Harvard 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Core

Silver

Re: Harvard 2010!

Post by Core » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:They may be looking more holistically, but I agree that they don't seem to be looking down on retakes. I only took the LSAT once and I haven't heard anything yet. :( I really, really hope I get in. I'm even still scheduled to retake the LSAT in June to try for a 180 if I'm waitlisted, but I really hope it doesn't come to that.
No! HLS is not being more holistic in admissions because they haven't taken me - duh! Or, better yet, maybe I'm being YPed.
And everything Peter North says is factual and logical. No idea why you guys are so rude to him...

MichelledeMontaigne

New

Post by MichelledeMontaigne » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:37 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:They may be looking more holistically, but I agree that they don't seem to be looking down on retakes. I only took the LSAT once and I haven't heard anything yet. :( I really, really hope I get in. I'm even still scheduled to retake the LSAT in June to try for a 180 if I'm waitlisted, but I really hope it doesn't come to that.
Rooting for you man. I hope you get in and you end up in my section.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:05 am

MichelledeMontaigne wrote:
Rooting for you, too - even though we're sorta competition. You definitely deserve a seat.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:16 am

Core wrote:
Rooting for you, too - even though we're sorta competition. You definitely deserve a seat.
I think MdM is already in? I might be wrong though. If she is in, root for me instead : D

(I basically retook the LSAT for HLS because SLS wouldn't look at my score unless I reapplied next cycle).
Last edited by invisiblesun on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Proximity

New

Post by Proximity » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:20 am

Just got my email today. A hold.

Submitted 12/15, complete 1/28
178 (retake)/3.53

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MichelledeMontaigne

New

Post by MichelledeMontaigne » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:08 am

invisiblesun wrote:
Core wrote:
I think MdM is already in? I might be wrong though. If she is in, root for me instead : D

(I basically retook the LSAT for HLS because SLS wouldn't look at my score unless I reapplied next cycle).
Yeah I think he was seconding my rooting for coalto. I'm a guy btw. And I am also rooting for you Invisiblesun. Basically for me, if you have love for harvard beyond the name and see the good things it has to offer I want you to get in and be in my class. You retook the LSAT for H, then I truly hope you get in.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:25 am

MichelledeMontaigne wrote: Yeah I think he was seconding my rooting for coalto. I'm a guy btw. And I am also rooting for you Invisiblesun. Basically for me, if you have love for harvard beyond the name and see the good things it has to offer I want you to get in and be in my class. You retook the LSAT for H, then I truly hope you get in.
Sorry for assuming your gender; your handle is deceiving : P. And yes, I really like HLS beyond the name. I think people have a tendency to assume that greater exclusivity means greater excellence, and I like that Harvard Law defiantly bucks that trend (by enrolling a larger class than YLS or SLS when they could probably afford to make the class smaller). I definitely also like the idea of having a lot of classmates to meet, a selection of clubs to join, and a more overall social environment than smaller schools like YLS and SLS. Moreover, Cambridge >>>>> New Haven (and also > Palo Alto as far as social life, but one can't deny the awesome weather of the SF bay area.)

r6_philly

Diamond

Re: Not Yale 2010!

Post by r6_philly » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:35 am

So should I believe anything on this board today?

PoorOrpheus

Bronze

Post by PoorOrpheus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:42 am

Cute thread title change. Let's see some more April Fool's mayhem... :P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

invisiblesun

Bronze

Re: Not New Haven Community College 2010!

Post by invisiblesun » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:43 am

PoorOrpheus wrote:Cute thread title change. Let's see some more April Fool's mayhem... :P
Heh. Wonder if schools avoid rendering any decisions on April 1st.

Oh and P.S., Coal, I really hope you're kidding about the retake. If you aren't, stop considering it. I think even a 180 after a 179 would cause schools to wonder about you (in a negative way).
Last edited by invisiblesun on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:43 am

We've been Punk'd!!!!

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:44 am

invisiblesun wrote:
PoorOrpheus wrote:Cute thread title change. Let's see some more April Fool's mayhem... :P
I doubt they think that much into it. Who changed the thread title btw?

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:46 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
I doubt they think that much into it. Who changed the thread title btw?
Probably the head honcho Ken himself...it's not just the thread title, anytime someone types H@rvard it comes out as: Harvard

edit: Notice how whoever put in this script (presumably Ken) made ones for H@rvard, Y@le, and even D.uke before STTTanford
Last edited by invisiblesun on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tomhobbes

Bronze

Re: Not YLS 2010!

