Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Nom Sawyer » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 pm

patrickchillis wrote:Submitted: 10/22
Under Review: 10/28
Complete Email: Somewhere around 11/4-11/6 (don't remember specifics)
JR 1 Email: today 11/20
JR 1: 11/30
Stats: PM (25th LSAT, FWIW)

i had literally given up, so people who have to wait awhile between complete and JR1, don't worry yourself too much


Seems like the next round of JR1's are for after the Thanksgiving Holiday! Hopefully means that some other phone calls can go out during the break :) .

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby owhlcn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:39 pm

SolarWind wrote:
Seems like the next round of JR1's are for after the Thanksgiving Holiday! Hopefully means that some other phone calls can go out during the break :) .


+ a lot, i'm getting prematurely arthritic from how hard my fingers are crossed

annabell
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby annabell » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:47 pm

Has anyone carefully read the complete email?

The time it takes to review an application and notify a candidate of the Committee's decision varies from case to case. It normally takes about two months from the date of submission to the committee for a decision to be made and notification sent. During that period, your application is under consideration in the Committee. We will notify you promptly once a decision is made. Those decision notifications will be made via email.\

And then later: We will not normally provide admission decisions by telephone.

Does this mean that admitted students will not be getting called as they have in the past?
Last edited by annabell on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:49 pm

annabell wrote:Has anyone carefully read the complete email?

The time it takes to review an application and notify a candidate of the Committee's decision varies from case to case. It normally takes about two months from the date of submission to the committee for a decision to be made and notification sent. During that period, your application is under consideration in the Committee. We will notify you promptly once a decision is made. Those decision notifications will be made via email.\

And then later: We will not normally provide admission decisions by telephone.

Does this mean that admitted students will not be getting called as they have in the past?

They "normally" don't accept people if you consider that the acceptance rate is what like 12 percent? So for "normal" applicants, this is true. I bet admits still get calls.

cciti65
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby cciti65 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Has anyone taken a look at the new process content on the HLS website? Specifically, the below:

"We will make every effort to get you a decision on your application as soon as possible. An applicant who is offered admission will be notified immediately; in other instances, applications are held for continued consideration with a decision to be made later in the season. In any case, the Admissions Office will make every effort to notify applicants of decisions by late April."

Does this contradict earlier indications that waitlists and rejections may go out next week (that is, within the 2 month time frame for those who applied in September). Maybe more good news for those with JR1s pre-Thanksgiving? Maybe JR isn't shaking things up that much after all...

Also, has anyone had any luck finding examples of those with JR1s who didn't get JR2s? As it gets closer to last year's admit dates, I've lost all ability to focus on anything else....

User avatar
booby87
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby booby87 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:33 pm

I just got my JR1 email as well!!!

sent 10/20
under review 10/28
complete email 11/5
JR1 email 11/20
JR1 11/30

I can't express how happy I am :D

zsqlywm
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:28 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby zsqlywm » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:38 pm

congratulations to everyone who just received their JR1's!

I just finished mine today... Josh sounded very nice on the phone.... and like everyone else he asked the few questions and I was talking 90% of the time, if not more... hahah...

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby amidea » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:45 pm

just to let everyone know, JR has officially (as far as i'm concerned) started giving out interviews to people with <3.6 GPAs. sadly i'm not referring to myself but i just wanted to spread some hope out there for splitters/people with normal, rather than exceptional, GPAs. of course this person also had an awesome LSAT score.

User avatar
Laina
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Laina » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:48 pm

booby87 wrote:I just got my JR1 email as well!!!

sent 10/20
under review 10/28
complete email 11/5
JR1 email 11/20
JR1 11/30

I can't express how happy I am :D


Congratulations, that's awesome!

thatguy101
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:42 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby thatguy101 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:23 pm

Hey guys,

I just had my JR1 today. Really short: <10 minutes. He asked about my current job, why law school, and why HLS. Two questions:

1.) Does anyone know examples of people getting JR1's pre-Thanks Giving and not getting in?
2.) Should I expect to hear back from JR next week?

