Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lz06 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:07 pm

nixxers wrote:this may be the longest weekend of my life.... I feel like I'm counting down the minutes until Monday. And yet, I really don't want Monday unless it's Monday+JR2. :P


+12839812094

aussie3b
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby aussie3b » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:13 pm

Anyone had experience rescheduling a JR1? This is aweful timing but I will be traveling in Africa for this non-profit I'm working with for the next two weeks (starting Tuesday) and my JR1 email said I'm slated for my phone interview on Nov. 30th. I'm hoping I wont be labeled a pain in the a$$ by JR for needing to reschedule but any thoughts? I just emailed the admissions office requesting that my JR1 be postponed until Dec 7 when I get back or the long shot possibility that I can get it in before I leave.

nicdmx
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nicdmx » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:14 pm

nixxers wrote:this may be the longest weekend of my life.... I feel like I'm counting down the minutes until Monday. And yet, I really don't want Monday unless it's Monday+JR2. :P



side note, I really don't feel like doing work today, but... I should.... augh god noooo ksfbhabfasbdsu


all I want is mint chocolate iced coffee from wawa and my boyfriend left and took his key so I can't leave the apartment... ahhhh!!!! I'm going nuts!!!
>.>


When did you go under review? I'm in the same boat!

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nixxers » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:17 pm

nicdmx wrote:When did you go under review? I'm in the same boat!


Hehe so glad I'm not alone ^^;;;
I went "under review" on 10/29, got the complete email on 11/05 and the JR1 email on 11/06 (had the JR1 on 11/12).

nicdmx
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nicdmx » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:18 pm

nixxers wrote:
nicdmx wrote:When did you go under review? I'm in the same boat!


Hehe so glad I'm not alone ^^;;;
I went "under review" on 10/29, got the complete email on 11/05 and the JR1 email on 11/06 (had the JR1 on 11/12).


I went under review on 11/17. I have this dream that I'll hear about a JR1 before Thanksgiving, but I have a feeling that is asking a lot!

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nixxers » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:20 pm

nicdmx wrote:
I went under review on 11/17. I have this dream that I'll hear about a JR1 before Thanksgiving, but I have a feeling that is asking a lot!


well I have my fingers crossed for you!

zamd006
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby zamd006 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Nixxers you'll be fine, I'm fretting just like you but my hopes of hearing next week are lower because I just had the JR1 interview yesterday. Here's to hoping you hear the 24th and I can sneak an acceptance on the 25th.

rm21
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby rm21 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:38 pm

I agree about the stress -- it's ironic that, for me at least, the stress started only once everything was out of my hands . .

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:47 pm

172 2.7 AA male. Submitted yesterday. Will I get a JR1 or just a pity waitlist?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:49 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:172 2.7 AA male. Submitted yesterday. Will I get a JR1 or just a pity waitlist?

Hate to burst your bubble (though I don't think you will be shocked by this), but that GPA is just too low for Harvard I think.

mhopeful
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mhopeful » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:56 pm

So, for all of those who had interviews already, it is possible to hear on Monday? Or was it Tuesday? Ahh cant stand this wait!!!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:57 pm

mhopeful wrote:So, for all of those who had interviews already, it is possible to hear on Monday? Or was it Tuesday? Ahh cant stand this wait!!!

I think Tuesday is the more likely scenario (with another batch Wednesday), but I don't think anyone would be shocked if they started Monday. It was Tuesday last year.

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby T14 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:00 pm

mhopeful wrote:So, for all of those who had interviews already, it is possible to hear on Monday? Or was it Tuesday? Ahh cant stand this wait!!!



I posted this a few pages back, but maybe it will help:

2008-2009 11/25 (Tuesday before Thanksgiving)
2007-2008 11/21 (Wednesday before Thanksgiving)
2006-2007 11/20 (Monday before Thanksgiving)
2005-2006 11/25 (Friday after Thanksgiving)
2004-2005 11/23 (Tuesday before Thanksgiving)
2003-2004 11/20 (only one report... next ones aren't until 12/03)

User avatar
booby87
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby booby87 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:03 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:172 2.7 AA male. Submitted yesterday. Will I get a JR1 or just a pity waitlist?

Yeah I agree with Crackberry, looking over the past 3 years these are the lowest GPA acceptances I saw. Both are URM but they are right at/above 3. Looks like that might be the cutoff...but who knows you might be the new exception 8)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/indyguy7484/jd
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/lipid/jd

Reverethong
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Reverethong » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:06 pm

T14 wrote:
mhopeful wrote:So, for all of those who had interviews already, it is possible to hear on Monday? Or was it Tuesday? Ahh cant stand this wait!!!



