Harvard 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Emma.

Gold

Re: Harvard 2010!

Post by Emma. » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Nom Sawyer wrote:
Fancy Pants wrote:
Nom Sawyer wrote:you going with the Darrow Emrose?
He's going to take his big monies at Chicago.
Big Monies?!? :shock: Nice! How much big monies did emrose get from them... the 75K one or more?
Haha. Still not sure where I'm goin'. Going to Chicago tomorrow to visit though. They offered 90k, but that Darrow is damn hard to turn down.

Fancy Pants

Bronze

Post by Fancy Pants » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:46 pm

emrose wrote:
Nom Sawyer wrote:
Fancy Pants wrote:
Nom Sawyer wrote:you going with the Darrow Emrose?
Big Monies?!? :shock: Nice! How much big monies did emrose get from them... the 75K one or more?
Haha. Still not sure where I'm goin'. Going to Chicago tomorrow to visit though. They offered 90k, but that Darrow is damn hard to turn down.
I already sent your deposit in pal. You're going to Chicago.

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Still alive.

At this point, I'm just hoping that they don't outright ding any of the Held applicants.

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Pee N wrote:
What is it? Something to the tune of 40% of the HLS class of 2010 doesn't have any jobs lined up? And less than 10% are differed at big laws?!?!? Crazy, I say!
What makes you think this? This can't be right. It's probably something like 10% without jobs at most, although I'm just speculating.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Fancy Pants wrote:
emrose wrote:
Nom Sawyer wrote:
Fancy Pants wrote:
I already sent your deposit in pal. You're going to Chicago.
lol yeah you got a lot more than I did... off to Chi-town for you Emrose

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:53 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
Pee N wrote:
What is it? Something to the tune of 40% of the HLS class of 2010 doesn't have any jobs lined up? And less than 10% are differed at big laws?!?!? Crazy, I say!
What makes you think this? This can't be right. It's probably something like 10% without jobs at most, although I'm just speculating.
Yay Duke's 100% employment record makes me feel better about my (lack of) choice.

gmichaelbluth

Bronze

Post by gmichaelbluth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
wishfulnyc wrote:anyone held and still waiting?
*raises hand*
+1

lt0826

Bronze

Post by lt0826 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:13 pm

chi16 wrote:I'm starting to think I should just withdraw my application and end the agony. I've been UR since 2/24 and have had no JR1.

Please tell me there is at least one other person in my boat??
Exact same boat, same UR date - way below both medians for me. I'd like to remain optimistic, but I guess my softs/backstory and my huge uptrend in grades from college part one to college part two really don't matter much given the rest of my cycle. I am resigning myself to a rejection - will be thrilled if I somehow get a JR1. I hope it bodes better for you.

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:44 pm

lt0826 wrote:Exact same boat, same UR date - way below both medians for me. I'd like to remain optimistic, but I guess my softs/backstory and my huge uptrend in grades from college part one to college part two really don't matter much given the rest of my cycle. I am resigning myself to a rejection - will be thrilled if I somehow get a JR1. I hope it bodes better for you.
To be fair, if your profile stats are accurate, I don't think one point counts as "way below" median on the LSAT. Although I'm with y'all in having very little hope.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ShiftyOne

New

Post by ShiftyOne » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:02 pm

clintonius wrote:
lt0826 wrote:Exact same boat, same UR date - way below both medians for me. I'd like to remain optimistic, but I guess my softs/backstory and my huge uptrend in grades from college part one to college part two really don't matter much given the rest of my cycle. I am resigning myself to a rejection - will be thrilled if I somehow get a JR1. I hope it bodes better for you.
To be fair, if your profile stats are accurate, I don't think one point counts as "way below" median on the LSAT. Although I'm with y'all in having very little hope.
Same situation here, complete after the February lsat, no hold, no waitlist, no JR1

lt0826

Bronze

Post by lt0826 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:17 pm

clintonius wrote:
Thanks. This cycle is giving me an inferiority complex.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:25 pm

so far it seems most still standing have somewhat reasonable shots. ugh false hope springs eternal but I imagine I'll be without feathers soon enough.
i don't know. not to be a negative nancy, but it seems like most of us left are likely WLs in terms of our numbers

how many JR1-holds are still waiting?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:58 pm

lt0826 wrote: Thanks. This cycle is giving me an inferiority complex.
Ain't that the truth. I haven't had to ask myself seriously "am I good enough for ..." for 15 years.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ToriM

New

Post by ToriM » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:
lt0826 wrote: Thanks. This cycle is giving me an inferiority complex.
Ain't that the truth. I haven't had to ask myself seriously "am I good enough for ..." for 15 years.
+1

Can I just say that it also doesn't help when you have to deal with the distorted realities of the uninitiated? I was asked by a classmate the other day if I had "gotten into Harvard yet" (ha!), as if I can just snap my fingers and make it happen. When I explained that I don't really have the LSAT score to consider myself an auto-admit he was like, "Oh, were you sick that day or something? Anyway, I'm sure you'll get in any day now."

