Harvard 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Re: Harvard 2010!

Post by bloodonthetracks » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:19 pm

waitlisted just now. held in april, no JR1. this is gonna be a long, futile summer of waiting.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:20 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
Illijah wrote:My gf just got her waitlist email.......waitlists are still coming in.
I wonder if they're still in the office or if this is an automated system that can't handle pushing too many e-mails at once.
why would this automated system only operate during normal business hours?
Good point, although they were getting sent until about 7 last night...maybe it's semi-automated and requires only the oversight of one or two people?

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:25 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
Illijah wrote:My gf just got her waitlist email.......waitlists are still coming in.
I wonder if they're still in the office or if this is an automated system that can't handle pushing too many e-mails at once.
why would this automated system only operate during normal business hours?
Good point, although they were getting sent until about 7 last night...maybe it's semi-automated and requires only the oversight of one or two people?
there's a point at which speculation becomes ridiculous and we are certainly past it now.

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Who is still standing?

Sakura3210

Bronze

Post by Sakura3210 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Waitlist! URM, no JR1, held in feb.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:28 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote: there's a point at which speculation becomes ridiculous and we are certainly past it now.
Very fair point. Back to some (slightly) more reasonable speculation, in response to Core:
I'm not arguing that there is a whole slew of acceptances remaining, but I think that there may be some outright acceptance here or there. The above JR1s might be people who they're heavily considering accepting, or they might have a cache of on-deck applicants to fill slots for pre-deadline withdrawals.

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Illijah wrote:Who is still standing?
That'd be me. No hold, no JR1, no waitlist.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Moi aussi. Held in Jan, JR1 last week.

MeredithGrey

New

Post by MeredithGrey » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Those of you waitliststed... Has your status checker changed?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

T14forME

New

Post by T14forME » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Illijah wrote:Yea....I don't know how many AA males are still left standing?

Probably could count them on 2 hands...
right here with ya illijah!

Saya

Bronze

Post by Saya » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:33 pm

WLed. Held in Jan. No JR1. Email at 11:11am PST. Status checker updated with today's date and "Waitlist Offered." Kind of relieved that it's not a rejection.

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Last edited by of Benito Cereno on Mon May 17, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

moxypoxy

New

Post by moxypoxy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:34 pm

just got waitlist email, first i've heard from them since jan.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MeredithGrey

New

Post by MeredithGrey » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:35 pm

If you pay your seat deposit at another school, can you still ethically stay on other waitlists? Is this allowed? Then I guess you just lose your money if you end up getting in at your dream school?

(Sorry re-posting since my post seem to get lost in the mass of posts just coming in :) )

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:35 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
you will be admitted eventually. hls can't be that cruel.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:37 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
you will be admitted eventually. hls can't be that cruel.
Agreed. I would bet that's an acceptance.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:38 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote: there's a point at which speculation becomes ridiculous and we are certainly past it now.
Very fair point. Back to some (slightly) more reasonable speculation, in response to Core:
I'm not arguing that there is a whole slew of acceptances remaining, but I think that there may be some outright acceptance here or there. The above JR1s might be people who they're heavily considering accepting, or they might have a cache of on-deck applicants to fill slots for pre-deadline withdrawals.
I agree. The only issue is that I know at least a few people got JR2s this past week and some of them had JR1s this week or the week before.
Out of curiousity, what other schools are you considering?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Okay theres a fair number of us remaining. And T14 hopeful helping me hold it down for the AA males :)

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Waitlist e-mail at 212 pm est. Held march 1st, sent 2 loci's, and 1 LOR. I'll stay on it - nothing to lose, and send another loci after graduation and another LOR.
Going back to swimming now.

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Unitas wrote:Waitlist e-mail at 212 pm est. Held march 1st, sent 2 loci's, and 1 LOR. I'll stay on it - nothing to lose, and send another loci after graduation and another LOR.
Going back to swimming now.
sorry, Unitas. :( Welcome to the waitlist club.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Core wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
I agree. The only issue is that I know at least a few people got JR2s this past week and some of them had JR1s this week or the week before.
Stanford, if they let me in off the WL (although they claim not to consider Feb. scores the same cycle). I had a great retake that came in February, and I have some decent options for a year off, so if H or S don't pan out this cycle I would be inclined to reapply. Right now, my hopes are completely with HLS (and they're my first choice, so I would definitely go there regardless of whether SLS offers me a spot).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CoaltoNewCastle

Bronze

Post by CoaltoNewCastle » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Illijah wrote:yup....unlike ORM when a URM withdraws they are compelled to fill that spot from a short list (relatively speaking) of qualified URM's...

But i have not been wait listed and I feel that my package was strong so I am optimistic!
I wonder if they have a quota for people with Tourette Syndrome. Waitlisted this morning, blehhhhh. I'll still take them over Northwestern if they let me in. There go my chances of a deferred Harvard admission though. :(

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:54 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
Core wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
Stanford, if they let me in off the WL (although they claim not to consider Feb. scores the same cycle). I had a great retake that came in February, and I have some decent options for a year off, so if H or S don't pan out this cycle I would be inclined to reapply. Right now, my hopes are completely with HLS (and they're my first choice, so I would definitely go there regardless of whether SLS offers me a spot).
Gotcha. Would you reapply this fall or the following fall - just wondering? Would they really view you more favorably if you reapplied this fall and had maybe 3 months work experience by that point? Oh man, I'm afraid to check my mailbox lol.

Lmao Zedong

Bronze

Post by Lmao Zedong » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:56 pm

wow, looks like i missed quite a party. probably a good thing i didn't know this was going on, or else it would've made checking my email the past couple days a lot scarier. anyway, still standing, for now. wonder how much more WL action is still on the way.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:57 pm

Core wrote: Gotcha. Would you reapply this fall or the following fall - just wondering? Would they really view you more favorably if you reapplied this fall and had maybe 3 months work experience by that point? Oh man, I'm afraid to check my mailbox lol.
This fall most likely. I know that the 3 months more WE wouldn't help much, but it would be WE that I would continue throughout the year. Also, I think that having a near-perfect LSAT with my app in September as opposed to February would make a difference. I'm trying not to think too much about that now though- as much of a pessimist as I can be, I think I have reason to be optimistic with my recent JR1 (even though one of my answers probably sounded dumb in hindsight).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”