I posted this a few pages back, but maybe it will help:

2008-2009 11/25 (Tuesday before Thanksgiving)
2007-2008 11/21 (Wednesday before Thanksgiving)
2006-2007 11/20 (Monday before Thanksgiving)
2005-2006 11/25 (Friday after Thanksgiving)
2004-2005 11/23 (Tuesday before Thanksgiving)
2003-2004 11/20 (only one report... next ones aren't until 12/03)




Do we have any idea if all of these included people who had their interviews the week before thanksgiving?

mhopeful
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mhopeful » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:13 pm

Also, if you had an interview before thanksgiving, and dont get an acceptance call this week does that mean you are definitely screwed? Will you go directly to a wait list or rejection, or do they just need more time to analyze your application?

mhopeful
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mhopeful » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:17 pm

Also does josh really call everyone himself to tell them of an acceptance? Do we know how many acceptances are normally given the week before thanksgiving?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:34 pm

mhopeful wrote:Also, if you had an interview before thanksgiving, and dont get an acceptance call this week does that mean you are definitely screwed? Will you go directly to a wait list or rejection, or do they just need more time to analyze your application?

It seems that you may get an acceptance later if you don't get one this week (and you had a JR1 pretty early in the cycle), but I think it would be a bad sign to not get one this week. Unless of course they've changed something around, which seems to be the million dollar question this year.

User avatar
Inches
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:07 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Inches » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:07 pm

aussie3b wrote:Anyone had experience rescheduling a JR1? This is aweful timing but I will be traveling in Africa for this non-profit I'm working with for the next two weeks (starting Tuesday) and my JR1 email said I'm slated for my phone interview on Nov. 30th. I'm hoping I wont be labeled a pain in the a$$ by JR for needing to reschedule but any thoughts? I just emailed the admissions office requesting that my JR1 be postponed until Dec 7 when I get back or the long shot possibility that I can get it in before I leave.


It's nothing to worry about it. I had to reschedule the time (I'm living overseas and my slot fell at 3-4am in my time zone) and the date (I was traveling in a conflict zone over the week of my assigned JR1), and submit a new phone number. I replied to his message and immediately received another auto-generated JR1 email with a new time and day.

If anything, JR will probably find your reason for having to delay the interview intriguing, and it will be good fodder for the conversation!

Good luck and safe travels.

T14Hopeful09
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby T14Hopeful09 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Do people get waitlisted w/out having a interview or do you have to interview to even make the waitlist?

emptybee
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby emptybee » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:15 pm

x
Last edited by emptybee on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
soullesswonder
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby soullesswonder » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:17 pm

emptybee wrote:I went back and looked at when Thanksgiving actually was. We're looking at an average of about 2 days before Thanksgiving, so this year D-Day should be Tuesday.


2008-2009 11/25 (Tuesday before Thanksgiving) two days before Thanksgiving (11/27)
2007-2008 11/21 (Wednesday before Thanksgiving) one day before Thanksgiving (11/22)
2006-2007 11/20 (Monday before Thanksgiving) three days before Thanksgiving (11/23)
2005-2006 11/25 (Friday after Thanksgiving) one day before Thanksgiving (11/24)
2004-2005 11/23 (Tuesday before Thanksgiving) two days before Thanksgiving (11/25)


Uh...might want to double check your work on 05-06 cycle

driveshaft
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby driveshaft » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:27 pm

T14Hopeful09 wrote:Do people get waitlisted w/out having a interview or do you have to interview to even make the waitlist?


I'm pretty sure you don't need a JR1 to make the waitlist, at least that was true in years past. You do need a JR1 to get off the waitlist though.

ali & ali
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ali & ali » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Does Harvard still send out JR1s and do interviews during Thanksgiving week, or is it just JR2s? I went complete 11/12 (and at both of H's 75th percentiles), and I'm jittery and nervous about hearing back. Even while living in one of the most unstable countries in the world, waiting for an email from Harvard is still one of the most exciting/nerve-wracking things ever!

driveshaft
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby driveshaft » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:34 pm

ali & ali wrote:Does Harvard still send out JR1s and do interviews during Thanksgiving week, or is it just JR2s? I went complete 11/12 (and at both of H's 75th percentiles), and I'm jittery and nervous about hearing back. Even while living in one of the most unstable countries in the world, waiting for an email from Harvard is still one of the most exciting/nerve-wracking things ever!


I don't remember hearing about JR1s during Thanksgiving week, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time for you with those stats.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK, cyclawps, malysh, sre08 and 9 guests