In at Duke! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheWire

Bronze

Re: In at Duke!

Post by TheWire » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:26 pm

I know this is ridiculous....but if ur PT and it says file under review on lets say 11/1....would u cunt 11/1 as a day and so expect to hear by 11/10....or count 10 days from them so it would be 11/11?

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:27 pm

TheWire wrote:I know this is ridiculous....but if ur PT and it says file under review on lets say 11/1....would u cunt 11/1 as a day and so expect to hear by 11/10....or count 10 days from them so it would be 11/11?
Dont call me a cunt

ahstud4life

New

Post by ahstud4life » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Torvon wrote:Has anyone successfully deciphered whether there is some hidden meaning to the status date changing while file is under review? I read a couple posts saying that happened the day before they got their decision, has that usually been the case?
I think it's funny how we all have theories and make up things just to pass the time and make ourselves feel better. My favorite was one I read earlier about having a deposit 0.00 at the bottom mean acceptance. I do the same thing so I'm not judging, it's just funny.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:03 pm

TheWire wrote:I know this is ridiculous....but if ur PT and it says file under review on lets say 11/1....would u cunt 11/1 as a day and so expect to hear by 11/10....or count 10 days from them so it would be 11/11?
I dont think they count that 1st day (11/3-11/13 here).

gtbubblehead

New

Post by gtbubblehead » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:13 pm

I received my acceptance email yesterday after my status changed from Under Review 10/28 to Under Review 11/16.

RD submitted 10/20, 3.91, 161/164/171

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CoutureChiq

Bronze

Post by CoutureChiq » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:13 pm

gtbubblehead wrote:I received my acceptance email yesterday after my status changed from Under Review 10/28 to Under Review 11/16.

Congrats!!!

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:17 pm

hhg wrote:has anybody that applied for the jd/llm heard anything yet? i'm "ready for review", as of 9 nov., sent 7 nov.
Nothing hear. Went complete 11/2, ready for review 11/4. I'm not PT, are you?

Torvon

Bronze

Post by Torvon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:22 pm

gtbubblehead wrote:I received my acceptance email yesterday after my status changed from Under Review 10/28 to Under Review 11/16.

Which comes first the email or the "Decision Has Been Made" status?

PrincessAJ

New

Post by PrincessAJ » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Congrats!

Mine changed to 11/16 and then today to 11/17 and still nothing. Ugh, that prob means something bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gtbubblehead

New

Post by gtbubblehead » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Torvon wrote:

For me, the "Decision Has Been Made" and email came within five minutes of each other.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:30 pm

gtbubblehead wrote:
Torvon wrote:

For me, the "Decision Has Been Made" and email came within five minutes of each other.
Decision made came about 6 hours before the e-mail.

hhg

Bronze

Post by hhg » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:
hhg wrote:has anybody that applied for the jd/llm heard anything yet? i'm "ready for review", as of 9 nov., sent 7 nov.
Nothing hear. Went complete 11/2, ready for review 11/4. I'm not PT, are you?
nope, rd. i don't know if they're waiting to have more so they can compare and contrast or if it's just me (and you) in particular...

clskelton

New

Post by clskelton » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:02 pm

My file has been ready for review for about two weeks, but hasn't shifted to "under review."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:37 pm

I have been "under review" for over a month :( I think I smell WL or reject :cry:

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:39 pm

TruckerD wrote:I have been "under review" for over a month :( I think I smell WL or reject :cry:
I wouldn't give up so quick. Pretty much all of the people they have admitted so far have been the auto-admit types. I'm noticing that very few borderline or questionable candidates have been admitted yet. I think those people who are borderline take a bit more consideration and debate, particularly if they have additional factors to consider (URM status, some great work experience, extenuating circumstances, etc). These people will probably be under review much longer, but that doesn't reflect on their chances of admission.

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:43 pm

dakatz wrote:
TruckerD wrote:I have been "under review" for over a month :( I think I smell WL or reject :cry:
I wouldn't give up so quick. Pretty much all of the people they have admitted so far have been the auto-admit types. I'm noticing that very few borderline or questionable candidates have been admitted yet. I think those people who are borderline take a bit more consideration and debate, particularly if they have additional factors to consider (URM status, some great work experience, extenuating circumstances, etc). These people will probably be under review much longer, but that doesn't reflect on their chances of admission.
What is considered "borderline", though? Both my numbers are above their 75th percentile. I think I'm being dinged on my PS. :(

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:44 pm

TruckerD wrote:
dakatz wrote:
What is considered "borderline", though? Both my numbers are above their 75th percentile. I think I'm being dinged on my PS. :(
Hmm, yeah, I forgot how solid your numbers are. Well, I don't know exactly what to tell you, but I hold out hope for you, and I know your gonna get into a bunch of great schools no matter what. Don't let these early acceptances worry you about your own chances.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

trojanfan06

New

Post by trojanfan06 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Applied regular decision, been under review for about a month. Should I be worried?

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:48 pm

dakatz wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
dakatz wrote:
Hmm, yeah, I forgot how solid your numbers are. Well, I don't know exactly what to tell you, but I hold out hope for you, and I know your gonna get into a bunch of great schools no matter what. Don't let these early acceptances worry you about your own chances.
Thank you for the vote of confidence. :) Believe me when I say when I went to take the LSAT, I was thinking the best I would do would be my local TTT. Who knew a lowly over the road truck driver could get into the T14! I wish you the very best in your cycle as well. :D I will be rooting for you!

Torvon

Bronze

Post by Torvon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:12 am

TruckerD wrote:
dakatz wrote:
Unless you purposefully crafted a horrible PS I don't think that is even possible. I'm sure it's a matter of YP. What are the chances that someone like you is actually going to attend Duke when you could get into a T5?

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:16 am

I'm sure this is a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway. What does YP stand for? Thanksss!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:18 am

starrydecisus wrote:I'm sure this is a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway. What does YP stand for? Thanksss!!
yield protection

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:53 am

Torvon wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
dakatz wrote:
Unless you purposefully crafted a horrible PS I don't think that is even possible. I'm sure it's a matter of YP. What are the chances that someone like you is actually going to attend Duke when you could get into a T5?
Actually very good, considering I have not applied to any of the T5, nor am I going to. :D

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:54 am

TruckerD wrote:
Torvon wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
dakatz wrote:
Actually very good, considering I have not applied to any of the T5, nor am I going to. :D
Did you say something to that effect in an essay?

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:56 am

biv0ns wrote:
Did you say something to that effect in an essay?
Actually, no. I guess in hindsight I should have. :shock:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”