Harvard 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bluedolphins

New

Re: Harvard 2010!

Post by bluedolphins » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:09 pm

psychomohel wrote:
The numbers I posted in my profile are equivalent under an isomorphism to my real numbers.
lol. Are you a math major?

Lysis

Bronze

Post by Lysis » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:21 pm

I had my JR call recently. The interview went super-fast and there were definitely no curveballs. I don't think I said anything disastrous, but I don't have a good feeling about it either. Oh well...

Also, based on the above discussion, I decided I might as well update my profile info. So it is all 100% shared and legit now.

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Lysis wrote:I had my JR call recently. The interview went super-fast and there were definitely no curveballs. I don't think I said anything disastrous, but I don't have a good feeling about it either. Oh well...

Also, based on the above discussion, I decided I might as well update my profile info. So it is all 100% shared and legit now.
With those numbers you probably didn't need the strongest interview you have ever given. :wink:

I'm sure as long as you didn't really screw it up you'll be fine!

Congrats and good luck!

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lysis

Bronze

Post by Lysis » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Thanks guys! You both look to be in pretty good shape too. :)

I'm trying not to stress about it. Overall, the whole call seemed pretty perfunctory. I'm starting to think my roommate hit the nail on the head when she said they "probably just want to make sure you can string a few sentences together".

jrs12

New

Post by jrs12 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:10 pm

I don't think they even care about your ability to string a few sentences together. I think the point is to have you obsessing over Harvard for weeks on end.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:12 pm

jrs12 wrote:I don't think they even care about your ability to string a few sentences together. I think the point is to have you obsessing over Harvard for weeks on end.
seriously, is it NOT thanksgiving yet?!

sfdreaming09

Bronze

Post by sfdreaming09 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:13 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
jrs12 wrote:I don't think they even care about your ability to string a few sentences together. I think the point is to have you obsessing over Harvard for weeks on end.
seriously, is it NOT thanksgiving yet?!
+1. This is brutal.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

danpdunc

New

Post by danpdunc » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:40 pm

I saw someone post this question earlier in the thread, but don't see an answer anywhere so I will attempt to reask it. Does Harvard do phone interviews for those that are located internationally?

catwoman

New

Post by catwoman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:45 pm

danpdunc wrote:I saw someone post this question earlier in the thread, but don't see an answer anywhere so I will attempt to reask it. Does Harvard do phone interviews for those that are located internationally?
I know for a fact that they do...

Saya

Bronze

Post by Saya » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:53 pm

catwoman wrote:
danpdunc wrote:I saw someone post this question earlier in the thread, but don't see an answer anywhere so I will attempt to reask it. Does Harvard do phone interviews for those that are located internationally?
I know for a fact that they do...
Nooo, lost another reason to delude myself. D: Looks like that JR1 really isn't coming. This is painful. I almost wish they would just reject me now to end my misery. Almost.

Berryblubear

New

Post by Berryblubear » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:21 pm

lz06 wrote:I did. And I can't believe I just wasted $97. sad
I know right? What is the specific break-down of the fee for them. I'm curious.

$1 processing fee
$10 review fee
$85 Harvard Trust Fund fee

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Berryblubear wrote:
lz06 wrote:I did. And I can't believe I just wasted $97. sad
I know right? What is the specific break-down of the fee for them. I'm curious.

$1 processing fee
$10 review fee
$85 Harvard Trust Fund fee
isnt $12 LSAC's???

Eigenvalue A

New

Post by Eigenvalue A » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:50 pm

Seeing all of your fantastic numbers makes me want to throw up a little. But whatever, good job everyone...! And here's to hoping my app doesn't end up as adcom scratch paper..

emptybee

New

Post by emptybee » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:49 pm

I've searched and there is no satisfactory answer elsewhere in the forum. Does anyone know how the calls fit into the process itself? I.e. are you approved by a smaller number of people, JR1, decided upon by the whole committee, then maybe JR2? I'm just trying to get a handle on how/where the JR1 impacts the decision making process.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

exeunt

New

Post by exeunt » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:19 pm

i know committee review comes after the JR1 (according to JR), but not sure how a JR1 is awarded in the first place..