Post by tomhobbes » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:48 am

Well, Ha[strike][/strike]rvard certainly isn't Ya[strike][/strike]le.

MichelledeMontaigne

New

Post by MichelledeMontaigne » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:58 am

invisiblesun wrote:
MichelledeMontaigne wrote: Yeah I think he was seconding my rooting for coalto. I'm a guy btw. And I am also rooting for you Invisiblesun. Basically for me, if you have love for Not YLS beyond the name and see the good things it has to offer I want you to get in and be in my class. You retook the LSAT for H, then I truly hope you get in.
Sorry for assuming your gender; your handle is deceiving : P. And yes, I really like HLS beyond the name. I think people have a tendency to assume that greater exclusivity means greater excellence, and I like that Not YLS Law defiantly bucks that trend (by enrolling a larger class than YLS or SLS when they could probably afford to make the class smaller). I definitely also like the idea of having a lot of classmates to meet, a selection of clubs to join, and a more overall social environment than smaller schools like YLS and SLS. Moreover, Cambridge >>>>> New Haven (and also > Palo Alto as far as social life, but one can't deny the awesome weather of the SF bay area.)
You're my favorite TeeLS'er now. I can't wait to see you in Cambridge next year.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:02 am

invisiblesun wrote:
MichelledeMontaigne wrote: Yeah I think he was seconding my rooting for coalto. I'm a guy btw. And I am also rooting for you Invisiblesun. Basically for me, if you have love for Not YLS beyond the name and see the good things it has to offer I want you to get in and be in my class. You retook the LSAT for H, then I truly hope you get in.
Sorry for assuming your gender; your handle is deceiving : P. And yes, I really like HLS beyond the name. I think people have a tendency to assume that greater exclusivity means greater excellence, and I like that Not YLS Law defiantly bucks that trend (by enrolling a larger class than YLS or SLS when they could probably afford to make the class smaller). I definitely also like the idea of having a lot of classmates to meet, a selection of clubs to join, and a more overall social environment than smaller schools like YLS and SLS. Moreover, Cambridge >>>>> New Haven (and also > Palo Alto as far as social life, but one can't deny the awesome weather of the SF bay area.)
You're my favorite TeeLS'er now. I can't wait to see you in Cambridge next year.
Awww shucks... although your optimism might be unfounded : P

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 am

Hawkeye wrote: That's because I couldn't think of a good one for Stanford. (other than "Not YLS") If you got some ideas, let me know! This will only last today!
Cal State Palo Alto? University of Taco Bell at Palo Alto?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:05 am

Hawkeye wrote:
That's because I couldn't think of a good one for Stanford. (other than "Not YLS") If you got some ideas, let me know! This will only last today!
Hm...I'm not sure, doing something like Palo Alto Community College was already done with Yale...but not that many people know that Stanford is actually Leland Stanford Junior University...so you could make a joke based off that? It's late and my idea engine is not revving...

Edit: Hawkeye's name change of STTTanford turns my post into an epic fail

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:09 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:
Il Duce wrote: That's because I couldn't think of a good one for Cal State Palo Alto. (other than "Not YLS") If you got some ideas, let me know! This will only last today!
Cal State Palo Alto? University of Taco Bell at Palo Alto?
Cal State Palo Alto? Very nice. Hawk is highly awesome, and I'm so glad to be a 1L at Fordham.

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:19 am

I think both St[strike][/strike]anford and Ha[strike][/strike]rvard should just be known as Not Ya[strike][/strike]le. That's really what they are, isn't it?

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:36 am

what the hell is happening here? the yale thread should be renamed "not h.l.s. 2010"

yale?
i like the new name.

harvard

OMG I AM FREAKING OUT WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:39 am

Nightrunner wrote:prestigious, no?
NOO, I AM SOOOO CONFUSED. MY WORLD HAS BEEN TURNED UPSIDE DOWN. HELP?

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:41 am

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
You should ask Huey Freeman for help :)

MichelledeMontaigne

New

Post by MichelledeMontaigne » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:07 am

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
It's ok. It's only april fools. I love Haahvard, so so much.

lt0826

Bronze

Post by lt0826 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:11 am

Sogui wrote:I am confident in my conjecture that at some point in April, JR will just shout out "F*CK IT"... scatter the remaining apps across the floor, and send out universal acceptance emails to everyone who hasn't heard back at this point.
HEH = this may be my best shot to get in. Hope you are right :-D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”