Accepted early decision at UVA Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gatorjax

New

Re: Accepted early decision at UVA

Post by gatorjax » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Anybody gotten any accepts or rejects lately? Complete since 12/9 and nothing yet.

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:22 pm

gatorjax wrote:Anybody gotten any accepts or rejects lately? Complete since 12/9 and nothing yet.
Yeah, rejected today! Whatever, I didn't like you anyway. Good luck peeps.

gatorjax

New

Post by gatorjax » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:26 pm

When did your file go complete?

gatorjax

New

Post by gatorjax » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:16 am

Is there anyone else out there that went complete 12/8, 12/9, 12/10 that is still waiting?

gatorjax

New

Post by gatorjax » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Is there anyone at all still waiting?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thepunisher24

Bronze

Post by thepunisher24 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:40 pm

question for all the ED admits - once accepted, did you notify UVA when you withdrew all other applications?

What if I didn't apply anywhere else? Do I still have to email them?

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:45 pm

I didn't apply anywhere else and haven't notified them yet, and haven't heard anything so I'm not sure what I need to do

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:04 am

For those who have been accepted ED, even if the contract language doesn't require you to immediately withdraw all other pending apps/acceptances, you should still do so as soon as possible. It's considerate to other applicants at those schools who might end up getting WL'd because you were accepted and the school didn't yet know you're not going there.

thepunisher24

Bronze

Post by thepunisher24 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:19 am

vanwinkle wrote:For those who have been accepted ED, even if the contract language doesn't require you to immediately withdraw all other pending apps/acceptances, you should still do so as soon as possible. It's considerate to other applicants at those schools who might end up getting WL'd because you were accepted and the school didn't yet know you're not going there.
Agreed, but I'm in the same boat as Jaws and unsure of what to do - UVA was my one and only application ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:20 am

thepunisher24 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:For those who have been accepted ED, even if the contract language doesn't require you to immediately withdraw all other pending apps/acceptances, you should still do so as soon as possible. It's considerate to other applicants at those schools who might end up getting WL'd because you were accepted and the school didn't yet know you're not going there.
Agreed, but I'm in the same boat as Jaws and unsure of what to do - UVA was my one and only application ;)
Yea, what if we didn't apply anywhere else?

uvalaw2013

New

Post by uvalaw2013 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:24 am

thepunisher24 wrote:
You would be stupid not to withdraw. In the status checker it says to immediatly withdraw from all your schools upon acceptance and notify the law school when you have done so.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:27 am

You don't have to do anything. You're done.

uvalaw2013

New

Post by uvalaw2013 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:30 am

vanwinkle wrote:You don't have to do anything. You're done.
obviously I'm done. But I'm just saying it for people who naively thing they can bypass the ED contract.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:34 am

uvalaw2013 wrote:
obviously I'm done. But I'm just saying it for people who naively thing they can bypass the ED contract.
Your reading comprehension FTL, we didn't apply anywhere else and were wondering if we had to notify UVA of anything since we had no schools to withdraw from.

Check the previous posts

thepunisher24

Bronze

Post by thepunisher24 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:36 am

uvalaw2013 wrote:
thepunisher24 wrote:
You would be stupid not to withdraw. In the status checker it says to immediatly withdraw from all your schools upon acceptance and notify the law school when you have done so.
I can't withdraw if I don't have any other outstanding applications. Read what I posted above, UVA was the only place I applied.

bowie8285

Bronze

Post by bowie8285 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:15 am

Last edited by bowie8285 on Mon May 10, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:18 am

bowie8285 wrote:we're supposed to notify UVA after withdrawing from other schools? i didn't realize they wanted us to report back on it
They mention is somewhere but I'm not sure it really matters as long as you withdraw

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

uvalaw2013

New

Post by uvalaw2013 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:56 pm

bowie8285 wrote:we're supposed to notify UVA after withdrawing from other schools? i didn't realize they wanted us to report back on it
well it says that if you recheck the the status checker after you have been accepted.

Relog back in to your own status checker:

"Congratulations, you've been admitted to the Class of 2013! We look forward to welcoming you to the law school. An acceptance letter is en route via regular mail, and you'll receive additional information about Virginia Law periodically during the upcoming months via email, but please feel free to contact us with questions or concerns.

Per the terms of the Binding Early Decision Agreement, please notify us when your immediate withdrawal of all applications to other law schools has been completed. "

recheck yours :) I don't know, I guess I was just being safe.

uvalaw2013

New

Post by uvalaw2013 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:57 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
uvalaw2013 wrote:
Your reading comprehension FTL, we didn't apply anywhere else and were wondering if we had to notify UVA of anything since we had no schools to withdraw from.

Check the previous posts
Oops, I should have gone back a few threads. lol.

Splittsburgh

New

Post by Splittsburgh » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:01 pm

I'm in!

UVA's admissions department is fantastic. They got back to me the day after my file went complete.

uvalaw2013

New

Post by uvalaw2013 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Splittsburgh wrote:I'm in!

UVA's admissions department is fantastic. They got back to me the day after my file went complete.
congrats!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LvingLegend

New

Post by LvingLegend » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:11 pm

I applied ED and can now say that according to LSN I am the only person in the last 3 years to not get accepted with a LSAT over 170. I got waitlisted. This must mean my application was pretty bad.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:49 pm

LvingLegend wrote:I applied ED and can now say that according to LSN I am the only person in the last 3 years to not get accepted with a LSAT over 170. I got waitlisted. This must mean my application was pretty bad.

When did you apply? They might have already taken their quota of out of state splitters by the time you applied.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:55 pm

LvingLegend wrote:I applied ED and can now say that according to LSN I am the only person in the last 3 years to not get accepted with a LSAT over 170. I got waitlisted. This must mean my application was pretty bad.
If TLS is any indication, they were swamped with ED applications this year. People went crazy switching their apps to ED, getting in, and then posting and inspiring others to do the same. At some point they were going to have to start turning people away.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:16 am

It looks like UVA has eliminated the ED deadline, and anyone can apply ED before the March 1, 2010 deadline.

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/prospectives/faqs.htm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”