Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Reverethong
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Reverethong » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 pm

just got the JR2!!!! :)
east coast, JR1 was last week
Good luck to everyone who hasn't gotten one yet, and congrats to everyone else who has!

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Slimpee » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:03 pm

So how many of you who have received JR2's are going to accept and enroll at Harvard?

User avatar
Burberry by Burberry
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:07 pm

Has anyone who is "Application Under Review" NOT received the JR1?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Burberry by Burberry wrote:Has anyone who is "Application Under Review" NOT received the JR1?


Me, but it's an unrealistic long shot for me, so I didn't expect one.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Whats the process for JR1?

Received email, then application under review on status checker, then complete email and then, if you're lucky, JR1 email?

zamd006
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby zamd006 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:10 pm

Burberry by Burberry wrote:Has anyone who is "Application Under Review" NOT received the JR1?


a bunch of people.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lz06 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:11 pm

Reverethong wrote:just got the JR2!!!! :)
east coast, JR1 was last week
Good luck to everyone who hasn't gotten one yet, and congrats to everyone else who has!


Did you JUST get it on the east cost? Meaning that its not going in order east to west coast?

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby letsgojayhawks » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:14 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:Has anyone who is "Application Under Review" NOT received the JR1?


Me, but it's an unrealistic long shot for me, so I didn't expect one.


+1

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:15 pm

zamd006 wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:Has anyone who is "Application Under Review" NOT received the JR1?


a bunch of people.

agreed. you should talk to the sad sacks that have even gotten a complete email and still no JR1.



we are very sad

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:16 pm

I land in an hour and 15 minutes (barring delays) and really hope he hasn't started calling West Coast people by then (because he probably assumes I'm still on the WC). Then again, I've got to take the subway home from JFK and won't have service there for a while either. FML.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lz06 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:17 pm

I'm convinved that I'm going to be one of those people that got a pre-Thanksgiving JR1 and no JR2 :(

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby letsgojayhawks » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:17 pm

puppins wrote:
zamd006 wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:Has anyone who is "Application Under Review" NOT received the JR1?


a bunch of people.

agreed. you should talk to the sad sacks that have even gotten a complete email and still no JR1.



we are very sad


I'm in that boat too. Some people have gotten JR1s post-complete email, so I don't think its the end of the world.

Reverethong
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Reverethong » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:17 pm

lz06 wrote:
Reverethong wrote:just got the JR2!!!! :)
east coast, JR1 was last week
Good luck to everyone who hasn't gotten one yet, and congrats to everyone else who has!


Did you JUST get it on the east cost? Meaning that its not going in order east to west coast?



yea. well, like 20 mins ago or so

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby dudester » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:18 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Whats the process for JR1?

Received email, then application under review on status checker, then complete email and then, if you're lucky, JR1 email?


It seems like there's no set process. Mine followed your order, but some people's didn't.
Last edited by dudester on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nixxers » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:18 pm

lz06 wrote:I'm convinved that I'm going to be one of those people that got a pre-Thanksgiving JR1 and no JR2 :(


+1 :cry:

hermione0901
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby hermione0901 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:18 pm

wait - Thursday, as in four days ago?[/quote]

Yeah, Thursday as in four days ago. Just realized I used the wrong term, I had the interview on Thursday, not the email. I'm not fluent in TLS lingo yet....

vyboxvybox
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby vyboxvybox » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:18 pm

Received my JR2 this morning.

I was so excited I missed some of the things he said about the rest of the process. Could somebody who was more coherent during the JR2 post a message or PM me about what he said the next few steps are? I know he said to be looking for an e-mail from him with our Harvard e-mail (!!!), but I don't recall when he said to expect that. He said the student handbook would be mailed out next week, but that it was available online.

Does anybody remember if he said that that stuff would come relatively soon, as in today or before the mailing goes out after Thanksgiving?

And he didn't mention anything about this and I'm no expert in the process, but when and where do we get to tell Harvard "Yes, yes a thousand times yes I love you and always willllllllll!!!@!@!##@!"

Congrats to everybody who received their JR2 today. Good luck to everybody else who is waiting.

zamd006
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby zamd006 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:19 pm

lz06 wrote:I'm convinved that I'm going to be one of those people that got a pre-Thanksgiving JR1 and no JR2 :(


We're in this together. Although I just did the interview last friday, I can't imagine them deciding this quickly so I'm waiting until tomorrow, and if not then early december or bust.

hermione0901
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby hermione0901 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:20 pm

For those of you who have gotten the JR2 today, does your status on the website still say "Application under review" or has it gone to decision yet?

zamd006
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby zamd006 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:21 pm

hermione0901 wrote:For those of you who have gotten the JR2 today, does your status on the website still say "Application under review" or has it gone to decision yet?


This question was answered last page, look back. No it doesnt change immediately.

User avatar
irie
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby irie » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:25 pm

crackberry wrote:I land in an hour and 15 minutes (barring delays) and really hope he hasn't started calling West Coast people by then (because he probably assumes I'm still on the WC). Then again, I've got to take the subway home from JFK and won't have service there for a while either. FML.


suck it up and cab that shit lol. lirr from jamaica if u are in manhattan to maximize time above ground.

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Nom Sawyer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:26 pm

hermione0901 wrote:For those of you who have gotten the JR2 today, does your status on the website still say "Application under review" or has it gone to decision yet?


Still Under Review...


And don't lose hope guys, I'm pretty sure he's still calling. Sounded like he was busy (i.e. a little rushed) on my call like 20 mins ago so I'm sure he's still doing the rounds.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:26 pm

irie wrote:
crackberry wrote:I land in an hour and 15 minutes (barring delays) and really hope he hasn't started calling West Coast people by then (because he probably assumes I'm still on the WC). Then again, I've got to take the subway home from JFK and won't have service there for a while either. FML.


suck it up and cab that shit lol. lirr from jamaica if u are in manhattan to maximize time above ground.

A cab from JFK to Manhattan costs about as much as it cost me to apply to Harvard.

annabell
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby annabell » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:28 pm

I posted this a few pages ago but no response, so I'll do it again:

Last year calls went out on Tuesday and Wednesday. Do we think more calls will go out tomorrow and/or Wednesday, or if we don't hear back by 5pm EST, we're rejected/WL?

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:29 pm

annabell wrote:I posted this a few pages ago but no response, so I'll do it again:

Last year calls went out on Tuesday and Wednesday. Do we think more calls will go out tomorrow and/or Wednesday, or if we don't hear back by 5pm EST, we're rejected/WL?

It is not even December. You are rejected/WL when you hear that you are rejected/WL and not before.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, lawnerd87, michelekfla, ohgosh, uhwrestler and 13 guests