In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jericwithers

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:46 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
Dear Mr. chicoalto:

Thank you for applying to Duke Law School. I am writing to provide an update on the status of your application.

We are approaching the deposit deadline for applicants who have already been admitted for our fall semester. Once these have been received, we will have a much clearer sense of the status of our class, and will evaluate whether we are able to make additional offers of admission from our waitlist.

In order to confirm your interest in being considered for a seat in the fall class, please complete this form online no later than Friday, April 23. Even if you have already contacted us regarding your continued interest, you must complete this form for full consideration.

Click here to confirm your interest in admission to Duke Law

Although we hope that you are still interested in the possibility of attending Duke, this form will also allow you to indicate that you wish to be removed from our waitlist.

I appreciate your interest in Duke Law School, and your patience through this lengthy admissions process. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Mark Hill
Director of Admissions

Interesting, just like Michigan's survey except that it comes at the end of the cycle and they only give you 2 days to complete it.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:47 pm

GoNU wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
Dear Mr. chicoalto:

Thank you for applying to Duke Law School. I am writing to provide an update on the status of your application.

We are approaching the deposit deadline for applicants who have already been admitted for our fall semester. Once these have been received, we will have a much clearer sense of the status of our class, and will evaluate whether we are able to make additional offers of admission from our waitlist.

In order to confirm your interest in being considered for a seat in the fall class, please complete this form online no later than Friday, April 23. Even if you have already contacted us regarding your continued interest, you must complete this form for full consideration.

Click here to confirm your interest in admission to Duke Law

Although we hope that you are still interested in the possibility of attending Duke, this form will also allow you to indicate that you wish to be removed from our waitlist.

I appreciate your interest in Duke Law School, and your patience through this lengthy admissions process. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Mark Hill
Director of Admissions

I got this also...did every1 on the WL get this or is this something special?

+1 Looks like everyone got it.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:53 pm

I hope they dip heavily into the w/l !

nowinGA

Postby nowinGA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:57 pm

+1

GoNU

Postby GoNU » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:58 pm

lol i see nowinGA and JKS on every waitlist thread! Cornell...Gtown..Duke..lol why wont they just let us INNNNN

Shellbelle

Postby Shellbelle » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:00 pm

+1 got it too. guess it's time to fire up the good 'ol LOCI

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 pm

GoNU wrote:lol i see nowinGA and JKS on every waitlist thread! Cornell...Gtown..Duke..lol why wont they just let us INNNNN

:) Right? I want to know what it is about my application that screams "WAITLIST ME!" Deep down I know it is because I have an compelling personal story and well-written statement and subpar-for-T14 numbers. I am just praying SOMEONE decides to love me.

nowinGA

Postby nowinGA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:06 pm

jks289 wrote:
GoNU wrote:lol i see nowinGA and JKS on every waitlist thread! Cornell...Gtown..Duke..lol why wont they just let us INNNNN

:) Right? I want to know what it is about my application that screams "WAITLIST ME!" Deep down I know it is because I have an compelling personal story and well-written statement and subpar-for-T14 numbers. I am just praying SOMEONE decides to love me.

Oh please. I haven't heard a WORD from Cornell ;) ...seriously. I recently went complete. Oy. I very recently found out from Duke (late last week) and it was a HUGE surprise. I was so focused on fighting the big fight with GULC!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:10 pm

nowinGA wrote:
jks289 wrote:

Oh please. I haven't heard a WORD from Cornell ;) ...seriously. I recently went complete. Oy. I very recently found out from Duke (late last week) and it was a HUGE surprise. I was so focused on fighting the big fight with GULC!

