In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27894
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:01 pm

I'm confused. I thought I already got my acceptance letter.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kretzy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:16 pm

VoidSix wrote:I'm confused. I thought I already got my acceptance letter.


I had assumed I already received mine; I even returned their financial aid questionnaire. Unless they're sending something else as well.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby crackberry » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:32 pm

Kretzy wrote:
VoidSix wrote:I'm confused. I thought I already got my acceptance letter.


I had assumed I already received mine; I even returned their financial aid questionnaire. Unless they're sending something else as well.

Yeah that sounds strange. I definitely got an acceptance packet and also mailed back the scholarship form. I also got an email this morning from Dean Hoye telling me about an upcoming panel discussion in my area with Duke, Cornell, NYU and Stanford deans. I guess that makes more sense given that I wasn't ED and maybe he thinks hearing about Duke would convince me to go.

swmass
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:41 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby swmass » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Ha maybe some people already got snail mail letters. My mistake.

User avatar
bluedolphins
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:31 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby bluedolphins » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:47 pm

dk8 wrote:
bluedolphins wrote:
alirod12 wrote:In as well.


+1. Got the email 2 hours ago! I am so happy :)


Congrats you two. How long did it take them to get back to you?


My application was received on Oct 2. It went under review on Oct 5. Oct 5 is the date when the application is considered complete, according to Mark Hill. I received the decision on the 12th. So 7 days for me.

User avatar
BasketCaseBrief
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby BasketCaseBrief » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:33 pm

I call Bullshit. :roll:

Huge congrats to all the hard-working applicants who were really accepted! :D

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby catharsis » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:46 pm

has anyone beed admited via regular decision as of yet???

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby CyLaw » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:50 pm

catharsis wrote:has anyone beed admited via regular decision as of yet???


I have not heard of anyone on TLS being admitted RD yet for Duke. Some of us just switched to under review this week, and I think TruckerD was under review last week. So maybe soon.

rcnand888
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby rcnand888 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 pm

CyLaw wrote:
catharsis wrote:has anyone beed admited via regular decision as of yet???


I have not heard of anyone on TLS being admitted RD yet for Duke. Some of us just switched to under review this week, and I think TruckerD was under review last week. So maybe soon.


how long do you think it's going to take RD?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby CyLaw » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:31 pm

rcnand888 wrote:how long do you think it's going to take RD?


I'll tell you as soon as I hear. Just went under review yesterday (Complete 9/23). I am expecting to hear in the next two weeks if accepted. Much later if wait listed or rejected.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby panadera » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:57 pm

CyLaw wrote: I'll tell you as soon as I hear. Just went under review yesterday (Complete 9/23). I am expecting to hear in the next two weeks if accepted. Much later if wait listed or rejected.


What makes you think 2 weeks? I'm unaware of the whole process- is Duke's turnaround that quick? I've been under review for a week. Non PT.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby CyLaw » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:12 am

kpd-m wrote:What makes you think 2 weeks? I'm unaware of the whole process- is Duke's turnaround that quick? I've been under review for a week. Non PT.


Based on last years LSN data for non PT / non ED. First set of accepts were around the end of October for people with similar complete dates as myself. Like I said before, it is just want I expect, no idea when we will actually hear.

Edit: Also note that I said if I amaccepted, they seemed to hold off on waitlist and rejects for a while last year.

BTW, Congrats to all the PTers who have made it in so far.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby TruckerD » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:17 am

CyLaw wrote:
catharsis wrote:has anyone beed admited via regular decision as of yet???


I have not heard of anyone on TLS being admitted RD yet for Duke. Some of us just switched to under review this week, and I think TruckerD was under review last week. So maybe soon.


I went "under review" October 5th, but a weird thing happened. The date changed to the 12th yesterday. It still says it's under review though. I wonder, will that happen every week?

User avatar
casiotone
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby casiotone » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:23 pm

rcnand888 wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
catharsis wrote:has anyone beed admited via regular decision as of yet???


I have not heard of anyone on TLS being admitted RD yet for Duke. Some of us just switched to under review this week, and I think TruckerD was under review last week. So maybe soon.


how long do you think it's going to take RD?


i am RD and received an acceptance email last week. i went under review some time in mid-Sept (don't remember exact date), so i would peg it at around 3 weeks from under review to decision made.

fyi though, my under review status date (not the actual status) changed about a week before i got the acceptance.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby 02082010 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 pm

Any PT admits care to share their Why Duke with me? PLEASE

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27894
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:20 pm

I'll PM you when I'm not on campus.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby TruckerD » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:02 pm

casiotone wrote:
fyi though, my under review status date (not the actual status) changed about a week before i got the acceptance.


Now, I am nervous. I need a drink. :shock:

rabble
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:03 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby rabble » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:11 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Any PT admits care to share their Why Duke with me? PLEASE



I for one didn't write one and got an acceptance.

trojanfan06
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby trojanfan06 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 pm

I applied RD and am currently under review as well

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Lmao Zedong » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:24 pm

casiotone wrote:
i am RD and received an acceptance email last week. i went under review some time in mid-Sept (don't remember exact date), so i would peg it at around 3 weeks from under review to decision made.

fyi though, my under review status date (not the actual status) changed about a week before i got the acceptance.


were you non-PT? if so that's pretty quick turnaround

User avatar
onwisconsin25
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:09 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby onwisconsin25 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:43 am

I'm regular decision and I've been under review since October 6 so according to conventional wisdom it sounds like I should hear in about a week?

RhubarbPie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby RhubarbPie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:19 pm

I'm joining this thread. I am PT and went complete on Oct 13th. So hoping to hear before the 23rd. Assuming I'll hear early next week sometime. Keeping my fingers crossed.

User avatar
casiotone
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby casiotone » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:42 pm

GargamelITT wrote:were you non-PT? if so that's pretty quick turnaround


yes. was pleasantly surprised.

User avatar
JetstoRJC
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby JetstoRJC » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Applied on the 11th through PT. File has been "Under Review" since Monday. Seems like PT applications received almost an immediate response in September. Now it is taking closer to the full ten days. I am really hoping to hear this week....any guesses when I will receive the decision?

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby dk8 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:51 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:Applied on the 11th through PT. File has been "Under Review" since Monday. Seems like PT applications received almost an immediate response in September. Now it is taking closer to the full ten days. I am really hoping to hear this week....any guesses when I will receive the decision?


Been under review since Monday as well. I'm sure nobody outside the admissions decision makers could tell you when you'll receive a decision. 10 days is an incredibly quick turnaround; you'll know soon enough.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, Houzy, JosefK, Motionsinlemons, Nickel94 and 20 guests