Harvard 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Re: Harvard 2010!

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:17 pm

I also went complete + no JR1.

While it doesn't technically mean anything.. it is a bit disheartening.

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:22 pm

I just went complete also, though the status checker still says "under review" with the same 11/9 status date. Is this true for others?

FretMeister

New

Post by FretMeister » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:24 pm

I am as manic as everyone else here - see my name - but everybody getting complete emails without JR1s (and I am one of you) needs to take a deep breath.

Have a look through this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =7&t=93290

The order of Complete Email and JR1 email varies, and it actually seems to be MORE common to get JR1 AFTER Complete Email.

Anecdotal evidence suggest that these are two different processes - I'm guessing JR is not the only employee of the Harvard Admissions Office - and that getting a Complete Email before your JR1 means absolutely nothing.

Bronze

Post by 4910 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:41 pm

yeah this is true but what about ppl who have been waiting for about 2 weeks already after being under review?

kwat

New

Post by kwat » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Because everyone is getting all tense about possible notifications coming up within the next week I thought I would throw this out there and get yalls thoughts....

Harvard v. Yale is this weekend 11AM on the Versus Network...any score predictions?

Last edited by kwat on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

picaresco

New

Post by picaresco » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

4910 wrote:yeah this is true but what about ppl who have been waiting for about 2 weeks already after being under review?
Honestly, I wouldn't get worried at all at this point. As much as we're all freaked out about New Dean, New System and the whole 2 month turnaround business, I wouldn't be surprised if they have fallen into old habits considering the glut of applicants. I think it's possible that we'll be seeing JR1s in December, same as last year.

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:06 pm

[quote="kwat"]Because everyone is getting all tense about possible notifications coming up within the next week I thought I would throw this out there and get yalls thoughts....

Harvard v. Yale is this weekend 11AM on the Versus Network...any score predictions?

they have football teams? :shock:

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:12 pm

kwat wrote:Because everyone is getting all tense about possible notifications coming up within the next week I thought I would throw this out there and get yalls thoughts....

So while Harvard and Yale battle for Ivy League mediocrity, Stanford will play Cal in the Big Game on Saturday with a possible trip to the Rose Bowl in the future and with a Heisman Trophy candidate powering the offense. Hmmm.

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:14 pm

crackberry wrote:
kwat wrote:Because everyone is getting all tense about possible notifications coming up within the next week I thought I would throw this out there and get yalls thoughts....

So while Harvard and Yale battle for Ivy League mediocrity, Stanford will play Cal in the Big Game on Saturday with a possible trip to the Rose Bowl in the future and with a Heisman Trophy candidate powering the offense. Hmmm.
you should prob. withdraw your H app and stick with Stanford. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:14 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:

No, it's an equestrian race, obviously.

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:19 pm

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:25 pm

soullesswonder wrote:

Greatest headline of all time. Seriously.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:26 pm

puppins wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Haha well if I get into both (unlikely), I will do exactly that. HOWEVER, Mr. Rubenstein, with Stanford being so notoriously unpredictable, I'd love a JR2 on Tuesday please.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:28 pm

crackberry wrote:
puppins wrote:
crackberry wrote: So while Harvard and Yale battle for Ivy League mediocrity, Stanford will play Cal in the Big Game on Saturday with a possible trip to the Rose Bowl in the future and with a Heisman Trophy candidate powering the offense. Hmmm.
Haha well if I get into both (unlikely), I will do exactly that. HOWEVER, Mr. Rubenstein, with Stanford being so notoriously unpredictable, I'd love a JR2 on Tuesday please.
BUT Mr. Rubenstein, I would take Harvard over Stanford. No question. Just keep that in mind when you are thinking about sending JR1s.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:35 pm

All I want for Christmas is a JR1, a JR1....

yeah right. :cry:

go4hls

New

Post by go4hls » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:35 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:All I want for Christmas is a JR1, a JR1....

LOL, all I want for christmas is a JR2, a JR2...

Shouldn't get my hopes up tho...

sfdreaming09

Bronze

Post by sfdreaming09 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:42 pm

go4hls wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:All I want for Christmas is a JR1, a JR1....

LOL, all I want for christmas is a JR2, a JR2...

Shouldn't get my hopes up tho...
+1

It'd be a dream come true for me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

badwillhunting

New

Post by badwillhunting » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:44 pm

mhopeful wrote:Have any of you guys gotten application complete emails from Harvard after you already had an interview? What does this mean? Are applications only complete once you have an interview, or what does this mean? thanks!
had jr1 monday, got the complete email today.

in sum: the complete email is (completely) meaningless.

zamd006

New

Post by zamd006 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:55 pm

I got my complete email today but I have my JR1 friday (email monday) so I don't think the complete email means anything at all guys, nothing to worry.

ali & ali

New

Post by ali & ali » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:06 pm

zamd006 wrote:I got my complete email today but I have my JR1 friday (email monday) so I don't think the complete email means anything at all guys, nothing to worry.
When did your file go "Under Review"? I sent my app in on 11/3 and went under review 11/12. According to LSN, a lot of applicants who applied right when I did last year had already gotten their TS1 by now. Do y'all think the surplus of applicants this year is slowing the process down?

zamd006

New

Post by zamd006 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:09 pm

ali & ali wrote:
zamd006 wrote:I got my complete email today but I have my JR1 friday (email monday) so I don't think the complete email means anything at all guys, nothing to worry.
When did your file go "Under Review"? I sent my app in on 11/3 and went under review 11/12. According to LSN, a lot of applicants who applied right when I did last year had already gotten their TS1 by now. Do y'all think the surplus of applicants this year is slowing the process down?
Sent 10/28 under review 11/2. 14 days for my JR1 so you have time, if you have the numbers I'm guessing you will get it next week.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

protokurios

Bronze

Post by protokurios » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:59 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:

No, it's an equestrian race, obviously.
TITCR

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:29 pm

puppins wrote:
crackberry wrote:
puppins wrote:
crackberry wrote: So while Harvard and Yale battle for Ivy League mediocrity, Stanford will play Cal in the Big Game on Saturday with a possible trip to the Rose Bowl in the future and with a Heisman Trophy candidate powering the offense. Hmmm.
BUT Mr. Rubenstein, I would take Harvard over Stanford. No question. Just keep that in mind when you are thinking about sending JR1s.
Harvard is my #1 choice as well Mr. Rubenstein - I won't even APPLY to Stanford or Yale if you want; pre-thanksgiving JR2 please! haha

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:49 pm

I got the complete email today as well. Not expecting an interview, but at least I have an HLS grad as a recommender.

T14

Bronze

Post by T14 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:16 am

In case anyone didn't catch this, some new content was added to the site: --LinkRemoved--

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”