Thanks!!

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby letsgojayhawks » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:25 pm

amidea wrote:just to let everyone know, JR has officially (as far as i'm concerned) started giving out interviews to people with <3.6 GPAs. sadly i'm not referring to myself but i just wanted to spread some hope out there for splitters/people with normal, rather than exceptional, GPAs. of course this person also had an awesome LSAT score.


this is giving me hope that i shouldn't have

User avatar
Allyn
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Allyn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Got my JR1 email today as well!

Submitted 10/24
Under review 11/4
Complete email 11/19

JR1 scheduled for 11/30

:D

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Emma. » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Allyn wrote:Got my JR1 email today as well!

Submitted 10/24
Under review 11/4
Complete email 11/19

JR1 scheduled for 11/30

:D


Congrats!!!

I can haz?

User avatar
bottomshelf
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:26 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby bottomshelf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:34 pm

thatguy101 wrote:2.) Should I expect to hear back from JR next week?


That's the million dollar question, isn't it? :wink:

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby puppleberry finn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:34 pm

emrose wrote:

I can haz?

I thought you already got your JR1 email

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Emma. » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:36 pm

puppins wrote:
emrose wrote:

I can haz?

I thought you already got your JR1 email


:cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:45 pm

cciti65 wrote:Has anyone taken a look at the new process content on the HLS website? Specifically, the below:

"We will make every effort to get you a decision on your application as soon as possible. An applicant who is offered admission will be notified immediately; in other instances, applications are held for continued consideration with a decision to be made later in the season. In any case, the Admissions Office will make every effort to notify applicants of decisions by late April."

Does this contradict earlier indications that waitlists and rejections may go out next week (that is, within the 2 month time frame for those who applied in September). Maybe more good news for those with JR1s pre-Thanksgiving? Maybe JR isn't shaking things up that much after all...

Also, has anyone had any luck finding examples of those with JR1s who didn't get JR2s? As it gets closer to last year's admit dates, I've lost all ability to focus on anything else....


thats kinda just website talk - they say that every yr lol, the whole 2 months thing is based off of what some HLS adcomms have said directly in some info sessions (+some TLS speculation)

zamd006
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby zamd006 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Had my JR1 today...went well I thought.

Let's keep those fingers crossed for those of us who got JR1's this week to get our decisions next week.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby puppleberry finn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:51 pm

emrose wrote:
puppins wrote:
emrose wrote:

I can haz?

I thought you already got your JR1 email


:cry: :cry: :cry:

I get you and Solar Wind confused because of the 'tars. Not that I don't know which of you is which, but that I forget which of you said what.

ylc
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ylc » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:10 pm

I just tried the admitted students site... no luck :P :mrgreen: :oops:

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby T14 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:12 pm

ylc wrote:I just tried the admitted students site... no luck :P :mrgreen: :oops:


:lol: I have been trying this every day

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Submitted HLS today about a month after submitting the rest of my apps. Here's to hoping.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby puppleberry finn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:18 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Submitted HLS today about a month after submitting the rest of my apps. Here's to hoping.

any particular reason for the wait?

User avatar
musketeerlady
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby musketeerlady » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:18 pm

amidea wrote:just to let everyone know, JR has officially (as far as i'm concerned) started giving out interviews to people with <3.6 GPAs. sadly i'm not referring to myself but i just wanted to spread some hope out there for splitters/people with normal, rather than exceptional, GPAs. of course this person also had an awesome LSAT score.


Is this person on TLS/LSN?

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Emma. » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:22 pm

puppins wrote:I get you and Solar Wind confused because of the 'tars. Not that I don't know which of you is which, but that I forget which of you said what.

:roll:


:wink:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, Bing [Bot], hellohalo, Houzy, lawnerd87, lg77, playersball, smashbash and 16 guests