Harvard 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Diamond

Re: Harvard 2010!

Post by r6_philly » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:07 pm

blue5385 wrote:Waitlisted on a Saturday morning while at the office & too hungover to function.
This day is gonna suck.
Sorry to hear. I usually feel like the weekend is safe. I guess they just didn't get around to finish yesterday. :(

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:10 pm

CG614 wrote:
Unitas wrote:
CG614 wrote:
Unitas wrote:Ok, I just realized there are pretty much three possibilities with all three probably going on concurrently, who knows which one each of us fits:

1. HLS is deciding on applications that they may admit outright. These people are still between WL and Admit. Very small group in my opinion of 30-40 applications at most.

2. HLS is deciding on applications that they may WL. These people are between WL and reject. A much larger group that needs to be whittled down.

3. HLS has already decided to reject the application and has just not sent out the response. May include a few admits (hopefully for sun).
I just realized that nobody here knows what the F is going on at Harvard. Good luck all!
Really, you just realized this? :shock:
TBH, I was mocking your post. We all don't know shit, while it is fun to speculate, it is a useless activity. Plus, I don't like your three groups, so it makes me feel better to slightly mock you. Sorry.
Really, I wouldn't have guessed that was mocking..... :roll:

Also, it isn't a useless activity if I find it fun. The amount of pleasure I derive from it far outweighs the minimal effort it takes of me. Most of my posts are written on my phone in brief breaks I have available in my schedule - thereby maximizing my productive time.

I don't like my three groups either... I made the first one just hoping that is where I will be, while I find it much more likley I am in the second group.
blue5385 wrote:Waitlisted on a Saturday morning while at the office & too hungover to function.

This day is gonna suck.
Really sorry blue. Leave work and drink more, no need to function today.

No WL here yet...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Another waitlist wave I missed out on? I am definitely in the reject pile. It was fun!

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Another waitlist wave I missed out on? I am definitely in the reject pile. It was fun!
looks like they're about half done with the hold pool. still another 30 or so left pending on lsn.

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:26 pm

WLs on Saturdays? Wow.

Maybe they'll save rejections for the Lord's Day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:29 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:WLs on Saturdays? Wow.

Isn't today the Sabbath?

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Jericwithers wrote:

Isn't today the Sabbath?

Not if you're Christian.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Lots of URMs in this waitlist batch according to LSN.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 pm

BTW, was this all one big batch this morning? Or has it been ongoing?

I was coaching at T-ball this morning, glad I didn't get waitlisted then...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Havaianas

Bronze

Post by Havaianas » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:44 pm

held - waitlisted today

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Unitas wrote:BTW, was this all one big batch this morning? Or has it been ongoing?

I was coaching at T-ball this morning, glad I didn't get waitlisted then...
yea, can people share time-stamps?

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:50 pm

r6_philly wrote:Sorry to hear. I usually feel like the weekend is safe. I guess they just didn't get around to finish yesterday. :(
I thought so too -- I was surprised to get it today. BTW, I read your life story post in the Yale thread, and if someone is admitted at HLS for having an awesome/inspiring life story, I really hope it's you. :D
Unitas wrote:Really sorry blue. No WL here yet... Leave work and drink more, no need to function today.
thanks Unitas, I wish I could get out of here but my work is like a police state and we're not really allowed to go home (only kidding a little). I'm glad to hear you escaped the first two waitlist rounds though, so there's still hope.

one of the regulars in this thread needs to get admitted already!!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:54 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Isn't today the Sabbath?

Not if you're Christian.
Not if you are Seventh Day Adventist who are Christians and observe Sabbath on Sat.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 pm

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:00 pm

blue5385 wrote:
I thought so too -- I was surprised to get it today. BTW, I read your life story post in the Yale thread, and if someone is admitted at HLS for having an awesome/inspiring life story, I really hope it's you. :D
Thank you so much :)

Wouldn't it be something if HLS works out with my below median numbers? :shock:

I am not holding my breath though lol things don't usually come easily for me and I can't really get my hopes up so much.

