In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ranovr32

Bronze

Re: In at Duke!

Postby ranovr32 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:Just checked again and apparently my scholly was post dated to 2/15 as well lol

Good luck. I give it another week before I crack up and call them.

Thanks....

If I were you I would just go for it. Word of warning: I have called the Fin Aid office be prepared for some southern twang lol

Jericwithers

Gold

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:07 pm

ranovr32 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:Just checked again and apparently my scholly was post dated to 2/15 as well lol

Thanks....

If I were you I would just go for it. Word of warning: I have called the Fin Aid office be prepared for some southern twang lol

I have no problem with drawl, but I was totally unprepared when I called someone up at Cornell lol.

crackberry

Gold

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Scholarship form received 10/16, still nothing in the mail for me yet FWIW.

ranovr32

Bronze

Postby ranovr32 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Thanks....

I have no problem with drawl, but I was totally unprepared when I called someone up at Cornell lol.

hahahaha better luck next time perhaps

ranovr32

Bronze

Postby ranovr32 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:35 pm

crackberry wrote:Scholarship form received 10/16, still nothing in the mail for me yet FWIW.

Maybe they like all of us better?

crackberry

Gold

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:42 pm

ranovr32 wrote:
crackberry wrote:Scholarship form received 10/16, still nothing in the mail for me yet FWIW.

Maybe so. I'm not gonna go to Duke anyway. I don't care that much.

Jericwithers

Gold

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:52 pm

crackberry wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:

Boo withdraw then just in case they are doing paper rock scissors right now to see which one of us gets money :shock: .
.....Rock (hope I win).

crackberry

Gold

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
crackberry wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:

Boo withdraw then just in case they are doing paper rock scissors right now to see which one of us gets money :shock: .
.....Rock (hope I win).

All the cool kids know to throw paper first, cause all the novices start out with rock.

If I haven't had anything mailed to me by the end of next week, I'll call them. Once I don't get a full scholarship + awesome stipend, I'll withdraw.

Kronk

Diamond

Postby Kronk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:04 pm

All the expert kids throw rock twice in a row. The first one is an automatic draw and the second is a win.

crackberry

Gold

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Kronk wrote:All the expert kids throw rock twice in a row. The first one is an automatic draw and the second is a win.

First is auto-loss to me. You're down 1-0 in the best of three. hth

Jericwithers

Gold

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:12 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:All the expert kids throw rock twice in a row. The first one is an automatic draw and the second is a win.

False sense of security. Always let your enemy underestimate you.

Kronk

Diamond

Postby Kronk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:16 pm

crackberry wrote:

Well, not if they think you're experienced, and thus wouldn't throw rock like a novice. Then you throw rock and it's either a tie or a win.

crackberry

Gold

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Well, not if they think you're experienced, and thus wouldn't throw rock like a novice. Then you throw rock and it's either a tie or a win.

What? No. I would throw paper; you would throw rock. I'm up 1-0. hth

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Postby Sauer Grapes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kronk

Diamond

Postby Kronk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:21 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:

What? No. I would throw paper; you would throw rock. I'm up 1-0. hth

Well yeah, because I just told you I was going to throw rock. But if you knew I was a RPS expert, would you throw paper knowing that I probably wasn't going to throw rock?

crackberry

Gold

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Kronk wrote:Well yeah, because I just told you I was going to throw rock. But if you knew I was a RPS expert, would you throw paper knowing that I probably wasn't going to throw rock?

Ahh got it. If I knew you were RPS expert, I'd probably throw rock, thinking you'd throw scissors because you think I'd throw paper.

texaspecial88

Bronze

Postby texaspecial88 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Been complete at Duke since November. What does this mean?

Kronk

Diamond

Postby Kronk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:Well yeah, because I just told you I was going to throw rock. But if you knew I was a RPS expert, would you throw paper knowing that I probably wasn't going to throw rock?

Ahh got it. If I knew you were RPS expert, I'd probably throw rock, thinking you'd throw scissors because you think I'd throw paper.

Exactly. We're on the same page.

someones alt

Bronze

Postby someones alt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Shit I always just throw scissors. This is what separates the people in HYS from DCNG

Kronk

Diamond

Postby Kronk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:47 pm

someones alt wrote:Shit I always just throw scissors. This is what separates the people in HYS from DCNG

Well, if it makes you feel better, crack and I might mistake you for a regular novice and accidentally throw paper.

ranovr32

Bronze

Postby ranovr32 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:08 am

"I actually had a great experience calling Cornell. My CRS fee waiver wasn't showing up a week after receiving their mailing and the lady I spoke with was extremely polite and handled it on the spot."

I actually had to speak wth one of the admissions Dean's through email a few time regarding myapp they were really nice. I just can't see myself in Ithaca. Duke is better rated, places better pretty much everywhere and has a lower COL. Everything about Duke is better, I mean come on its the Harvard of the south lol

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Postby Sauer Grapes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:11 am

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Gold

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:12 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I have no problem with drawl, but I was totally unprepared when I called someone up at Cornell lol.

I actually had a great experience calling Cornell. My CRS fee waiver wasn't showing up a week after receiving their mailing and the lady I spoke with was extremely polite and handled it on the spot.

I wasn't saying I had an issue with someone at Cornell, I was trying to say that I was unaware of what people up North souded like lol. People speak wierd everywhere, but in Duke it sounds a bit more like home.

ranovr32

Bronze

Postby ranovr32 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:13 am

Jericwithers wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I have no problem with drawl, but I was totally unprepared when I called someone up at Cornell lol.

I actually had a great experience calling Cornell. My CRS fee waiver wasn't showing up a week after receiving their mailing and the lady I spoke with was extremely polite and handled it on the spot.

I wasn't saying I had an issue with someone at Cornell, I was trying to say that I was unaware of what people up North souded like lol. People speak wierd everywhere, but in Duke it sounds a bit more like home.

Got ya Got ya, northern New York isn't really NY. The accent they have is closer to a mid west Cheese head accent. The real NY is about 10 square miles........

booboo

Silver

Postby booboo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:33 am

What is going on in this thread?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?