Harvard 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Amelie

Silver

Re: Harvard 2010!

Post by Amelie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:32 pm

$1.99 wrote:sorry to hear with a 3.9/173 i would think you would have been admitted
163 first LSAT would probably explain it :wink:

lta

New

Post by lta » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:33 pm

p.s. sorry Amelie!

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:34 pm

ah i see, still surprising though seeing how they've been lenient about averaging LSAT scores, they seem to ignore lower scores for more non traditional applicants

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:35 pm

$1.99 wrote:ah i see, still surprising though seeing how they've been lenient about averaging LSAT scores, they seem to ignore lower scores for more non traditional applicants
Yea I think they look for something else to make up for the 2 scores - I'm a boring blonde girl from the suburbs and only 1 year out of UG so I don't think I met that criteria haha.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:36 pm

lta wrote:Dings by email, right?
Yes, everything by e-mail except an accept.

Did dates on status checker change? Does it list an e-mail under mailings?

Sorry to everyone...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pissantvache

Bronze

Post by pissantvache » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm

yep. waitlist. held in february as well. Cool guys. Good luck to everyone else!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Now my day will be spent obsessing over an e-mail.. I will probably be the one hold to go to reject. Seems all waitlists so far are for those held.

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:39 pm

seems like they are starting with early applicants. did any of you have a JR1?

MahaloMontana

New

Post by MahaloMontana » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:39 pm

Unitas wrote:
lta wrote:Dings by email, right?
Yes, everything by e-mail except an accept.

Did dates on status checker change? Does it list an e-mail under mailings?

Sorry to everyone...
Yes, my status checker changed to today's date and my current status is "Waitlist Offered."

Edit: don't see the email listed, and no I did not have a JR1
Last edited by MahaloMontana on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:40 pm

All waitlists so far seem to have gone to the January hold group. Maybe the rest of us will get them later, or maybe we'll be kept waiting until May :|

No email yet.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:41 pm

:? Where is my waitlist email? January hold, no JR1 :cry: :cry:

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:41 pm

No JR1 for me. I am strangely relieved... just glad to finally have an answer.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Jericwithers wrote::? Where is my waitlist email? January hold, no JR1 :cry: :cry:
They saw your avatar.. They will no longer even talk to you. HTH. :lol:

Some held in march have already got the e-mail BenJ.. Looking at the stats of these WLs I'll be lucky to get held.

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:43 pm

im assuming these waitlist and rejection batches will continue next week right? surviving today doesnt really mean that much?

lta

New

Post by lta » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:43 pm

BenJ wrote:All waitlists so far seem to have gone to the January hold group. Maybe the rest of us will get them later, or maybe we'll be kept waiting until May :|

No email yet.
someone in the held by harvard thread said that they were held in March and just got their email so...

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:43 pm

$1.99 wrote:im assuming these waitlist and rejection batches will continue next week right? surviving today doesnt really mean that much?
No one knows... Probably be a few JR1s and JR2s Monday, then more WL and rejections Wed or Friday.

What is the text of the e-mail? Does it list amount on WL like Yale's did?
Last edited by Unitas on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:44 pm

lol these waitlisted people have some amazing stats, i can't compete with these ppl

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:44 pm

Unitas wrote:
Jericwithers wrote::? Where is my waitlist email? January hold, no JR1 :cry: :cry:
They saw your avatar.. They will no longer even talk to you. HTH. :lol:

Some held in march have already got the e-mail BenJ.. Looking at the stats of these WLs I'll be lucky to get held.
Lol well just as long as I never get the bad news...

I think its alphabetical and they are taking lunch now and will resume to get to me afterwards.

pissantvache

Bronze

Post by pissantvache » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:44 pm

yeah, i didn't have a JR1 or anything. Annoying too as I was (based on LSN) right on the border of accepts. But so it goes.

eattrucks

New

Post by eattrucks » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:45 pm

While nervously awaiting the email, I get one and hurry to check...

...only to have it be an ad from UMass school of law.

Jerks. Don't they know H is sending out WLs.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

iminlstrick

Bronze

Post by iminlstrick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Hrm nothing here, held in January. Stress.