Um, no. :roll:

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:12 pm

I am the opposite. Someone asked me over the weekend if I was going to Widener or Temple or Villanova. It was awkward explaining that I wasn't even applying to those fine local schools. No one guessed that I am trying for HYS. No one understands why I would turn down $$ at a T10 for HYS. At the end of the day I was wondering if I am good enough for HYS :( it made me sort of sad. I could have had the chance for HYP or MIT for UG and life played a little game with me, and now I am not prestigious enough as a result, and would I have a real chance at the elite? It is sobering to go through these sort of self-assessments. I thought, when I was applying to Yale, that if I believed in myself, I would be able to do anything. Reality once again has to rear its ugly head! :x Maybe I should not graduate and apply to transfer to an Ivy UG as a non-trad to rub off some prestige???

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:17 pm

r6_philly wrote:I am the opposite. Someone asked me over the weekend if I was going to Widener or Temple or Villanova. It was awkward explaining that I wasn't even applying to those fine local schools. No one guessed that I am trying for HYS. No one understands why I would turn down $$ at a T10 for HYS. At the end of the day I was wondering if I am good enough for HYS :( it made me sort of sad. I could have had the chance for HYP or MIT for UG and life played a little game with me, and now I am not prestigious enough as a result, and would I have a real chance at the elite? It is sobering to go through these sort of self-assessments. I thought, when I was applying to Yale, that if I believed in myself, I would be able to do anything. Reality once again has to rear its ugly head! :x Maybe I should not graduate and apply to transfer to an Ivy UG as a non-trad to rub off some prestige???
r6, you're awesome :)
ToriM wrote:+1

Can I just say that it also doesn't help when you have to deal with the distorted realities of the uninitiated? I was asked by a classmate the other day if I had "gotten into Harvard yet" (ha!), as if I can just snap my fingers and make it happen. When I explained that I don't really have the LSAT score to consider myself an auto-admit he was like, "Oh, were you sick that day or something? Anyway, I'm sure you'll get in any day now."

Sorry, Tori but I just wanted to ask...are you a URM? Just asking because you have Naomi Campbell in your avatar, lol...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:23 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote: r6, you're awesome :)
That's why we need to be classmates! :)

Only if they gave admission interviews ... 8)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ToriM

New

Post by ToriM » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:27 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I am the opposite. Someone asked me over the weekend if I was going to Widener or Temple or Villanova. It was awkward explaining that I wasn't even applying to those fine local schools. No one guessed that I am trying for HYS. No one understands why I would turn down $$ at a T10 for HYS. At the end of the day I was wondering if I am good enough for HYS :( it made me sort of sad. I could have had the chance for HYP or MIT for UG and life played a little game with me, and now I am not prestigious enough as a result, and would I have a real chance at the elite? It is sobering to go through these sort of self-assessments. I thought, when I was applying to Yale, that if I believed in myself, I would be able to do anything. Reality once again has to rear its ugly head! :x Maybe I should not graduate and apply to transfer to an Ivy UG as a non-trad to rub off some prestige???
r6, you're awesome :)
ToriM wrote:+1

Sorry, Tori but I just wanted to ask...are you a URM? Just asking because you have Naomi Campbell in your avatar, lol...
Haha, I had a feeling that would throw people off! No, white female, actually. I'm just a fan, and it makes me happy to see her when I log on. :lol: Also, people always tell my girlfriend that she looks like her, so I figured since I can't put up her pic (thus, further confusing people)...

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:38 pm

ToriM wrote:Haha, I had a feeling that would throw people off! No, white female, actually. I'm just a fan, and it makes me happy to see her when I log on. :lol: Also, people always tell my girlfriend that she looks like her, so I figured since I can't put up her pic (thus, further confusing people)...
Interracial lesbianism??.......I like it.

And r6, I said it before and I'll say it again. I would love to be classmates with you. We''ll go out, get drinks and get me drunk for the second time, right? :wink:

<3

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

ToriM wrote:Haha, I had a feeling that would throw people off! No, white female, actually. I'm just a fan, and it makes me happy to see her when I log on. :lol: Also, people always tell my girlfriend that she looks like her, so I figured since I can't put up her pic (thus, further confusing people)...

And r6, I said it before and I'll say it again. I would love to be classmates with you. We''ll go out, get drinks and get me drunk for the second time, right? :wink:

<3
That's right! ASW. Soon. You will not be walking home. :mrgreen:

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:51 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:i don't know. not to be a negative nancy, but it seems like most of us left are likely WLs in terms of our numbers.
Actually, I think that's pretty optimistic. We know they've got to switch over to rejections at some point.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:57 pm

soonergirl wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:i don't know. not to be a negative nancy, but it seems like most of us left are likely WLs in terms of our numbers.
Actually, I think that's pretty optimistic. We know they've got to switch over to rejections at some point.
Party pooper! :P

I agree though. I am afriad the shower of rejections is yet to be upon us.

amolson04

New

Post by amolson04 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:03 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
how many JR1-holds are still waiting?
me ... inexplicably.

ToriM

New

Post by ToriM » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:07 pm

<3
lol, yeah, we're cool like that. 8) She's already at HLS. So sad that it's becoming increasingly apparent that I won't be joining her there. Oh well, had to try.

Congrats on your cycle, btw! I take it you're dead set on HLS?

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:10 pm

ToriM wrote:

<3
lol, yeah, we're cool like that. 8) She's already at HLS. So sad that it's becoming increasingly apparent that I won't be joining her there. Oh well, had to try.

Congrats on your cycle, btw! I take it you're dead set on HLS?
I was hoping to apply this year, but I didn't get my target score till my Feb retake. I'll be shooting for Class of 2014.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”