I just went under review today and I haven't received a complete e-mail (or status update for that matter)...does this mean that a JR1 is out of question?

thank you guys,

--theWire


Nah, I think everyone goes under review before the complete email. Often the JR1 invite has come out almost the same time as the complete notification.

caved
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby caved » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:38 pm

In as well!! Got the call at around 11am this morning. Just throwing that out there for anyone interested in getting a sense of numbers from this thread (?)

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby TheWire » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Thanks to emrose and managamy!

I love quick responses with good news!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:39 pm

emrose wrote:
TheWire wrote:congrats to all those that have been admitted...and hang in there to those who haven't received their calls yet

I know this probably isn't the right time...but I just went under review today and I haven't received a complete e-mail (or status update for that matter)...does this mean that a JR1 is out of question?

thank you guys,

--theWire


Nah, I think everyone goes under review before the complete email. Often the JR1 invite has come out almost the same time as the complete notification.


I DID the JR1 last Wednesday and didn't get the complete notification until last Thursday morning. So that email is "completely" meaningless.

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Nom Sawyer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:39 pm

emrose wrote:
TheWire wrote:congrats to all those that have been admitted...and hang in there to those who haven't received their calls yet

I know this probably isn't the right time...but I just went under review today and I haven't received a complete e-mail (or status update for that matter)...does this mean that a JR1 is out of question?

thank you guys,

--theWire


Nah, I think everyone goes under review before the complete email. Often the JR1 invite has come out almost the same time as the complete notification.


When'd u go complete Emrose? You should be hearing from him soon too :D

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:40 pm

To be honest, I think that they have mostly made up their minds BEFORE the JR1 and are just using it to confirm that you're not an escaped convict or lunatic.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kronk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 pm

managamy wrote:To be honest, I think that they have mostly made up their minds BEFORE the JR1 and are just using it to confirm that you're not an escaped convict or lunatic.


I don't know. A lot people with stats that are below normal Harvard standards got JR1s this year it seemed (from this thread). I have a feeling some of them might be like informal waitlistees--people who JR will accept assuming better applications don't come in December or January.

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:48 pm

VoidSix wrote:
managamy wrote:To be honest, I think that they have mostly made up their minds BEFORE the JR1 and are just using it to confirm that you're not an escaped convict or lunatic.


I don't know. A lot people with stats that are below normal Harvard standards got JR1s this year it seemed (from this thread). I have a feeling some of them might be like informal waitlistees--people who JR will accept assuming better applications don't come in December or January.


informal waitlistees, like people JR was pretty sure he'd end up waitlisting but went ahead and interviewed first anyway?

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kronk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:50 pm

I meant more like people on the lower side of the medians who might make up that bottom 50% of the class but won't be accepted until April in case anymore 175+ / 3.9+ applicants come in late.

It should be noted that I have no idea what I'm talking about and am just speculating.

sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby sfdreaming09 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:52 pm

GOT MY JR2 AT 12:18 PST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

DREAM COME TRUE!

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:57 pm

VoidSix wrote:I meant more like people on the lower side of the medians who might make up that bottom 50% of the class but won't be accepted until April in case anymore 175+ / 3.9+ applicants come in late.

It should be noted that I have no idea what I'm talking about and am just speculating.


haha. speculating is fun. yea i think it's likely that he's interviewing some lower stat people and then holding off on the JR2/WL/R option until more applicants roll in. likely, but unpleasant. i mean, that 1/4 post-call WL/R has got to come from somewhere, and i highly doubt that many of the group are people JR deemed to be crazy.

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:58 pm

The man is dedicated. Just called me again at 6 PM EST.

mhopeful
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mhopeful » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Omg! I just got in like twenty five minutes ago!!!! West coast. So excited!!!!!!! Dont give up hope!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:08 pm

Haha so I feel like the loneliest person on the planet and am almost embarrassed to say this but I never got a JR2 today. I suppose it's possible he called me while my phone was off / out of service, but I never got a voicemail nor did he call back, so I'm not holding my breath.

I never really thought I had a chance at HLS given my (relatively) low LSAT score, but the JR1 gave me hope, obviously, so this has definitely been a disappointing day. I'll keep my phone nearby tomorrow, but I'm definitely not expecting a call.

Two questions:
1) Has anyone heard anything negative from HLS? I assume not.
2) Has anyone else who had a relatively early JR1 (let's say pre-11/10) not received a JR2?

mozhou7
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mozhou7 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:12 pm

crackberry wrote:Haha so I feel like the loneliest person on the planet and am almost embarrassed to say this but I never got a JR2 today. I suppose it's possible he called me while my phone was off / out of service, but I never got a voicemail nor did he call back, so I'm not holding my breath.

I never really thought I had a chance at HLS given my (relatively) low LSAT score, but the JR1 gave me hope, obviously, so this has definitely been a disappointing day. I'll keep my phone nearby tomorrow, but I'm definitely not expecting a call.

Two questions:
1) Has anyone heard anything negative from HLS? I assume not.
2) Has anyone else who had a relatively early JR1 (let's say pre-11/10) not received a JR2?


I know how you feel. I really wanted that phone call today.

I had my JR1 on the 3rd of Nov, and definitely no phone call today...

It does suck a little/a lot...but hey..."sometimes you don't, because sometimes you won't"...

PS. you are also west coast...so it might still be tonight.

User avatar
gasja_tearo
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:44 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby gasja_tearo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:14 pm

In, got the call at 4PM today!

Stat: 177/4.02, strong softs. Still in undergrad.

User avatar
Chichaca
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Chichaca » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:16 pm

I'm in!! Voice mail at 5:12, which I missed because I was at the gym.



Ahhhhh, life is beautiful. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lz06 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:18 pm

I feel like everyone got it today except a small few :?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Zoe107 and 6 guests