Saya

Bronze

Post by Saya » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:48 pm

iminlstrick wrote:Hrm nothing here, held in January. Stress.
Oui. :|

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Unitas wrote: What is the text of the e-mail? Does it list amount on WL like Yale's did?
This was attached to the email:
HARVARD LAW SCHOOL - WAIT LIST INFORMATION

WHAT IS THE WAIT LIST?
Because some admitted applicants have not yet finalized their plans for enrollment or their plans may change, we maintain a wait list to fill spaces for the September 2010 entering class should any become available.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Please consider carefully whether to keep your name on our wait list.
If you are reasonably certain that you would accept an offer of admission to HLS, you should consider staying on the wait list. If you remain under consideration, but reach a point later in the summer when it is no longer possible for you to accept an offer of admission, please let us know.
We ask that you not include your name on the wait list if you doubt that you would or could accept an offer of admission to HLS – doing so could delay the admission of another candidate. Please do not remain under consideration if you know that you will not or cannot accept an offer of admission.
If you stay on the wait list, it is wise to make alternate plans for the fall. It is best to proceed as if you will not be admitted to Harvard, but remain flexible in your ability to accept an offer from us for as long as possible.
If your address or other relevant contact information should change during the time you are on the wait list, please immediately notify our office in writing so that we have the correct contact information should we be able to make an offer of admission.

WHAT CAN I DO TO STRENGTHEN MY APPLICATION?
The fact that your application was selected for the wait list means that you are clearly a strong applicant to Harvard Law School. If, however, you believe additional materials or information would strengthen your application, you are welcome to send additions to your file.

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES I'LL BE ADMITTED?
The probability of being admitted from the wait list is a function of the total number of offers, the yield on those offers, attrition, the number of spaces that become available, and the strength of an application in relation to others that remain on the wait list at the time spaces are filled. These highly variable factors can change quickly and unpredictably.
Although we would like to provide you with a probability of admission from the wait list, our experience is that such attempts are certain to prove misleading. Events that appear improbable one day may occur the next, and some apparent certainties may never occur. The size of the wait list varies over time, and the proportion of candidates admitted from the wait list in past years varies. If there were information that would be meaningful in trying to predict the outcome of your application, we would gladly provide it.

IS THE WAIT LIST RANKED?
We do not rank the wait list. Rather, if spaces in the class become available, we review all applicants remaining on the wait list at that time and select some to receive offers of admission.

HOW BIG IS THE WAIT LIST?
The number of applicants on the wait list initially depends on the number who choose to remain on the list. As the summer progresses, some wait list candidates will withdraw from the wait list, reducing its size. If at any time the information we have concerning admitted applicants' enrollment plans suggests we will not be able to admit a substantial portion of those remaining on the wait list, we will decrease the wait list by notifying some candidates that we will not be able to offer them admission. In most years, we have admitted some applicants from the wait list – sometimes quite a few – but we have never been able to admit all applicants on the wait list.

WHEN AM I LIKELY TO HEAR?
We do not know whether, when, or how many spaces will become available. Whether spaces become available depends on the number of admitted applicants who ultimately do not enroll at Harvard this year. If, at any time between now and registration in early September, the information we have concerning admitted applicants' enrollment plans suggests that the class will be under enrolled, we will make offers of admission to an appropriate number of wait list candidates. Any offers will be made as soon and as rapidly as possible.

IF I AM ADMITTED, CAN I DEFER ENROLLMENT?
No. Offers of admission from the wait list are to fill spaces in this year's entering class only. If you know that you will not accept an offer of admission to enroll this fall, we ask that you withdraw from the wait list.

IF I AM ADMITTED, WILL I GET FINANCIAL AID OR HOUSING?
Financial aid at Harvard Law School is based on demonstrated financial need. If you are admitted from the wait list and apply for financial aid, you will receive the same financial aid award that you would have received had you been admitted earlier. If you have submitted a FAFSA and Need-Access form to the HLS Student Financial Services Office and provide other financial information in a timely fashion upon notification of admission, we will be able to provide financial aid information prior to requiring an acceptance deposit from you.

Although we cannot guarantee housing in HLS dorms for those admitted from the wait list, it may be possible, even for those admitted late in the summer, to obtain HLS housing. Students admitted off the wait list typically find housing on or off campus without significant difficulty.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Maybe I was right and rejections will start at 4:30.. :cry:

Sorry to everyone.
Thank you Amelie.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”