In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby DallasCowboy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:09 pm

It's snowing here in Durham :shock:

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:30 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:It's snowing here in Durham :shock:


What are you doing in Durham? Also, it snowed here in Austin on Tuesday so I don't want to hear it lol. Apparantly no place is safe.

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby texaspecial88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:46 pm

I was recently put on the waitlist at Duke. I heard somewhere they have a priority waitlist. Do they ever dip into their normal waitlist? I figure my odds aren't too great as if I was put on their backup waitlist...

thoughts?

Applicant2010
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Applicant2010 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Letter arrived in CA - Sent 1/22

Numbers on LSN

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby smartblonde87 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:59 pm

blue5385 wrote:Got the acceptance email today after being UR with no change since 1/25....interesting.



Mind stat-sharing??? :)

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby blue5385 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:28 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:
blue5385 wrote:Got the acceptance email today after being UR with no change since 1/25....interesting.



Mind stat-sharing??? :)


sent via PM

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby nixxers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Withdrew today, throwing 90k back into the pot. Good luck guys!

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:58 pm

I was given a $67,500 scholarship from Duke but Chicago just offered me $75,000. When do you think I should send a letter to Duke? Also, should I make a counter-offer or just tell them about the offer? With $75k at Duke, I would still pick Chicago, so I dont know how to word the letter to let them know I will go there if the offer is around $100k or more.. any help in this regard would be great! (sorry if this is mentioned in a thread somewhere)

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:16 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I was given a $67,500 scholarship from Duke but Chicago just offered me $75,000. When do you think I should send a letter to Duke? Also, should I make a counter-offer or just tell them about the offer? With $75k at Duke, I would still pick Chicago, so I dont know how to word the letter to let them know I will go there if the offer is around $100k or more.. any help in this regard would be great! (sorry if this is mentioned in a thread somewhere)


Just let them know that value wise Chicago is greater than Duke at $75k, and it would take a further discount to put Duke on top.

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby thickfreakness » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:09 pm

"Decision made; you will be notified soon."

*gulp*

Here we go!

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm

thickfreakness wrote:"Decision made; you will be notified soon."

*gulp*

Here we go!


Good luck. If it makes you feel any better thats what mine said before I got accepted :wink:

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby clintonius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm

It's also what mine said before I made Priority Reserve.

User avatar
bwana73
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby bwana73 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:46 pm

... so I am assuming that if you have your "under review" status updated it means nothing. Is this correct?

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby TheWire » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm

For those keeping tabs, $72 000

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby astro1819 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Well, no news today, but hopefully tomorrow will shape up to be like last Friday (batch of rejections/waitlists and a few acceptances), so that at least the wait is over!!

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:19 pm

TheWire wrote:For those keeping tabs, $72 000


Oh, I guess thats me. Award recorded. Not enough to sway you from other options I take it?

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby TheWire » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
TheWire wrote:For those keeping tabs, $72 000


Oh, I guess thats me. Award recorded. Not enough to sway you from other options I take it?


I really don't know...there was a pretty legitimate NYU event in LA last night. I love both schools and may end up visiting both to get a feel. I wasn't expecting any more from Duke so they've been a complete class act thus far

legendwaitforitdairy
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:21 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby legendwaitforitdairy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:29 pm

ugh, stuck at in review: 12/14....applied late Oct....

T14forME
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby T14forME » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:56 pm

legendwaitforitdairy wrote:ugh, stuck at in review: 12/14....applied late Oct....


+1...except applied early Nov.

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby DallasCowboy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:00 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
DallasCowboy wrote:It's snowing here in Durham :shock:


What are you doing in Durham? Also, it snowed here in Austin on Tuesday so I don't want to hear it lol. Apparantly no place is safe.


Visiting :)

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:03 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
DallasCowboy wrote:It's snowing here in Durham :shock:


What are you doing in Durham? Also, it snowed here in Austin on Tuesday so I don't want to hear it lol. Apparantly no place is safe.


Visiting :)


I guess its only 8 hours from Florida (my extended family keeps threating to visit if I go there). How do you like it? Are you not going to the ASD then?

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby DallasCowboy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Comfort Inn= $60

Well I haven't been in the law school yet. I'm touring and sitting in on a class tomorrow. ASW: I'm unsure because I might rather be in Panama City. I put some impressions of Pinnacle in the '13 thread. I drove through campus and I really like the layout and look of the buildings. The law school is probably the least good-looking to me because it has a more modern look to it. The main disappointment was seeing rumors of the dorky undergrads confirmed, but who really cares?

User avatar
Quine
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:49 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Quine » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:28 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:Comfort Inn= $60

Well I haven't been in the law school yet. I'm touring and sitting in on a class tomorrow. ASW: I'm unsure because I might rather be in Panama City. I put some impressions of Pinnacle in the '13 thread. I drove through campus and I really like the layout and look of the buildings. The law school is probably the least good-looking to me because it has a more modern look to it. The main disappointment was seeing rumors of the dorky undergrads confirmed, but who really cares?


Me.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 pm

There are obnoxious undergrads at every university, so I don't think Duke is unique in that regard. My opinion might change though once I go visit lol.

User avatar
the_rad_trad
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Question for applicants/admitted: Anyone here apply to the dual JD/LLM program? That's what I applied for (although, with close to no hope of getting accepted or even WL).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, cd1945, cyclawps, Leahmealone, Smallville and 22 guests