Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby sfdreaming09 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:57 am

ylc wrote:
sfdreaming09 wrote:BTW, for those who have gotten the call, has your status checker changed at all? Are you able to access the admitted students site?


My status checker has not changed at all --


Thanks! And congrats again! I cant imagine how you all must feel right now!

s419
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby s419 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:58 am

naruhodo wrote:OMG. JR2!

FYI -- Had my JR1 on 11/16.


Anyone else who's had JR2s have their JR1 last week? Mine was 11/20 and I'm freaking out!

emptybee
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby emptybee » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 am

Looking at LSN, it seems that most of the JR2's so far are people above both 75th's...


http://harvard.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... order=desc

User avatar
nutella
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nutella » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:00 pm

I just missed a call from JR. And he didn't leave a voicemail....

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:01 pm

not to take away from the joy of JR2's (CONGRATULATIONS! so exciting!) but i have a question--

KuroiTsuki wrote:It is most certainly NOT a formality ... "HLS usually accepts between 1/2 and 2/3 of people that they interview on the phone."


do they ever give an interview knowing full well that based on the application, they plan on waitlisting the applicant? (that would another way of resolving the formality-2/3 paradox.). that would suck.

or do they only give interviews to people they will accept, barring a terrible interview (i find it hard to believe 1/3 of interviewees sound crazy).

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:01 pm

nutella wrote:I just missed a call from JR. And he didn't leave a voicemail....

Really?

User avatar
capitalacq
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby capitalacq » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:02 pm

nutella wrote:I just missed a call from JR. And he didn't leave a voicemail....

oh my god...

I guess I ain't saving this

User avatar
Chichaca
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Chichaca » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:07 pm

emptybee wrote:Looking at LSN, it seems that most of the JR2's so far are people above both 75th's...


http://harvard.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... order=desc

And disproportionately from top undergrads...


Okay, I need to stop obsessing. Deep breath.

cougit
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby cougit » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Any JR2's on the west coast? I'm hoping he's just being considerate and waiting to call the cali kids until about 9 am.

sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby sfdreaming09 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:11 pm

cougit wrote:Any JR2's on the west coast? I'm hoping he's just being considerate and waiting to call the cali kids until about 9 am.


+1. Very interested in this as well.

User avatar
nutella
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nutella » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:12 pm

capitalacq wrote:
nutella wrote:I just missed a call from JR. And he didn't leave a voicemail....

oh my god...

I guess I ain't saving this


Yes. I missed the call on purpose, stared at my phone for five minutes and then realized that there was no message. I called him back but for some reason I didn't expect him to answer.

Him: Hello, this is JR.
Me: OHHH. Um, hi, I missed a call from your number.
Him: (laughing at my awkwardness) Okay, what's your name?
Me: nutella
Him: (still laughing) Okay, umm, hold on... I just have to check... give me one second....
(Me silently freaking out)
Him: (finally finding my name) Okay, good. Congratulations....

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:13 pm

sfdreaming09 wrote:
cougit wrote:Any JR2's on the west coast? I'm hoping he's just being considerate and waiting to call the cali kids until about 9 am.


+1. Very interested in this as well.

+2. I had to turn my phone off at about 7:15 this morning for my flight. The fact that he didn't leave a voicemail is absolutely terrifying to me. I'm not even that confident that I'm in line for a JR2, but the thought of missing the call and having it go straight to voicemail and then having him decide to change his mind is — while absurd — very much in the forefront of my mind right now.

User avatar
babaghanouj
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby babaghanouj » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:17 pm

nutella wrote:
capitalacq wrote:
nutella wrote:I just missed a call from JR. And he didn't leave a voicemail....

oh my god...

I guess I ain't saving this


Yes. I missed the call on purpose, stared at my phone for five minutes and then realized that there was no message. I called him back but for some reason I didn't expect him to answer.

Him: Hello, this is JR.
Me: OHHH. Um, hi, I missed a call from your number.
Him: (laughing at my awkwardness) Okay, what's your name?
Me: nutella
Him: (still laughing) Okay, umm, hold on... I just have to check... give me one second....
(Me silently freaking out)
Him: (finally finding my name) Okay, good. Congratulations....


haha, very nice. Congrats!

cougit
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby cougit » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:18 pm

crackberry wrote:
sfdreaming09 wrote:
cougit wrote:Any JR2's on the west coast? I'm hoping he's just being considerate and waiting to call the cali kids until about 9 am.


