In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:04 pm

23fulltimecowboys wrote:did anyone who is PT request it?


yeah somebody earlier in this thread (or actually it may have been in a separate "duke PT" thread) said they had success with requesting PT. i'm not sure that's still an option though, especially if your app is already in

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28282
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:11 pm

I requested it and Dean Hoye emailed me the same day.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby oneforship » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:18 pm

VoidSix wrote:I requested it and Dean Hoye emailed me the same day.


Damn, I wish I had done this.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28282
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Yeah. I'd imagine if you're above 75ths, they would probably let you do it. You could try emailing him and asking him if they can put your application they've already received on the PT. Not sure if that would work. Tell them Duke is one of your top choices and has been for awhile or something.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby 02082010 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:54 pm

VoidSix wrote:Yeah. I'd imagine if you're above 75ths, they would probably let you do it. You could try emailing him and asking him if they can put your application they've already received on the PT. Not sure if that would work. Tell them Duke is one of your top choices and has been for awhile or something.


Is it fair to hate someone that you've never met just because you're jealous of their numbers?

Voidsix, I'm looking at you.

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:07 pm

VoidSix wrote:Tell them Duke is one of your top choices and has been for awhile or something.


saying something like this seems pretty disingenuous - if that's what it would take to get PT i'll be fine with just waiting

lawblahblah
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:36 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby lawblahblah » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:44 pm

CyLaw wrote:
lawblahblah wrote:I just realized that some of the credits from summer classes were not on my transcript, so I am going to send off a new one today and maybe that will be enough. My GPA is not that great but this kind of suprised me. Maybe it's something stange about my transcript I'm just not seeing or LORs, I have no idea.


Do you have a downward grade trend? A strong downward trend?

[Side Note: Great, now I posted in this thread and it will haunt me until I hear back from Duke :( and more so if I am rejected]


Pretty consistent grades, slight upward trend.

User avatar
LePingoSantamarinero
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby LePingoSantamarinero » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:45 pm

GargamelITT wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Tell them Duke is one of your top choices and has been for awhile or something.


saying something like this seems pretty disingenuous - if that's what it would take to get PT i'll be fine with just waiting


Very brave of you. It's nice to see someone here with some semblance of a moral compass. I commend your excellence, Garga!

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby CyLaw » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:45 pm

lawblahblah wrote:Pretty consistent grades, slight upward trend.


I was thinking that maybe if they saw a downward trend then they would want to see fall grades. But this is not the case.

I wish you luck. Do really well this semester :)

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28282
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Moral compass? Please. If Duke wasn't a top option of yours, why do you care if you're on the Priority Track? Get my drift? I wouldn't request PT if Duke wasn't a school I actually thought I might attend.

Aias
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:17 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Aias » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:06 pm

Did anyone not write a why Duke addendum with median numbers?

lsnoob
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:58 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby lsnoob » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:25 pm

"decision made; you will be contacted soon"

KansasSplitter
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby KansasSplitter » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:29 pm

lsnoob...ED I assume?

lsnoob
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:58 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby lsnoob » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:32 pm

sorry, should have clarified. i'm PT. went complete 9/30, "file under review" since 10/1

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:00 pm

For anyone on PT still waiting. This is to make you feel better. This is the PT for last year (excluding any URMs). The only reject from LSN was late in the game, so were the waitlists.

Image

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby crackberry » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:21 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:For anyone on PT still waiting. This is to make you feel better. This is the PT for last year (excluding any URMs). The only reject from LSN was late in the game, so were the waitlists.

Wow. 172, 3.9+ waitlisted? Musta had some problems with that app.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby panadera » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:27 pm

also a PT with a 162? It looks so sad way out by itself... and in red.

Jealous of the turn-around time for sure.
Last edited by panadera on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Veritas » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:01 pm

crackberry wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:For anyone on PT still waiting. This is to make you feel better. This is the PT for last year (excluding any URMs). The only reject from LSN was late in the game, so were the waitlists.

Wow. 172, 3.9+ waitlisted? Musta had some problems with that app.

unless it was YP

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28282
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:09 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Is it fair to hate someone that you've never met just because you're jealous of their numbers?

Voidsix, I'm looking at you.


No. It's absolutely unacceptable.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby crackberry » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Veritas wrote:
crackberry wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:For anyone on PT still waiting. This is to make you feel better. This is the PT for last year (excluding any URMs). The only reject from LSN was late in the game, so were the waitlists.

Wow. 172, 3.9+ waitlisted? Musta had some problems with that app.

unless it was YP

Yeah that would make sense if there weren't like 10 people with better numbers who were accepted. I mean 179, 3.7 was accepted, 172, 3.9+ was waitlisted. Seems odd.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:37 pm

Probably YP, but the app wasnt until Feb so that could also be it

lsnoob
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:58 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby lsnoob » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:34 pm

...
Last edited by lsnoob on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rabble
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:03 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby rabble » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:36 am

Does anybody know when the start sending out scholarship $$ for PT admits?

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28282
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:04 pm

Some email or the admitted student website or something said they do scholarships on a rolling basis beginning in January. I know from the past that Mordecai invites are sent out earlier than that, though.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby 02082010 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:30 pm

VoidSix wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Is it fair to hate someone that you've never met just because you're jealous of their numbers?

Voidsix, I'm looking at you.


No. It's absolutely unacceptable.


:(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BuyaLittleMercy, carlos_danger, crimsonknight, jstans, mccracal, premalone and 46 guests