Harvard 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Unitas

Silver

Re: Harvard 2010!

Post by Unitas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:21 pm

crackberry wrote:
fidesverita wrote:
crackberry wrote:This is copied and pasted from the Stanford thread, but in case some of you aren't following that, it applies here as well:

Thanks for the well-wishes guys. I really appreciate it. I'm not sure what else to say, but for the countless and invaluable pieces of advice I've gotten from you guys, I sincerely thank you.
Haha, are you staying with HLS and YLS out of curiosity or because you're considering the other two if their offers are different?
Well there won't be any "offers" in the sense that none of HYS give merit aid, but I'm considering staying with HLS and YLS because I just want to see if I can get in. It's purely egotistical, honestly, and I feel somewhat bad saying that, but I just want to see if I can get in. I will be withdrawing from CCN on down for sure next week, though, and I very well may decide to withdraw from HLS as well and just not apply to YLS.
Congrats Crackberry. You should go celebrate!!

I would keep HLS in if I were you. No reason not to. You did pay for them to examine you and it is worth it for your pride... YLS is different though, because wouldn't you want to go to YLS if accepted regardless of SLS? I should say wouldn't it become a really tough choice?

"And for those that saw the whole ordeal yesterday, this is not the same thing. Crackberry did not apply ED and is not under contract to withdrawal from anywhere. "

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Kakarot wrote: Congrats Crackberry. You should go celebrate!!

I would keep HLS in if I were you. No reason not to. You did pay for them to examine you and it is worth it for your pride... YLS is different though, because wouldn't you want to go to YLS if accepted regardless of SLS? I should say wouldn't it become a really tough choice?
Well SLS has always been my dream. I want to practice environmental law in the Bay Area and really there's no better school to do that than SLS. I know YLS is king, but honestly, the difference between the two is really pretty minuscule and there's something to be said for following your heart (as cheesy as that sounds).

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:39 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kakarot wrote: Congrats Crackberry. You should go celebrate!!

Well SLS has always been my dream. I want to practice environmental law in the Bay Area and really there's no better school to do that than SLS. I know YLS is king, but honestly, the difference between the two is really pretty minuscule and there's something to be said for following your heart (as cheesy as that sounds).
It isn't cheesy.. SLS is a great school..

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Kakarot wrote: It isn't cheesy.. SLS is a great school, I would say equal to Harvard.
equal to Harvard? Have you even been to New England? I almost died from cold this morning.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

puppins wrote:
Kakarot wrote: It isn't cheesy.. SLS is a great school, I would say equal to Harvard.
equal to Harvard? Have you even been to New England? I almost died from cold this morning.
I wanted to avoid the argument I saw coming so I edited it out. :) Where are you at? I had a place in Easton PA for a while.

But at least Harvard has seasons of the year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Kakarot wrote: I wanted to avoid the argument I saw coming so I edited it out. :) Where are you at? I had a place in Easton PA for a while.

I am between Harvard and Yale. It is so cold here. So cold. Sooooo cold. I miss Cali. :(

fidesverita

Bronze

Post by fidesverita » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Kakarot wrote:
crackberry wrote:
fidesverita wrote:
crackberry wrote:This is copied and pasted from the Stanford thread, but in case some of you aren't following that, it applies here as well:

Thanks for the well-wishes guys. I really appreciate it. I'm not sure what else to say, but for the countless and invaluable pieces of advice I've gotten from you guys, I sincerely thank you.
Haha, are you staying with HLS and YLS out of curiosity or because you're considering the other two if their offers are different?
Well there won't be any "offers" in the sense that none of HYS give merit aid, but I'm considering staying with HLS and YLS because I just want to see if I can get in. It's purely egotistical, honestly, and I feel somewhat bad saying that, but I just want to see if I can get in. I will be withdrawing from CCN on down for sure next week, though, and I very well may decide to withdraw from HLS as well and just not apply to YLS.
Congrats Crackberry. You should go celebrate!!

"And for those that saw the whole ordeal yesterday, this is not the same thing. Crackberry did not apply ED and is not under contract to withdrawal from anywhere. "
I think once you hit HYS, they're all the same in caliber. It's all based on personal preference.