+1. Very interested in this as well.

+2. I had to turn my phone off at about 7:15 this morning for my flight. The fact that he didn't leave a voicemail is absolutely terrifying to me. I'm not even that confident that I'm in line for a JR2, but the thought of missing the call and having it go straight to voicemail and then having him decide to change his mind is — while absurd — very much in the forefront of my mind right now.


everyone on lsn who reported a JR2 so far has been east coast. I think he'll be working his way west. good luck to you both I (really really really) hope we all hear today!

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby T14 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:22 pm

cougit wrote:
crackberry wrote:
sfdreaming09 wrote:
cougit wrote:Any JR2's on the west coast? I'm hoping he's just being considerate and waiting to call the cali kids until about 9 am.


+1. Very interested in this as well.

+2. I had to turn my phone off at about 7:15 this morning for my flight. The fact that he didn't leave a voicemail is absolutely terrifying to me. I'm not even that confident that I'm in line for a JR2, but the thought of missing the call and having it go straight to voicemail and then having him decide to change his mind is — while absurd — very much in the forefront of my mind right now.


everyone on lsn who reported a JR2 so far has been east coast. I think he'll be working his way west. good luck to you both I (really really really) hope we all hear today!


I really hope this is the reason.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:26 pm

holy crap! congrats to everyone! i didnt think they'd go out today, and now my heart is beating way too fast -- and im in CLASS, crap!

he didnt call when i left an hour ago, but my phone's at home...man plz missed call when i get back

gl to everyone waiting! and wow most people so far all november JR1's? any of the first callers yet? or is he working east to west as suggested for...well, practical time reasons? lol

HowardRoark
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby HowardRoark » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:27 pm

CONGRATS to everyone so far.
Im on the west coast and woke up at 7am to go to the bathroom. Terrible decision, I checked this blog to see if there was any action on the JR2 front and havent been able to go back to sleep since!
Here's hoping hes working his way west.

User avatar
The Dan
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby The Dan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:28 pm

Application under review as of this morning. Oh boy, I'm nervous. Well maybe anxious is the better word.


Congrats to all those who have been accepted this morning!

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:29 pm

emptybee wrote:Looking at LSN, it seems that most of the JR2's so far are people above both 75th's...


fyi there's this URM guy with a 168 that seems to have gotten it.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=96926

annabell
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby annabell » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:29 pm

Last year calls went out on Tuesday and Wednesday. Do we think more calls will go out tomorrow and/or Wednesday, or if we don't hear back by 5pm EST, we're rejected/WL?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:32 pm

So if JR isn't leaving voicemails, does that mean we think he'll call back at some point if we miss the call? I won't be able to see if I have a missed call because my phone is off so I wouldn't be able to do the whole "I missed a call from this number" deal. This is actually killing me.

naruhodo
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:55 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby naruhodo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:40 pm

crackberry wrote:So if JR isn't leaving voicemails, does that mean we think he'll call back at some point if we miss the call? I won't be able to see if I have a missed call because my phone is off so I wouldn't be able to do the whole "I missed a call from this number" deal. This is actually killing me.


FWIW, he left a voicemail for me, but he may have just done that because I am currently on the other side of the world.

SprangTyme
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby SprangTyme » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:45 pm

JR2!!!!!!!!!! (I am in Texas btw, in case you guys are still on the east-west theory)

So I really want to call him back and apologize for saying awesome about 5 times during our interview. Everyone says he laughs at their nervousness, he never laughs at mine... I guess I'm not as funny?

cougit
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby cougit » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:48 pm

SprangTyme wrote:JR2!!!!!!!!!! (I am in Texas btw, in case you guys are still on the east-west theory)

So I really want to call him back and apologize for saying awesome about 5 times during our interview. Everyone says he laughs at their nervousness, he never laughs at mine... I guess I'm not as funny?


congrats!!!!!!!

texas=central time=good for east-west theory :) I'm obsessing, I know. Good thing I have NOTHING to do all day.

User avatar
ndnlawdc
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ndnlawdc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Congrats to all -- and good luck with the decisions that lie ahead!

I got my TS2 last year on Tuesday at the Museum of American History in DC with my in-laws. It was better than a tranquilizer, in that all the stress of the application process evaporated.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], mm2368, notsolawful, Solidfood, TudoBem and 12 guests