Surprise because you expected to be in at Duke or surprise you weren't dinged? I don't remember your numbers. I knew the WL was coming from everyone, but I did think Cornell might give me some love. I have to figure out what to write in my LOCI to Duke. I just feel like I am tapped out of material. I've talked about myself, the school, my family, my desire to go, the type of law I want to practice... everything. What's left but to say "I'm still here. Waiting. XoXo"

nowinGA

Postby nowinGA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:12 pm

jks289 wrote:
nowinGA wrote:
jks289 wrote:

Surprise because you expected to be in at Duke or surprise you weren't dinged? I don't remember your numbers. I knew the WL was coming from everyone, but I did think Cornell might give me some love. I have to figure out what to write in my LOCI to Duke. I just feel like I am tapped out of material. I've talked about myself, the school, my family, my desire to go, the type of law I want to practice... everything. What's left but to say "I'm still here. Waiting. XoXo"

Surprised I wasn't dinged.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:32 pm

Did anyone on the PR list receive the email from Mark Hill? Or was that email only sent to people on the WL?

itsirtou

Postby itsirtou » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 pm

I got the waitlist email today too. I decided to just go ahead and withdraw. :) Good luck, everyone!

devilishangelrjp

Postby devilishangelrjp » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:24 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:I hope they dip heavily into the w/l !

I hope they dig deep too. They are my first choice. I was in the middle of my 2nd LOCI when I got the email...

I REALLY want Duke.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:27 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:

I hope they dig deep too. They are my first choice. I was in the middle of my 2nd LOCI when I got the email...

I REALLY want Duke.

I hope you get it. Just keep pressing on! The deposit deadline is RECEIVED BY the 30th, so you should see some movement in May.

weee

Postby weee » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:35 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:Did anyone on the PR list receive the email from Mark Hill? Or was that email only sent to people on the WL?

I'm PR, haven't heard a peep in a long long time, I sort of even forgot I'm still not officially done w/ the Duke app process.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:03 pm

weee wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:Did anyone on the PR list receive the email from Mark Hill? Or was that email only sent to people on the WL?

I'm PR, haven't heard a peep in a long long time, I sort of even forgot I'm still not officially done w/ the Duke app process.

Just got the email from Mark Hill asking whether I would like to remain on PR. Email states that if accepted before the Apr 30th seat deposit deadline, we will have until the 30th to send in our deposit. If accepted after the 30th, we will have 48 hours to decide. I wonder how much movement there is going to be from the PR list...

ilovelamp18

Postby ilovelamp18 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm

[/quote]
Email states that if accepted before the Apr 30th seat deposit deadline, we will have until the 30th to send in our deposit. If accepted after the 30th, we will have 48 hours to decide. I wonder how much movement there is going to be from the PR list...[/quote]

Just got that email this morning too but mine did not state this. Is that strange?

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:14 pm

ilovelamp18 wrote:

Email states that if accepted before the Apr 30th seat deposit deadline, we will have until the 30th to send in our deposit. If accepted after the 30th, we will have 48 hours to decide. I wonder how much movement there is going to be from the PR list...[/quote]

Just got that email this morning too but mine did not state this. Is that strange?[/quote]
I think that the info about deposits was not in the email but in the link that you clicked on to either accept your positiion on PR or withdraw from the PR list. Sorry about the confusion!

ilovelamp18

Postby ilovelamp18 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:44 pm

gotcha... see it now

mayosmith

Postby mayosmith » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:30 pm

itsirtou wrote:I got the waitlist email today too. I decided to just go ahead and withdraw. :) Good luck, everyone!

+1.

RhubarbPie

Postby RhubarbPie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:35 pm

I got the PR email, as well.

lawschoollll

Postby lawschoollll » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:57 pm

WL email just now. Pretty indifferent.

terpette

Postby terpette » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:01 pm

+1000

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Just got the rejection email. I really couldn't care about this one, as one trip to Durham was enough to dissuade me from attending. Yet, it's another application where the result doesn't comport with what would have been expected. I might have to call LSAC and have them confirm that they didn't tell me my LSAT is ten points higher than what it really is.

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:23 pm

pertristis wrote:Just got the rejection email. I really couldn't care about this one, as one trip to Durham was enough to dissuade me from attending. Yet, it's another application where the result doesn't comport with what would have been expected. I might have to call LSAC and have them confirm that they didn't tell me my LSAT is ten points higher than what it really is.

Website still says what I thought it was. Oh well.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”