Harvard 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MeredithGrey

New

Re: Harvard 2010!

Post by MeredithGrey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I knew I shouldn't have poked the bear:

Rejected. It stings, completely rejected out of HYS. Stupid drop in my GPA did me in :? :? :?
Dear Jer,

so sorry about the rejection. Do you mind sharing when you went complete/under review.

My decision should be coming any day too...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:55 pm

MeredithGrey wrote:

Rejected. It stings, completely rejected out of HYS. Stupid drop in my GPA did me in :? :? :?
Dear Jer,

so sorry about the rejection. Do you mind sharing when you went complete/under review.

Nov 17th ish. Good luck! No telling what is going on in their admission process.

MeredithGrey

New

Post by MeredithGrey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
MeredithGrey wrote:

Dear Jer,

Nov 17th ish. Good luck! No telling what is going on in their admission process.
I went complete in March. I have sub 25th percentile LSAT, and very high 75th percentile GPA. I am still waiting. It looks like only waitlists and rejections recently.. not looking promising. I am a combined degree applicant, and heard from one program, but still waiting on HLS and praying daily :).

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:17 pm

MeredithGrey wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
MeredithGrey wrote:

Dear Jer,

I went complete in March. I have sub 25th percentile LSAT, and very high 75th percentile GPA. I am still waiting. It looks like only waitlists and rejections recently.. not looking promising. I am a combined degree applicant, and heard from one program, but still waiting on HLS and praying daily :).
Hardly the worst idea. After dragging my feet for far too many months, I bit the bullet and went to confession last night. Figure it can't hurt to be right with the man upstairs when JR's contemplating WL decisions.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:02 pm

Was struck by the rejection axe earlier today. Never thought a rejection could cause so little pain.

Harvard is a wonderful school, though. Congrats to all who were accepted, and good luck to all who are matriculating.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:48 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:Was struck by the rejection axe earlier today. Never thought a rejection could cause so little pain.

Harvard is a wonderful school, though. Congrats to all who were accepted, and good luck to all who are matriculating.
IIRC you are going to Stanford right? Congrats on that. :) Turning down Yale must have been fun for you.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Unitas wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:Was struck by the rejection axe earlier today. Never thought a rejection could cause so little pain.

IIRC you are going to Stanford right? Congrats on that. :) Turning down Yale must have been fun for you.
Yup, I'm excited to betray my alma mater. Turning down NHCC was incredibly difficult, though.

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:52 pm

I would say "sorry, BioE," but it doesn't sound like you need my sympathies :P

Funny how these admissions games work--glad we're gonna end up where we want to be. :)

js53

New

Post by js53 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:39 pm

My application went complete in early January and I have not heard anything yet. I haven't been held or waitlisted; is this a good situation or should I be expecting a rejection any day now? I do not have traditional Harvard gpa/lsat numbers, but I am a CPA, MBA, and have three years work experience with a Fortune 500 company. Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lastMinuteGuy

New

Post by lastMinuteGuy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Rejected yesterday. 25th LSAT/75th GPA with some interesting work and graduate school experience, so makes me wish I could have gotten my apps in before late Jan.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:23 pm

lastMinuteGuy wrote:Rejected yesterday. 25th LSAT/75th GPA with some interesting work and graduate school experience, so makes me wish I could have gotten my apps in before late Jan.
sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll end up somewhere great!

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:49 pm

lastMinuteGuy wrote:Rejected yesterday. 25th LSAT/75th GPA with some interesting work and graduate school experience, so makes me wish I could have gotten my apps in before late Jan.
Sorry. What other schools are you looking at?

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Core wrote:
core, you changed your 'tar! I always imagined you as a girl holding what looked like a bazooka, even though I know you are male...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:54 am

adameus wrote:
Core wrote:
core, you changed your 'tar! I always imagined you as a girl holding what looked like a bazooka, even though I know you are male...
Core is a guy??? Mind blown... I thought he was girl interested in photography..

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:07 am

Nom Sawyer wrote:
adameus wrote:
Core wrote:
Core is a guy??? Mind blown... I thought he was girl interested in photography..
haha yeah, I remember now it wasn't a bazooka but a camera with a bazooka like lense.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:06 am

haha yeah, I remember now it wasn't a bazooka but a camera with a bazooka like lense.
Ahaha, yes I am a guy. I play around with my tar from time to time. Decided to pick a more sinister character.

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:42 am

Core I thought you were a girl too. And I thought that the new 'tar was a self-tar.

Signed,
out of touch.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:43 am

Core wrote:
Ahaha, yes I am a guy. I play around with my tar from time to time. Decided to pick a more sinister character.
Who is in your tar now?? It looks like the girl from Royal Pains to me, who is not very sinister so I'm guessing I have it wrong...

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 am

neimanmarxist wrote:Core I thought you were a girl too. And I thought that the new 'tar was a self-tar.

Signed,
out of touch.
Lol! If I'm wrong in assuming your tar is a self-tar, we're both out of touch.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 am

Unitas wrote:
Core wrote:
Who is in your tar now?? It looks like the girl from Royal Pains to me, who is not very sinister so I'm guessing I have it wrong...
Tory Foster from Battlestar Galactica.

lastMinuteGuy

New

Post by lastMinuteGuy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Core wrote:
Half tuition at Penn or sticker at NYU, plus CLS and SLS waitlists. I have some significant personal reasons for wanting to stay in the Boston area though, so not ruling out the idea of retaking and reapplying early next cycle. Not sure that it would do much good though, since I already have 2 scores.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:17 pm

lastMinuteGuy wrote:
Core wrote:
Half tuition at Penn or sticker at NYU, plus CLS and SLS waitlists. I have some significant personal reasons for wanting to stay in the Boston area though, so not ruling out the idea of retaking and reapplying early next cycle. Not sure that it would do much good though, since I already have 2 scores.
That might work.. my friend had 2 scores around the 170 area, really wanted HLS, and rocked his 3rd LSAT. He was then accepted in the first round of Thanksgiving acceptances.

Fancy Pants

Bronze

Post by Fancy Pants » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Core wrote:Lol! If I'm wrong in assuming your tar is a self-tar, we're both out of touch.
Neiman's tar is actually a picture of me. Pretty hot, right?

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Fancy Pants wrote:
Core wrote:Lol! If I'm wrong in assuming your tar is a self-tar, we're both out of touch.
Neiman's tar is actually a picture of me. Pretty hot, right?
You guys have a really weird relationship.

MeredithGrey

New

Post by MeredithGrey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:09 am

js53 wrote:My application went complete in early January and I have not heard anything yet. I haven't been held or waitlisted; is this a good situation or should I be expecting a rejection any day now? I do not have traditional Harvard gpa/lsat numbers, but I am a CPA, MBA, and have three years work experience with a Fortune 500 company. Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.
I went complete in March, also have unique work experience, but have sub 25 lsat numbers. Given that only rejections have been handed out lately, I am worried.. But no sense in worrying now. We'll just have to wait .. And it'll most probably be this upcoming week that we'll hear. I don't expect any decisions to be pending still in May. Good luck to all those left standing. We're going to need it :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”