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lmao Zedong

Bronze

Post by Lmao Zedong » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:40 pm

exeunt wrote:i know committee review comes after the JR1 (according to JR), but not sure how a JR1 is awarded in the first place..
really? so wouldn't that mean something like 7/8 candidates never make it to committee review?

emptybee

New

Post by emptybee » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:06 pm

GargamelITT wrote:really? so wouldn't that mean something like 7/8 candidates never make it to committee review?
That's why I'm saying I think that each app is reviewed by small vetting sub-committees, who decide whether or not to give JR1's, and then once you get the JR1, you're voted on by the whole committee. That may be why JR2's come in two week batches or so, the whole committee meets every two weeks or so to make the final decision on JR1's. So the reason a JR1 might not lead to a JR2 is (a) you bombed the JR1 or (2) there's someone/some people in the second committee that dislike your app, despite the first sub-committee liking it.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:29 pm

emptybee wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:really? so wouldn't that mean something like 7/8 candidates never make it to committee review?
That's why I'm saying I think that each app is reviewed by small vetting sub-committees, who decide whether or not to give JR1's, and then once you get the JR1, you're voted on by the whole committee. That may be why JR2's come in two week batches or so, the whole committee meets every two weeks or so to make the final decision on JR1's. So the reason a JR1 might not lead to a JR2 is (a) you bombed the JR1 or (2) there's someone/some people in the second committee that dislike your app, despite the first sub-committee liking it.
this totally sounds reasonable. I know JR1 said that committee would now view my app, but i mean, it had to have been viewed by SOMEONE pre-JR1, so a pattern akin to this seems quite possible. I know TS in the past used to 'say' that he found x app interesting, pulled it out, and decided it warranted a TS1, but that is somewhat of a rumor and a TS thing anyways.

picaresco

New

Post by picaresco » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:14 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
emptybee wrote:
this totally sounds reasonable. I know JR1 said that committee would now view my app, but i mean, it had to have been viewed by SOMEONE pre-JR1, so a pattern akin to this seems quite possible. I know TS in the past used to 'say' that he found x app interesting, pulled it out, and decided it warranted a TS1, but that is somewhat of a rumor and a TS thing anyways.
I think the pre-screen committee is either the same committee that does general review or a small subset that still sits on the general committee. When I talked to him, he said: "From here, your file goes back to committee," which implies that it's been to committee. I could be misremembering, though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:32 pm

picaresco wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
emptybee wrote:
I think the pre-screen committee is either the same committee that does general review or a small subset that still sits on the general committee. When I talked to him, he said: "From here, your file goes back to committee," which implies that it's been to committee. I could be misremembering, though.
let me reiterate...dammit! why didnt i record our phone interview!!! haha jk :P

letsgojayhawks

Bronze

Post by letsgojayhawks » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:37 pm

I've read through the postings here a couple times, but I can't seem to figure out any pattern to the JR1s. There's no "every Monday" or "every other week" pattern that I can detect. It's pretty obvious that they're taking all the high GPAs first, but thats all I've gotten. Anyone else with similar/different conclusions?

emptybee

New

Post by emptybee » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:59 pm

letsgojayhawks wrote:I've read through the postings here a couple times, but I can't seem to figure out any pattern to the JR1s. There's no "every Monday" or "every other week" pattern that I can detect. It's pretty obvious that they're taking all the high GPAs first, but thats all I've gotten. Anyone else with similar/different conclusions?
Are you talking about patterns of JR1's going out?

letsgojayhawks

Bronze

Post by letsgojayhawks » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:07 pm

emptybee wrote:
letsgojayhawks wrote:I've read through the postings here a couple times, but I can't seem to figure out any pattern to the JR1s. There's no "every Monday" or "every other week" pattern that I can detect. It's pretty obvious that they're taking all the high GPAs first, but thats all I've gotten. Anyone else with similar/different conclusions?
Are you talking about patterns of JR1's going out?
Yes. I'm talking about the emails inviting applicants for a JR1.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”