In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28180
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:34 am

booboo wrote:What is going on in this thread?


Discussions on proper strategy in RPS.

LS18
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby LS18 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Priority Reserve. :( Found out tonight.

173/3.55

Is this equivalent to a WL?

User avatar
pearl_earrings
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby pearl_earrings » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 pm

LS18 wrote:Priority Reserve. :( Found out tonight.

173/3.55

Is this equivalent to a WL?

Sorry to hear that.. I feel your pain!
Check this thread out: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=104084
There hasn't been a ton of discussion yet, but at least it's something.

User avatar
UnitarySpace
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:18 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby UnitarySpace » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 am

Hello
Last edited by UnitarySpace on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby BioEBear2010 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:31 am

UnitarySpace wrote:Priority Reserve. Found out tonight.

172/3.9x.

You'll see me on lsn.

The yellow beacon amidst a sea of green.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:32 am

UnitarySpace wrote:Priority Reserve. Found out tonight.

172/3.9x.

You'll see me on lsn.


YP, ouch. Did you write a why duke?

User avatar
UnitarySpace
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:18 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby UnitarySpace » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:33 am

I love you sir.

Jericwithers: No why Duke.

squelp
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:02 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby squelp » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:04 am

I got my scholly offer from Duke: $48k over three years.

orphanarium
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby orphanarium » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:21 am

...
Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:33 pm

Rejection email this morning. Look out.

terpette
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby terpette » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:37 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:Rejection email this morning. Look out.


Oh nooo I'm so sorry! if you don't mind- will you PM me your stats and UR date? Just so I can be on the lookout.... so sorry again :( :( :(

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Amelie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:39 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:Rejection email this morning. Look out.


Sorry about the bad news :(

Also, does anyone know if all of the Mordecai's have been awarded?

User avatar
D Brooks
Posts: 585
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby D Brooks » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:41 pm

terpette wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:Rejection email this morning. Look out.


Oh nooo I'm so sorry! if you don't mind- will you PM me your stats and UR date? Just so I can be on the lookout.... so sorry again :( :( :(


+1.

Also, did you go to decision on status check prior to receiving the email?

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:43 pm

D Brooks wrote:
terpette wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:Rejection email this morning. Look out.


Oh nooo I'm so sorry! if you don't mind- will you PM me your stats and UR date? Just so I can be on the lookout.... so sorry again :( :( :(


+1.

Also, did you go to decision on status check prior to receiving the email?


No, I went UR in the first week of November and it didn't change once since then. I checked it after I got the email (11am EST) and it had changed to today's date with "Decision." I totally expected it, tbh.

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby toolshed » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Scholarship letter mailed today, hopefully will get down South this week. It all hinges on this number, Duke....no whammies.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28180
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:51 pm

How much would you need to attend?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby jks289 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:52 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
D Brooks wrote:
terpette wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:Rejection email this morning. Look out.


Oh nooo I'm so sorry! if you don't mind- will you PM me your stats and UR date? Just so I can be on the lookout.... so sorry again :( :( :(


+1.

Also, did you go to decision on status check prior to receiving the email?


No, I went UR in the first week of November and it didn't change once since then. I checked it after I got the email (11am EST) and it had changed to today's date with "Decision." I totally expected it, tbh.


Sorry to hear this. I retook the LSAT in Feb. I would be heartbroken to get the rejection two weeks before a new (hopefully better) score. I wonder if I should email them that a new score is forthcoming...

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby toolshed » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Kronk wrote:How much would you need to attend?


Somewhere north of Michigan's 45k. Duke is the better fit for my personal situation, but it would be hard to say no to Michigan if Duke's $ was equal or less.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28180
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:54 pm

toolshed wrote:
Kronk wrote:How much would you need to attend?


Somewhere north of Michigan's 45k. Duke is the better fit for my personal situation, but it would be hard to say no to Michigan if Duke's $ was equal or less.


Yeah, unless you want to stay in the South I guess.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:54 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby toolshed » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Kronk wrote:
toolshed wrote:
Kronk wrote:How much would you need to attend?


Somewhere north of Michigan's 45k. Duke is the better fit for my personal situation, but it would be hard to say no to Michigan if Duke's $ was equal or less.


Yeah, unless you want to stay in the South I guess.


Wouldn't mind the South, but not married to it.

Sauer Grapes wrote:When did Duke receive your scholarship application?


11/02, I believe.

User avatar
D Brooks
Posts: 585
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby D Brooks » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:57 pm

jks289 wrote:Sorry to hear this. I retook the LSAT in Feb. I would be heartbroken to get the rejection two weeks before a new (hopefully better) score. I wonder if I should email them that a new score is forthcoming...


I would.

User avatar
cutiewiddlebebe
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby cutiewiddlebebe » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:06 pm

After 15 weeks, my status changed today to read "Decision made; you will be notified soon."

Thoughts on what this might mean? Anything I can check on their site? What am I waiting for - email, letter?

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7119
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby los blancos » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:07 pm

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:After 15 weeks, my status changed today to read "Decision made; you will be notified soon."

Thoughts on what this might mean? Anything I can check on their site? What am I waiting for - email, letter?


Wait for the e-mail. Mine came about 0:30 after my status checker changed, but it varies.

Good luck!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Veritas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:15 pm

just got the WL email




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”