In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jsj83
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby jsj83 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:36 pm

ahstud4life wrote:my file finallly switched to "File Under Review"...not PT but ED. Hopefully that means a decision by the end of the week?


Perhaps. Though I am also ED and have been under review since the end of October and still no word...

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby cougarlive » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:47 pm

My file just switched to under review as well--not PT, ED, but RD. (sent 10/28 received 10/29). I'm hoping that they send some love my way after being wait listed last year...

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Veritas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:03 pm

cougarlive wrote:My file just switched to under review as well--not PT, ED, but RD. (sent 10/28 received 10/29). I'm hoping that they send some love my way after being wait listed last year...

I went into review today, too. Finally!!! :D RD

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby bighead715 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:08 pm

man ive been under review RD since 10/6 -- DING...

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby cougarlive » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Veritas wrote:
cougarlive wrote:My file just switched to under review as well--not PT, ED, but RD. (sent 10/28 received 10/29). I'm hoping that they send some love my way after being wait listed last year...

I went into review today, too. Finally!!! :D RD



Haha..good luck! (I know how you feel, I'm not usually the impatient type, but, after being stuck at "ready for review" for 16 days I'm anxious for them to at least start looking at my app.) :)

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Torvon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Am I still looking at a 10 calendar day wait for PT or is it taking 10 business days now?

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby 02082010 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:24 pm

bighead715 wrote:man ive been under review RD since 10/6 -- DING...

:shock: I've only been under review RD since 11/9 and I'm already getting anxious. I really don't expect any more decisions for me this cycle until mid-December. That doesn't mean I can't constantly look at status checkers and be unproductive though :D

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby wackjickham » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:27 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
bighead715 wrote:man ive been under review RD since 10/6 -- DING...

:shock: I've only been under review RD since 11/9 and I'm already getting anxious. I really don't expect any more decisions for me this cycle until mid-December. That doesn't mean I can't constantly look at status checkers and be unproductive though :D


10/19 here. I'm pretty sure it's a WL. People with my GPA and lower LSAT have been accepted. Why Duke, why?

duodora
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby duodora » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:36 pm

Anyone have any idea how long it takes between "under review" and "decision" for RD? Just went under review today, but I have a feeling it might be a while...

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby TruckerD » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:38 pm

wackjickham wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
bighead715 wrote:man ive been under review RD since 10/6 -- DING...

:shock: I've only been under review RD since 11/9 and I'm already getting anxious. I really don't expect any more decisions for me this cycle until mid-December. That doesn't mean I can't constantly look at status checkers and be unproductive though :D


10/19 here. I'm pretty sure it's a WL. People with my GPA and lower LSAT have been accepted. Why Duke, why?


+1 :cry:

tropskys
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby tropskys » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:42 pm

duodora wrote:Anyone have any idea how long it takes between "under review" and "decision" for RD? Just went under review today, but I have a feeling it might be a while...


From reading the posts in this thread looks like they might be jumping around. I am RD and went under review 10/9 and haven't heard anything yet (not yet expecting to). But I read someone else on here went under review at the end of October RD and has yet to hear anything either. PT people are supposed to hear back in 10 days, but I just read another RD person who submitted in October was already admitted. So I guess that means you may hear back soon if youre admitted and much later if they are taking more time to look at your app. :shock:

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby tamlyric » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:43 pm

Don't lose hope! :wink:

I am sure all of the RD people are getting bumped backward in the review process as more and more PT applications roll in and jump to the head of the line.

Here's to hoping. :D

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby 02082010 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:47 pm

I'm certainly not an autoadmit anywhere in the T20, but I'm graduating in December, only taking two classes, and have a pretty large amount of free time. What else would I have to do but worry? :?

tropskys
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby tropskys » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:56 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:I'm certainly not an autoadmit anywhere in the T20, but I'm graduating in December, only taking two classes, and have a pretty large amount of free time. What else would I have to do but worry? :?


Though I'm not in school anymore in my job I do research so I'm sitting at a computer all day. It takes minimal effort for me to do a status check on every single application I have submitted. Unfortunately I submitted most of my apps the last week in October so I have weeks of waiting. I check Duke the most because their status checker seems the most in "real time".

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:59 pm

Veritas wrote:I went into review today, too. Finally!!! :D RD

Me too! I love how all of our status' sync except you keep getting in places and I don't

User avatar
ahstud4life
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby ahstud4life » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 pm

tropskys wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:I'm certainly not an autoadmit anywhere in the T20, but I'm graduating in December, only taking two classes, and have a pretty large amount of free time. What else would I have to do but worry? :?


Though I'm not in school anymore in my job I do research so I'm sitting at a computer all day. It takes minimal effort for me to do a status check on every single application I have submitted. Unfortunately I submitted most of my apps the last week in October so I have weeks of waiting. I check Duke the most because their status checker seems the most in "real time".


haha ya, I "research" too. Which means I have a 3-times a day ritual where I get up and check all my status-checkers (nothing really ever changes). And then at lunch the same thing with LSAC check thrown in for good measure. And then a pre-bedtime check just in case some AdComms decided to change status' off the clock just to help neurotic law school applicants like me happy (or sad, depending).

User avatar
natalie123
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby natalie123 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:40 pm

For whoever asked above, yes, I did write the "Why Duke?" essay.

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby DallasCowboy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:47 pm

I didn't write one, but I personalized the PS a bit.

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby TheWire » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:53 pm

If for some unfortunate reason any of you haven't yet had the pleasure of using http://appstatus.globl.org/

enjoy!
(this has been used by TLSers since last yr)

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Veritas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:06 pm

puppins wrote:
Veritas wrote:I went into review today, too. Finally!!! :D RD

Me too! I love how all of our status' sync except you keep getting in places and I don't

:D yay, lol the small font part will be ending soon

User avatar
thisiswater1488
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby thisiswater1488 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:32 pm

In today. Email at 3:45 CST. 172/3.79. Did not write a "why duke."

MetsFan
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:14 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby MetsFan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:25 pm

whats dukes incentive for providing this option? won't this just hurt their yield ratios?

PrincessAJ
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:24 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby PrincessAJ » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:08 am

I'm an RD applicant (not PT) and the date on my status checker changed from "under review" on 11/2 to "under review" on 11/16....does this mean anything? or am i just obsessing?

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby tamlyric » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:14 am

PrincessAJ wrote:I'm an RD applicant (not PT) and the date on my status checker changed from "under review" on 11/2 to "under review" on 11/16....does this mean anything? or am i just obsessing?


You are obsessing--just like the rest of us. :wink: However, it also means something: probably that you'll get a decision within the next few days. Good luck! :D

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Torvon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Has anyone successfully deciphered whether there is some hidden meaning to the status date changing while file is under review? I read a couple posts saying that happened the day before they got their decision, has that usually been the case?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests