Accepted early decision at UVA

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jawsthegreat

Re: Accepted early decision at UVA

Postby jawsthegreat » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:36 pm

Tangent: Does anyone have any idea how many people UVA takes ED each year?

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:56 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:Tangent: Does anyone have any idea how many people UVA takes ED each year?

As many as are qualified. To the extent that you can fill a class with ED candidates that fit your profile numbers, there is no benefit to tapping the RD pool.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:59 pm

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:03 am

YCrevolution wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:Tangent: Does anyone have any idea how many people UVA takes ED each year?

In the past, I think UVA filled a little over 10% of its class with EDers, although I also think that number has started going up recently.

Judging from the not so scientific measure of the TLS forums and LSN I think the number is definitely higher than that.

joeshmo39

Postby joeshmo39 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Talked to Mr. Faulk today and he asked me to move to Charlottesville. Thinking of trudging to the tube in the freezing London rain this morning, I obliged. He was very nice and it was a good chat, a real straight shooter. Told me to stay the course and take the LSAT this Saturday because it couldn't hurt at this point.

Just to give everyone an idea of timescales here, I went complete 11-20. I mailed my form 2 days before that but it did not arrive til today. I know because I called today as the tracking I got from Royal Mail was seriously lacking (tracked it out of England...first 300 miles of a 3500 mile journey). My numbers are somewhere earlier on this thread if you want them. Also some info on my LSN account though that is about to read all W's so not sure how much that will help figuring out chances.

Good luck everyone else.

thepunisher24

Postby thepunisher24 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:27 am

Admitted today via phone call!

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:28 am

Philo38

Postby Philo38 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:32 am

thepunisher24 wrote:Admitted today via phone call!

Congratulations! Add another to the list.

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:50 am

thepunisher24 wrote:Admitted today via phone call!

Nice.

lawdowne

Postby lawdowne » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Got in Today! Never posted much on TLS, but thanks for all the great info over the past year!

lnz103

Postby lnz103 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:07 pm

lawdowne wrote:Got in Today! Never posted much on TLS, but thanks for all the great info over the past year!

Congrats! Another GA person on the list.. :) :)

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:15 pm

lawdowne wrote:Got in Today! Never posted much on TLS, but thanks for all the great info over the past year!

Congrats!

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Condolences to Missvik, according to LSN it appears as if she was rejected by UVA today.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:39 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:Condolences to Missvik, according to LSN it appears as if she was rejected by UVA today.

:cry: Thank you, it's true ... I've lurked on this thread hoping I'd be able to join it at some point, but alas UVA is not going to become a reality for me. Congrats to all of you who will be attending!!

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:45 pm

missvik218 wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:Condolences to Missvik, according to LSN it appears as if she was rejected by UVA today.

:cry: Thank you, it's true ... I've lurked on this thread hoping I'd be able to join it at some point, but alas UVA is not going to become a reality for me. Congrats to all of you who will be attending!!

Keep your head up I'm sure you will get into a great school.

As a side note isn't this process just so utterly ridiculous? I mean you likely would have been accepted had you scored 1 point higher, which is just answering 1 more question correctly on the test(which is extremely random). I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better it just sucks that that is the reality.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:50 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:As a side note isn't this process just so utterly ridiculous? I mean you likely would have been accepted had you scored 1 point higher, which is just answering 1 more question correctly on the test(which is extremely random). I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better it just sucks that that is the reality.

Haha, no it doesn't but it's a reality I've considered many times ... the REALLY ridiculous part about it is, I had one more right (the only erasure on my whole exam) that I changed last minute and ended up getting wrong, FML.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:53 pm

missvik218 wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:As a side note isn't this process just so utterly ridiculous? I mean you likely would have been accepted had you scored 1 point higher, which is just answering 1 more question correctly on the test(which is extremely random). I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better it just sucks that that is the reality.

Haha, no it doesn't but it's a reality I've considered many times ... the REALLY ridiculous part about it is, I had one more right (the only erasure on my whole exam) that I changed last minute and ended up getting wrong, FML.

How come you didn't you ED (they have one now, right?) at Duke? Wasn't their median 169 a year ago?

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:58 pm

missvik218 wrote:

you should have applied earlier. You would have at least been in/wl.

Good luck though, you will have a good cycle.

Edit: if you are instate.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:59 pm

rondemarino wrote:
missvik218 wrote:

How come you didn't you ED (they have one now, right?) at Duke? Wasn't their median 169 a year ago?

I did ED at UVA, Duke's deadline was at the beginning of November wasn't it?

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:03 pm

avacado111 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:

Seriously?

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:04 pm

missvik218 wrote:I did ED at UVA, Duke's deadline was at the beginning of November wasn't it?

Yeah. So it was the deadline that you couldn't meet?

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:08 pm

rondemarino wrote:
avacado111 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:

Seriously?

seriously, if instate. from last cycle anyway. I'm talking about early (start of the year 9/01) ED.

Anyways, that's my two cents. It's not that it matters because I got accepted to UVA today! yay!!!

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:09 pm

rondemarino wrote:
missvik218 wrote:I did ED at UVA, Duke's deadline was at the beginning of November wasn't it?

Yeah. So it was the deadline that you couldn't meet?

Yeah, I just wasn't ready with my PS and everything else to go earlier.

wootwootdc

Postby wootwootdc » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Hey guys, I just sent application for ED on friday and have one question..do they know which applications are ED before they receive the ED form? did i miss a box or something?

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:13 pm

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”