In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
blue5385

Re: In at Duke!

Postby blue5385 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 pm

existenz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
Yeah, at this point I wouldn't even care if it was a WL or rejection because I have already gotten into other schools I preferred to Duke in the first place. I just think it's strange that they're waiting so long to do it, and I also want to cross a school off my list.

Withdraw then :P

No way. She deserves to have scholly leverage if she can get it.

Yes, and not to mention I paid a nonrefundable $70 fee for this decision. I at least want to know what it is before withdrawing :wink:

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:39 pm

blue5385 wrote:
existenz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
Yeah, at this point I wouldn't even care if it was a WL or rejection because I have already gotten into other schools I preferred to Duke in the first place. I just think it's strange that they're waiting so long to do it, and I also want to cross a school off my list.

Withdraw then :P

No way. She deserves to have scholly leverage if she can get it.

Yes, and not to mention I paid a nonrefundable $70 fee for this decision. I at least want to know what it is before withdrawing :wink:

Well if you paid for it then by all means you are owed a decision!

EDIT: Not trying to be a sarcastic asshole like my avatar, I actually feel the same way lol.
Last edited by Jericwithers on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundevil77

Postby sundevil77 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:53 pm

someones alt wrote:Scholarship offer mailed, form also received on the 21st. I hope it comes fast

+1

soullesswonder

Postby soullesswonder » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:10 pm

someones alt wrote:Scholarship offer mailed, form also received on the 21st. I hope it comes fast

sh - It's going be really tough for me to wait since I'm only a few hours away. I feel like a Wheel of Fortune contestant, watching the wheel spinning and mindlessly chanting, "Bigmoneybigmoneybigmoney!"

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:11 pm

soullesswonder wrote:

sh - It's going be really tough for me to wait since I'm only a few hours away. I feel like a Wheel of Fortune contestant, watching the wheel spinning and mindlessly chanting, "Bigmoneybigmoneybigmoney!"

I love to see the looks on the "big money big money" people's faces when they hit bankrupt or lose a turn.

louboutin

Postby louboutin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:21 pm

scholarship offer mailed, and they didn't receive the form till 1/06 either

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
blue5385 wrote:Yes, and not to mention I paid a nonrefundable $70 fee for this decision. I at least want to know what it is before withdrawing :wink:

Well if you paid for it then by all means you are owed a decision!

EDIT: Not trying to be a sarcastic asshole like my avatar, I actually feel the same way lol.

haha no worries, larry david is the man

wildbillkj

Postby wildbillkj » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:23 am

This waiting is rough, mine was mailed the 16th but still havent gotten it.
Im overseas though so hoping it will come by the end of the week.

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:53 am

boo jersey shore wrote:Did anybody else who had their scholarship app received on or before 1/21 NOT get a decision mailed to them yet?

Everyone else with my scholarship app received date got their's mailed in the last round, and mine was sent in this round, so you don't necessarily need to be worried (though I was freaking out til yesterday haha).

Also how long did it take people's letters to get to them??

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:02 am

maggiebre wrote:
boo jersey shore wrote:Did anybody else who had their scholarship app received on or before 1/21 NOT get a decision mailed to them yet?

Everyone else with my scholarship app received date got their's mailed in the last round, and mine was sent in this round, so you don't necessarily need to be worried (though I was freaking out til yesterday haha).

Tuesday-Friday here in Texas. 2 days everywhere else.

bubbagump

Postby bubbagump » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
maggiebre wrote:

Tuesday-Friday here in Texas. 2 days everywhere else.

2 days everywhere else... is that 2 days from the "Scholarship decision mailed" notification or 2 days from the date of the most recent status date?

My "Scholarship decision mailed" was 2/22 but then my status checker updated to 2/23 for some reason. I would love to get the offer today if the 2 days thing holds true from 2/22.

poprox

Postby poprox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Do you live east or west of the Mississippi? If you're out west, I doubt it would arrive only 2 days after the date it was sent.

bubbagump

Postby bubbagump » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:58 pm

poprox wrote:Do you live east or west of the Mississippi? If you're out west, I doubt it would arrive only 2 days after the date it was sent.

Philadelphia. I'd imagine i'm in that 2-day window, but when does the 2-day clock begin? 2/22 "Scholarship decision mailed"? or 2/23 status checker update?

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Last edited by Amelie on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

poprox

Postby poprox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:00 pm

bubbagump wrote:
poprox wrote:Do you live east or west of the Mississippi? If you're out west, I doubt it would arrive only 2 days after the date it was sent.

Philadelphia. I'd imagine i'm in that 2-day window, but when does the 2-day clock begin? 2/22 "Scholarship decision mailed"? or 2/23 status checker update?

2/22 scholarship decision mailed. They probably only update their system once a day (at midnight), so even though your letter was mailed on 2/22, the status checker app didn't receive the update until 2/23.

poprox

Postby poprox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:02 pm

maggiebre wrote:
bubbagump wrote:

Philly also, here's hoping we get some good news today :)

Good Luck!

bubbagump

Postby bubbagump » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:09 pm

poprox wrote:
maggiebre wrote:
bubbagump wrote:

Philly also, here's hoping we get some good news today :)

Good Luck!

I thought my LSN box was linked in my profile but it wasn't. It is now. Don't ask why the different names, but that is me. To answer your question (which disappeared?), Penn is a top choice for me for various reasons. I'm open to a lot, though, so money will matter.

sundevil77

Postby sundevil77 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Is this really the case? Don't planes fly overnight to deliver mail? It's not like they have to drive it across the country or something. At least that's what I'm hoping because I don't want to wait another day!

parker09

Postby parker09 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:16 pm

wildbillkj wrote:This waiting is rough, mine was mailed the 16th but still havent gotten it.
Im overseas though so hoping it will come by the end of the week.

Mine was mailed the 9th and I still haven't gotten it!

Being overseas sucks :evil:

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 pm

When they mailed out last Tuesday people in Cali had it Thursday. Just depends on how far you are and the time difference. Mine arrived 3 days from the day the status checker said it was mailed, and most everyone else had it in 2 days. Good luck stalking out your mailbox for the next 24 hours!

discobabe

Postby discobabe » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:41 pm

sundevil77 wrote:

+1

+1 :shock:

Applicant2010

Postby Applicant2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Any east coasters get a letter today? I'm on the west coast and want to know before I obsessively ask my wife to keep an eye out for the mail guy.

ranovr32

Postby ranovr32 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:13 pm

Booked ASW and hotel for two nights pretty excited.
Anyone else bringing a serious girlfriend/fiancee/wife with them? Is it cool to bring them to the dinners and stuff, I signed up for the Associatin of Significant others group dinner, so that I could bring her to that. Any thoughts? Any in the same position?

lz06

Postby lz06 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:25 pm

ranovr32 wrote:Booked ASW and hotel for two nights pretty excited.
Anyone else bringing a serious girlfriend/fiancee/wife with them? Is it cool to bring them to the dinners and stuff, I signed up for the Associatin of Significant others group dinner, so that I could bring her to that. Any thoughts? Any in the same position?

I'm bringing mine. I went to his ASW last year and it was normal, lots of people bring their SOs.

edit: association of signifigant others? lol what is that

dms87

Postby dms87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm

ranovr32 wrote:Booked ASW and hotel for two nights pretty excited.

Ooh, I'd really like to know this, as well. I'm getting married in June, and we're probably going to end up in NC - she got into UNC dental school down the street.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”