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:01 pm

They wait listed almost all the URM's around my numbers group......weird....its like in the movies where you see people dropping to your right and left and your still standing....shaking and alone

lovepink2

New

Post by lovepink2 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Illijah wrote:They wait listed almost all the URM's around my numbers group......weird....its like in the movies where you see people dropping to your right and left and your still standing....shaking and alone

lol +1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
Thank you so much :)

Wouldn't it be something if HLS works out with my below median numbers? :shock:

I am not holding my breath though lol things don't usually come easily for me and I can't really get my hopes up so much.
I'd imagine you have one hell of a PS, and you dodged the WL bloodbath, so I would not be surprised at all if some good news is coming your way...

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:11 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:yea, can people share time-stamps?
It looks to me like they're taking small sets of applicants that they consider roughly equivalent, then saying, "okay, we need to reserve two out of this set," then choosing those two and sending them emails, dismissing the other files and moving on to the next set.

It's my fault they're doing this over the weekend, btw. I overnighted an LoCI so they'd have it by Monday, but I had no doubt if I did so they'd make all the decisions by Sunday. :? lol.

MeredithGrey

New

Post by MeredithGrey » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi can someone help me understand LSN. I am new here.

What is "N" next to people's name stand for. I know that U probably stands for URM.

Also how can you have a "D" next to a Waitlist. Doesnt D mean deferred. I am assuming you cant defer a waitlist position. If you are offered a position, you should be prepared to accept it for this Fall correct?

Thanks for helping!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:18 pm

soonergirl wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:yea, can people share time-stamps?
It looks to me like they're taking small sets of applicants that they consider roughly equivalent, then saying, "okay, we need to reserve two out of this set," then choosing those two and sending them emails, dismissing the other files and moving on to the next set.

It's my fault they're doing this over the weekend, btw. I overnighted an LoCI so they'd have it by Monday, but I had no doubt if I did so they'd make all the decisions by Sunday. :? lol.
lol Harvard's only purpose now is to make the money you spent to send an LOCI wasted....by accepting you before then :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:20 pm

blue5385 wrote:I'd imagine you have one hell of a PS, and you dodged the WL bloodbath, so I would not be surprised at all if some good news is coming your way...
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I would be elated to hear some good news. I am still afraid maybe they just haven't gotten around to the late files yet and a rejection is still coming. The Yale one still stings, even though it was not unexpected.

Are you going to stay on the WL or go to Columbia? At least the other options are not too shabby!

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:22 pm

MeredithGrey wrote:Hi can someone help me understand LSN. I am new here.

What is "N" next to people's name stand for. I know that U probably stands for URM.
correct, U is for URM and N is for "nontraditional applicant" (i.e. if you've been out of school for a really long time and are an older applicant, or something)
MeredithGrey wrote:Also how can you have a "D" next to a Waitlist. Doesnt D mean deferred. I am assuming you cant defer a waitlist position. If you are offered a position, you should be prepared to accept it for this Fall correct?

Thanks for helping!
The "D" does stand for deferred, but not in the sense that the applicant is deferring his/her admissions to the following year. It's deferred in the sense that the admissions committee (adcomm) deferred the applicant from the ED pool to the Regular Decision pool. Sometimes if people are "held" (i.e. they get a letter saying "we are going to hold your application for now and let you know later") they put a "D" to indicate that status (since it's not quite a waitlist).

Hope that helps!

BTW: Good luck to all still standing. I deposited this week, but to save my seat in the c/o 2014. I dunno if deferring will open up a spot for any of you, but I hope it does :)

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:23 pm

MeredithGrey wrote:Hi can someone help me understand LSN. I am new here.

Also how can you have a "D" next to a Waitlist. Doesnt D mean deferred. I am assuming you cant defer a waitlist position. If you are offered a position, you should be prepared to accept it for this Fall correct?

Thanks for helping!
N = non-traditional. People are too liberal with this designation since there is no firm criteria. Usually refers to people who have been out of school for a number of years.

D = deferred. Some applicants are deferred until later in the cycle to receive decisions by the schools. Essentially a hold here. ED apps can be deferred to the regular decision phase too. They need to seperate this into deferred descision and deferred admission, but no one is working on that site.

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:27 pm

r6_philly wrote:
legalnoeagle wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Isn't today the Sabbath?

Not if you're Christian.
Not if you are Seventh Day Adventist who are Christians and observe Sabbath on Sat.
Correct. You win the door prize.
Sorry about Yale.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”