In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby nixxers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:19 pm

scholly info sent today *dances* we'll seeee

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby thickfreakness » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Scholarships have been going out a ton the last week and a half, but has there been any admission decision movement? I've been UR for a little bit now and I'm wondering when (or if) we'll get a wave of RD acceptances.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:43 pm

nixxers wrote:scholly info sent today *dances* we'll seeee

No Mordecai invite nixxers?

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby nixxers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:06 pm

crackberry wrote:
nixxers wrote:scholly info sent today *dances* we'll seeee

No Mordecai invite nixxers?


Sadly not. I probably should've written a Why Duke...

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:30 pm

I must be distracted from the sting at Berkley.

Anyone get their scholarships today? I'm trying to figure out a way to tell if the mailman hasn't come yet or if I didn't get anything today.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:45 pm

Dean's scholarship: $60,000 over three years.

169, 3.9

Scholarship form received: 10/16
Scholarship decision mailed: 2/16

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28284
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:46 pm

crackberry wrote:Dean's scholarship: $60,000 over three years.

169, 3.9

Scholarship form received: 10/16
Scholarship decision mailed: 2/16
Withdrawal Notification mailed: 2/18


FTFY

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:46 pm

crackberry wrote:Dean's scholarship: $60,000 over three years.

169, 3.9

Scholarship form received: 10/16
Scholarship decision mailed: 2/16


Too bad, but I would be so exicited with that ammount (hint to Duke).

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:Dean's scholarship: $60,000 over three years.

169, 3.9

Scholarship form received: 10/16
Scholarship decision mailed: 2/16
Withdrawal Notification mailed: 2/18


FTFY

About accurate. May not get around to WDing today as I am very busy. Did you get $75K? Was that right?

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28284
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:Dean's scholarship: $60,000 over three years.

169, 3.9

Scholarship form received: 10/16
Scholarship decision mailed: 2/16
Withdrawal Notification mailed: 2/18


FTFY

About accurate. May not get around to WDing today as I am very busy. Did you get $75K? Was that right?


Yeah and I asked them if they'd give me 90k but only because I'd rather withdraw from UVA than Duke. Figure I should hang onto: A.) School that gives me the most money and B.) School that is my top choice if money were even in the chance that I don't get into Stanford and need to pick between the two.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:53 pm

Kronk wrote:Yeah and I asked them if they'd give me 90k but only because I'd rather withdraw from UVA than Duke. Figure I should hang onto: A.) School that gives me the most money and B.) School that is my top choice if money were even in the chance that I don't get into Stanford and need to pick between the two.

Just wondering, why is Duke > UVA for you?

Also, wait if $$ were even, Duke > Boalt/NYU/Chicago? I'm confused.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28284
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:00 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:Yeah and I asked them if they'd give me 90k but only because I'd rather withdraw from UVA than Duke. Figure I should hang onto: A.) School that gives me the most money and B.) School that is my top choice if money were even in the chance that I don't get into Stanford and need to pick between the two.

Just wondering, why is Duke > UVA for you?

Also, wait if $$ were even, Duke > Boalt/NYU/Chicago? I'm confused.



No I mean I will eventually hold onto one of Boalt / Chicago / NYU as my "top" choice (assuming I don't get into YS) if everything were even. And then I will hold on to my cheapest option, which is UVA currently, just in case I have a change of heart and decide to take the money and run (although right now I would have to say if I was going to the east coast anyway, I think I'd be a fool to not go to Chicago even if they didn't give me any aid).

I prefer Duke to UVA because of dual degree programs and my SO's ex-boyfriend goes to UVA med and I would probably want to sucker punch him if I ever saw him on campus.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28284
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Also, Duke has the most beautiful Chapel except for Stanford's. ;)

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:Yeah and I asked them if they'd give me 90k but only because I'd rather withdraw from UVA than Duke. Figure I should hang onto: A.) School that gives me the most money and B.) School that is my top choice if money were even in the chance that I don't get into Stanford and need to pick between the two.

Just wondering, why is Duke > UVA for you?

Also, wait if $$ were even, Duke > Boalt/NYU/Chicago? I'm confused.



No I mean I will eventually hold onto one of Boalt / Chicago / NYU as my "top" choice (assuming I don't get into YS) if everything were even. And then I will hold on to my cheapest option, which is UVA currently, just in case I have a change of heart and decide to take the money and run (although right now I would have to say if I was going to the east coast anyway, I think I'd be a fool to not go to Chicago even if they didn't give me any aid).

I prefer Duke to UVA because of dual degree programs and my SO's ex-boyfriend goes to UVA med and I would probably want to sucker punch him if I ever saw him on campus.

Ahh I get it. Cool. The Left Coast is the best coast, btw.

BoalTTT FTW.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Kronk wrote:Also, Duke has the most beautiful Chapel except for Stanford's. ;)

True.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:06 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:Also, Duke has the most beautiful Chapel except for Stanford's. ;)

True.


That was my reason for picking it. That and the monkies.

dms87
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby dms87 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Nothing here in Florida. Hopefully it comes tomorrow. (2/16 mailing date)
'grats to those who received theirs today, even if they aren't going to ultimately use it.

rapstar
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby rapstar » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:44 pm

$60,000

171, 3.9
DM 2/15

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby thickfreakness » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:45 pm

rapstar wrote:$60,000

171, 3.9
DM 2/15



Dayum. I haven't gotten in yet but those are my numbers and I'm hoping for 75k.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:47 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
rapstar wrote:$60,000

171, 3.9
DM 2/15



Dayum. I haven't gotten in yet but those are my numbers and I'm hoping for 75k.


do they do higher than 75k, other than the full ride?

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28284
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:48 pm

puppleberry finn wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
rapstar wrote:$60,000

171, 3.9
DM 2/15



Dayum. I haven't gotten in yet but those are my numbers and I'm hoping for 75k.


do they do higher than 75k, other than the full ride?


90k.

rapstar
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby rapstar » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:57 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
rapstar wrote:$60,000

171, 3.9
DM 2/15



Dayum. I haven't gotten in yet but those are my numbers and I'm hoping for 75k.


I was thinking I would get $67,500. I was planning on going if the offer was $75,000+.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:59 pm

Everyone seems to be getting less than they hoped for, but they also didn't write 'why duke' essays. I am hoping my essay will be my saving grace for getting a happy scholarship ammount. I wish I could go pick up my mail directly at the post office.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Everyone seems to be getting less than they hoped for, but they also didn't write 'why duke' essays. I am hoping my essay will be my saving grace for getting a happy scholarship ammount. I wish I could go pick up my mail directly at the post office.

I got more than I expected. With my numbers, I thought I'd get either $45K or $54K, but I got $60K. I wrote a Why Duke.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:08 pm

crackberry wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Everyone seems to be getting less than they hoped for, but they also didn't write 'why duke' essays. I am hoping my essay will be my saving grace for getting a happy scholarship ammount. I wish I could go pick up my mail directly at the post office.

I got more than I expected. With my numbers, I thought I'd get either $45K or $54K, but I got $60K. I wrote a Why Duke.


Yes, but you are also 2x the person I am (I measure people by law school acceptances). Besides that though out situation at Duke seems similar, so I can only hope I get equal treatment. You're in Cali, right? I guess the 4 hour difference explains why you got yours today




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Gaaooo, whodareswins and 6 guests