In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sneakersboy11
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby sneakersboy11 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:05 pm

In! Got the email earlier this evening.

squelp
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:02 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby squelp » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:11 pm

sneakersboy11 wrote:In! Got the email earlier this evening.


yay! congrats!

generals10
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:52 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby generals10 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:13 pm

VoidSix wrote:I don't know why Durham gets such a bad rap. It's really not a bad city at all. Definitely no worse than Charlottesville or Ann Arbor.


For what they are (college towns), I think you'd find few people with experience at both that say Durham = Cville...

User avatar
gotmilk?
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:25 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby gotmilk? » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:00 pm

Veritas wrote:people in California don't say "Cali" or refer to Fresno as Fresyes, you must be from the north.

Well yes, in fact, I am from "the north." Unlike most "northerners," though, I don't have an innate hatred for SoCal. But people up here do say "Cali," and when we make fun of my friends from Fresno, we do call it "Fresyes." So I don't know what to tell you.[/quote]

i'm from the bay and i don't have an innate hatred for socal, but i do like to give it a hard time. people i know don't say cali and i literally have never heard "fresyes" although i must admit it is a bit witty


why do i still not have an email from duke considering my status date changed to 11/10?!?!?! i wish this would just get cleared up...

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby panadera » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Under review for over a month. ANY decision would be nice by now.

P.S. Duke- if you let me in, I'll wear one of the dresses inspired by your buildings. PR gave you attention, give me some?

johndh
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby johndh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:27 pm

Just got accepted, probably a 90% chance I go. Email came at about 9:45 tonight.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby tamlyric » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:28 pm

johndh wrote:Just got accepted, probably a 90% chance I go. Email came at about 9:45 tonight.


Stats? Priority Track? Date complete? (And, of course, major congrats!)

User avatar
chinagator
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby chinagator » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:30 pm

LSN shows a 167, 3.75 got into Duke today. Guess that gives some hope to us fringe candidates.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby dakatz » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:32 pm

chinagator wrote:LSN shows a 167, 3.75 got into Duke today. Guess that gives some hope to us fringe candidates.


Good to know

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby tamlyric » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:45 pm

Oh Duke where art thou?

johndh
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby johndh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:11 am

tamlyric wrote:
johndh wrote:Just got accepted, probably a 90% chance I go. Email came at about 9:45 tonight.


Stats? Priority Track? Date complete? (And, of course, major congrats!)


Thank you, I was a 174 3.71. Not Priority Track, I have been complete for about a month.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:13 am

I predict an early morning Friday surprise from Duke for us who have been waiting :) .

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby tamlyric » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:15 am

Jericwithers wrote:I predict an early morning Friday surprise from Duke for us who have been waiting :) .


I hope you're right. And I hope it's the right kind of surprise. :wink:

User avatar
gotmilk?
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:25 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby gotmilk? » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:17 am

tamlyric wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I predict an early morning Friday surprise from Duke for us who have been waiting :) .


I hope you're right. And I hope it's the right kind of surprise. :wink:


agreed. i just want this over with.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:49 am

Decision made; you will be notified soon



:D :D !! Hallelujah!!

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Drew2010 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:54 am

johndh wrote:
tamlyric wrote:
johndh wrote:Just got accepted, probably a 90% chance I go. Email came at about 9:45 tonight.


Stats? Priority Track? Date complete? (And, of course, major congrats!)


Thank you, I was a 174 3.71. Not Priority Track, I have been complete for about a month.


First Congrats.. NC is a really great state, especially if you like outdoor activities...

Second, when you say complete for about a month do you mean under review for about a month? When did you go under review? For me it has been since 10/5, just trying to figure out how many other early October review people are still waiting for an answer

dms87
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby dms87 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Submitted 11/12 in the early AM.
PT, 171/3.75, wrote a "Why Duke?", based mostly off of my recent visit to Duke (my fiancee had an interview at UNC Dental School). We really loved it there.

"File Under Review" as of this morning. Hopefully I'll hear by Thanksgiving.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby tamlyric » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Decision made; you will be notified soon



:D :D !! Hallelujah!!


Good luck!!! I still got nada. :cry:

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:01 pm

tamlyric wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Decision made; you will be notified soon



:D :D !! Hallelujah!!


Good luck!!! I still got nada. :cry:


Don't worry; I'm sure we will get our acceptance emails at the same time. The only difference is that I have to wait 5 hours before getting mine lol.

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby michstudent10 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Been under review since 11/2... still no word!

User avatar
Rurik
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Rurik » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:03 pm

michstudent10 wrote:Been under review since 11/2... still no word!


lol

So 11 days so far? How's that treatin' ya?

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby dakatz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:08 pm

michstudent10 wrote:Been under review since 11/2... still no word!


You really expected to hear back after being under review for only 11 days? You are officially more impatient than I am. I don't at all expect to hear back for at least another 2 or 3 weeks. I went under the review the same day btw.

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Drew2010 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:11 pm

dakatz wrote:
michstudent10 wrote:Been under review since 11/2... still no word!


You really expected to hear back after being under review for only 11 days? You are officially more impatient than I am. I don't at all expect to hear back for at least another 2 or 3 weeks. I went under the review the same day btw.


Even 2 or 3 weeks might be wishful thinking... under review since 10/5

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby michstudent10 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Drew2010 wrote:
dakatz wrote:
michstudent10 wrote:Been under review since 11/2... still no word!


You really expected to hear back after being under review for only 11 days? You are officially more impatient than I am. I don't at all expect to hear back for at least another 2 or 3 weeks. I went under the review the same day btw.


Even 2 or 3 weeks might be wishful thinking... under review since 10/5


Hahaha ok ok, I know... I am seriously impatient, it's an issue. Haha I'll try and work on it. I just keep telling myself after one good acceptance at a school I'd love to be at and I will finally relax. Hopefully... :wink:

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby dakatz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:21 pm

michstudent10 wrote:
Drew2010 wrote:
dakatz wrote:
michstudent10 wrote:Been under review since 11/2... still no word!


You really expected to hear back after being under review for only 11 days? You are officially more impatient than I am. I don't at all expect to hear back for at least another 2 or 3 weeks. I went under the review the same day btw.


Even 2 or 3 weeks might be wishful thinking... under review since 10/5


Hahaha ok ok, I know... I am seriously impatient, it's an issue. Haha I'll try and work on it. I just keep telling myself after one good acceptance at a school I'd love to be at and I will finally relax. Hopefully... :wink:


Don't worry about it, we are all impatient. I was lucky enough to get one acceptance yesterday to a school I applied to as a safety. Wasn't one of the "big boys" but just getting a nice letter of acceptance did wonders to calm my nerves a bit. Hopefully you will get many of em real soon!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, bloomsday, Christinabruin, hyoung74, kadams, lawschoolbound2017, michelekfla, Mr. Bubbles, nume2016, PDX4343, premalone and 51 guests