Imho, SLS > YLS

Lmao Zedong

Bronze

Post by Lmao Zedong » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Last edited by Lmao Zedong on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:09 pm

puppins wrote:
Kakarot wrote: I wanted to avoid the argument I saw coming so I edited it out. :) Where are you at? I had a place in Easton PA for a while.

I am between Harvard and Yale. It is so cold here. So cold. Sooooo cold. I miss Cali. :(
jeez you're killing me here. im currently living in the south...NE is going to destroy me lol. 100+ degree weather is totally normal to me, and 90+ i wont even sweat while walking out im so used to it...but we practically NEVER dip below 30 in the winter and most of my friends cant take 50 degree weather hahaha (i can manage the 40's w/ just a jacket...30's and ill need to bundle up some more).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
puppins wrote:

jeez you're killing me here. im currently living in the south...NE is going to destroy me lol. 100+ degree weather is totally normal to me, and 90+ i wont even sweat while walking out im so used to it...but we practically NEVER dip below 30 in the winter and most of my friends cant take 50 degree weather hahaha (i can manage the 40's w/ just a jacket...30's and ill need to bundle up some more).
It isn't that bad, just don't expect to want to go outside... I live in the SE right now, but have had a house where I stayed in the NE...

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:15 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
puppins wrote:

I dunno.. the cold weather is a plus for me actually.. I grew up in the South but I love snow, and my two favorite sports are skiing and snowboarding.... sooo I can't wait to have resorts that are like an hour or two away instead of a 10 hour drive.

Now if Harvard would just put that darn ice rink back....

clint4law

Silver

Post by clint4law » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:22 pm

anyone else still under review since 11/3? no JR1...and since its been over a month my slim chances aren't looking too good.

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:23 pm

DoubleChecks wrote: jeez you're killing me here. im currently living in the south...NE is going to destroy me lol. 100+ degree weather is totally normal to me, and 90+ i wont even sweat while walking out im so used to it...but we practically NEVER dip below 30 in the winter and most of my friends cant take 50 degree weather hahaha (i can manage the 40's w/ just a jacket...30's and ill need to bundle up some more).
It's not even as cold as it could be right now and I don't ever want to get out of bed or leave my house. but what are you going to do, you know

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:24 pm

SolarWind wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
puppins wrote:

I dunno.. the cold weather is a plus for me actually.. I grew up in the South but I love snow, and my two favorite sports are skiing and snowboarding.... sooo I can't wait to have resorts that are like an hour or two away instead of a 10 hour drive.

If I get in that should be our first student action. Raising money to get the ice rink back...

It just gets worse if you have to drive somewhere and you gotta shovel snow or scrape cars. Besides those two things I enjoy it myself, but most of the time I had to do both things so I know you see where this is going.

EDITS: stupid rushing and forgetting words.
Last edited by Unitas on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:24 pm

puppins wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote: jeez you're killing me here. im currently living in the south...NE is going to destroy me lol. 100+ degree weather is totally normal to me, and 90+ i wont even sweat while walking out im so used to it...but we practically NEVER dip below 30 in the winter and most of my friends cant take 50 degree weather hahaha (i can manage the 40's w/ just a jacket...30's and ill need to bundle up some more).
It's not even as cold as it could be right now and I don't ever want to get out of bed or leave my house. but what are you going to do, you know
Ice Skating puppins.. you'll get in to H and we'll go ice skating.

(promise you'll call them up and beg for the ice rink when u'r admitted?)

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:27 pm

SolarWind wrote:
puppins wrote: It's not even as cold as it could be right now and I don't ever want to get out of bed or leave my house. but what are you going to do, you know

If I am admitted, I will go ice skating with you. but after not too long my entire body will start shaking and shivering and I will demand you hold me while looking sort of plaintive. as long as that's okay.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:33 pm

puppins wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
puppins wrote: It's not even as cold as it could be right now and I don't ever want to get out of bed or leave my house. but what are you going to do, you know

If I am admitted, I will go ice skating with you. but after not too long my entire body will start shaking and shivering and I will demand you hold me while looking sort of plaintive. as long as that's okay.
Deal.. if you're admitted.. which you will be as you get my lucky 1111 post...

