Accepted early decision at UVA Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
YCrevolution

Gold

Re: Accepted early decision at UVA

Post by YCrevolution » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:19 am

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:23 am

I really don't like this, I feel like they're trying to force people into EDing at UVA.

That being said, it's their own funeral if they admit a higher proportion of students with lower stats.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 am

I'm kinda pissed that I ED in late November now, I could have applied other places and waited until March 1 to see how it was looking then decided to apply ED or not. :evil:

dgouzoul

Bronze

Post by dgouzoul » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:47 am

jawsthegreat wrote:I'm kinda pissed that I ED in late November now, I could have applied other places and waited until March 1 to see how it was looking then decided to apply ED or not. :evil:
This

booboo

Silver

Post by booboo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:48 am

jawsthegreat wrote:I'm kinda pissed that I ED in late November now, I could have applied other places and waited until March 1 to see how it was looking then decided to apply ED or not. :evil:
It is a bit disconcerting, but at least you're attending a mighty fine institution. :).

Fail at spelling mighty, hehe.
Last edited by booboo on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:50 am

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:51 am

booboo wrote:
It is a bit disconcerting, but at least you're attending a might fine institution. :).
I mean odds are with my numbers and application I would have been a WL anyway but I kind of would have like the option, ya know?

Still very happy to be going to UVA though, as it was my number 1 choice after HYS.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:51 am

YCrevolution wrote:
But you'll have a great place to live next year! :mrgreen:

Even with no ED deadline, waiting until March 1 is probably not a great idea, because the class could be filled by that point. I can also see UVA WLing a lot more ED applicants now, too.
Agreed, like I said still thrilled to be attending such a great school.

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Ya know I have been thinking this too but wouldn't it just suck if we waited to ED and got WL? Then you may just be stuck with some TTT school like Duke. Then what of your life?

But for serious...I'm super glad I got in and though it would have been nice to be RD and have options, I did ED because I loved UVA when I visited and don't think I had any sort of realistic shot of getting in without it.

edit: oh and I hope they only admit EDers at this point. It would leave more $$$ in the pot for the ED crowd. They will give $$$ to RD folks before us...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Doritos wrote:
Ya know I have been thinking this too but wouldn't it just suck if we waited to ED and got WL? Then you may just be stuck with some TTT school like Duke. Then what of your life?

But for serious...I'm super glad I got in and though it would have been nice to be RD and have options, I did ED because I loved UVA when I visited and don't think I had any sort of realistic shot of getting in without it.

edit: oh and I hope they only admit EDers at this point. It would leave more $$$ in the pot for the ED crowd. They will give $$$ to RD folks before us...
Yea, but my #s were good enough to where I would have had a fair shot RD. Though being out of state it would have been tough.

stef1330

New

Post by stef1330 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:41 am

I realize this thread is deceased but around what month exactly would be best for me to apply ED?

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 am

stef1330 wrote:I realize this thread is deceased but around what month exactly would be best for me to apply ED?
Lol...get an LSAT score first before you worry about applying. From the looks of your profile you're still in college so work on your GPA and enjoy life.

stef1330

New

Post by stef1330 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Bajam wrote:
stef1330 wrote:I realize this thread is deceased but around what month exactly would be best for me to apply ED?
Lol...get an LSAT score first before you worry about applying. From the looks of your profile you're still in college so work on your GPA and enjoy life.

Hahahaha that's not gonna happen. I HAVE to get into UVA. Calling UVA my "dream school" literally doesn't do it justice. Just trying to plan everything out and get ahead of the game man.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”