Ok I think my Burger Order will be done soon... off to pick it up

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

zamd006

New

Post by zamd006 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:36 pm

I happen to believe the cold makes people work harder. It forces you to stay in, hopefully studying. I don't think it is a coincidence that the cold North is more prosperous than the places closer to the equator (where I'm from for example). So take the cold as a plus.

-Another reason I like the cold is that I get to wear fashionable winter clothing, overcoats, sweaters, etc. I also get to drink hot chocolate while it's snowing outside. I get to go skiing, participate in snowball fights. You can hang out near the fireplace, wear a scarf, watch the Bruins in Boston, get Dunkin Donut's coffee. Have an actual white Christmas. Oh how I love you Harvard/Boston. etc, I like all these things. (FWI: I am from a very warm place near the equator, but I lived near Boston for a couple of years)

s419

New

Post by s419 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:45 pm

Kakarot wrote:
SolarWind wrote:

If I get in that should be our first student action. Raising money to get the ice rink back...

It just gets worse if you have to drive somewhere and you gotta shovel snow or scrape cars. Besides those two things I enjoy it myself, but most of the time I had to do both things so I know you see where this is going.

+1000 to engineering the return of the ice rink!

I've already had my JR2, who do you think I should contact to voice my concern about the lack of ice skating? :)

Shadyb

New

Post by Shadyb » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:00 pm

zamd006 wrote:
I also get to drink hot chocolate while it's snowing outside. I get to go skiing, participate in snowball fights. You can hang out near the fireplace, wear a scarf, watch the Bruins in Boston, get Dunkin Donut's coffee. Have an actual white Christmas. Oh how I love you Harvard/Boston. etc, I like all these things. (FWI: I am from a very warm place near the equator, but I lived near Boston for a couple of years)
FREE hot chocolate if you come to HLS :lol:

zamd006

New

Post by zamd006 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:05 pm

Shadyb wrote:
zamd006 wrote:
I also get to drink hot chocolate while it's snowing outside. I get to go skiing, participate in snowball fights. You can hang out near the fireplace, wear a scarf, watch the Bruins in Boston, get Dunkin Donut's coffee. Have an actual white Christmas. Oh how I love you Harvard/Boston. etc, I like all these things. (FWI: I am from a very warm place near the equator, but I lived near Boston for a couple of years)
FREE hot chocolate if you come to HLS :lol:
Thankfully I am going. I got my JR2 in the November 23 batch. I love Harvard and everything about it. I'll probably badger you with questions once I'm done with final exams next week.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:45 pm

s419 wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
SolarWind wrote:

I've already had my JR2, who do you think I should contact to voice my concern about the lack of ice skating? :)
No No... Voicing concern isn't a great thing... We just need to fix it ourselves.

I have no JR2, but if I go I want an ice rink.
*and someone to teach me to ice skate, it has been years*

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:01 pm

SolarWind wrote:
puppins wrote:
SolarWind wrote:

Deal.. if you're admitted.. which you will be as you get my lucky 1111 post...

Ok I think my Burger Order will be done soon... off to pick it up
great, now you've reminded me that im hungry and crave a good burger...do you not realize it's cold outside? lol

NeuroticallyYours

New

Post by NeuroticallyYours » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:06 am

Casus wrote:
BreakOrDeath88 wrote:Just had the JR 1. It went pretty well. He didn't talk much so I might have rambled a bit. Just asked the questions that were in the email.

Looking at LSN trends from last cycle, it seems like we should be expecting JR 2 (if we get one at all, of course) on this coming Monday? Damn that's really fast...
Dude, shhhhhh....NeuroticallyYours is sleeping.
I am AWAKE! What's happening??!! (Actually, I just got home from work...ew. And now I'm about to collapse from exhaustion.)

Congrats Crackberry! You'll probably get a JR2 as well.

amidea

Bronze

Post by amidea » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:18 am

Kakarot wrote:
s419 wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
SolarWind wrote:

No No... Voicing concern isn't a great thing... We just need to fix it ourselves.

I have no JR2, but if I go I want an ice rink.
*and someone to teach me to ice skate, it has been years*
s419, NOW.

Kakarot, I will teach you how to ice skate! Think Harvard will accept me as a skating coach?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”