In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ranovr32

Re: In at Duke!

Postby ranovr32 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:Just checked again and apparently my scholly was post dated to 2/15 as well lol

Good luck. I give it another week before I crack up and call them.

Thanks....

If I were you I would just go for it. Word of warning: I have called the Fin Aid office be prepared for some southern twang lol

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:07 pm

ranovr32 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:Just checked again and apparently my scholly was post dated to 2/15 as well lol

Thanks....

If I were you I would just go for it. Word of warning: I have called the Fin Aid office be prepared for some southern twang lol

I have no problem with drawl, but I was totally unprepared when I called someone up at Cornell lol.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Scholarship form received 10/16, still nothing in the mail for me yet FWIW.

ranovr32

Postby ranovr32 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Thanks....

I have no problem with drawl, but I was totally unprepared when I called someone up at Cornell lol.

hahahaha better luck next time perhaps

ranovr32

Postby ranovr32 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:35 pm

crackberry wrote:Scholarship form received 10/16, still nothing in the mail for me yet FWIW.

Maybe they like all of us better?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:42 pm

ranovr32 wrote:
crackberry wrote:Scholarship form received 10/16, still nothing in the mail for me yet FWIW.

Maybe so. I'm not gonna go to Duke anyway. I don't care that much.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:52 pm

crackberry wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:

Boo withdraw then just in case they are doing paper rock scissors right now to see which one of us gets money :shock: .
.....Rock (hope I win).

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
crackberry wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:

Boo withdraw then just in case they are doing paper rock scissors right now to see which one of us gets money :shock: .
.....Rock (hope I win).

All the cool kids know to throw paper first, cause all the novices start out with rock.

If I haven't had anything mailed to me by the end of next week, I'll call them. Once I don't get a full scholarship + awesome stipend, I'll withdraw.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:04 pm

All the expert kids throw rock twice in a row. The first one is an automatic draw and the second is a win.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Kronk wrote:All the expert kids throw rock twice in a row. The first one is an automatic draw and the second is a win.

First is auto-loss to me. You're down 1-0 in the best of three. hth

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:12 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:All the expert kids throw rock twice in a row. The first one is an automatic draw and the second is a win.

False sense of security. Always let your enemy underestimate you.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:16 pm

crackberry wrote:

Well, not if they think you're experienced, and thus wouldn't throw rock like a novice. Then you throw rock and it's either a tie or a win.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Well, not if they think you're experienced, and thus wouldn't throw rock like a novice. Then you throw rock and it's either a tie or a win.

What? No. I would throw paper; you would throw rock. I'm up 1-0. hth

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:21 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:

What? No. I would throw paper; you would throw rock. I'm up 1-0. hth

Well yeah, because I just told you I was going to throw rock. But if you knew I was a RPS expert, would you throw paper knowing that I probably wasn't going to throw rock?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Kronk wrote:Well yeah, because I just told you I was going to throw rock. But if you knew I was a RPS expert, would you throw paper knowing that I probably wasn't going to throw rock?

Ahh got it. If I knew you were RPS expert, I'd probably throw rock, thinking you'd throw scissors because you think I'd throw paper.

texaspecial88

Postby texaspecial88 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Been complete at Duke since November. What does this mean?

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:Well yeah, because I just told you I was going to throw rock. But if you knew I was a RPS expert, would you throw paper knowing that I probably wasn't going to throw rock?

Ahh got it. If I knew you were RPS expert, I'd probably throw rock, thinking you'd throw scissors because you think I'd throw paper.

Exactly. We're on the same page.

someones alt

Postby someones alt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Shit I always just throw scissors. This is what separates the people in HYS from DCNG

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:47 pm

someones alt wrote:Shit I always just throw scissors. This is what separates the people in HYS from DCNG

Well, if it makes you feel better, crack and I might mistake you for a regular novice and accidentally throw paper.

ranovr32

Postby ranovr32 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:08 am

"I actually had a great experience calling Cornell. My CRS fee waiver wasn't showing up a week after receiving their mailing and the lady I spoke with was extremely polite and handled it on the spot."

I actually had to speak wth one of the admissions Dean's through email a few time regarding myapp they were really nice. I just can't see myself in Ithaca. Duke is better rated, places better pretty much everywhere and has a lower COL. Everything about Duke is better, I mean come on its the Harvard of the south lol

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:11 am

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:12 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I have no problem with drawl, but I was totally unprepared when I called someone up at Cornell lol.

I actually had a great experience calling Cornell. My CRS fee waiver wasn't showing up a week after receiving their mailing and the lady I spoke with was extremely polite and handled it on the spot.

I wasn't saying I had an issue with someone at Cornell, I was trying to say that I was unaware of what people up North souded like lol. People speak wierd everywhere, but in Duke it sounds a bit more like home.

ranovr32

Postby ranovr32 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:13 am

Jericwithers wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I have no problem with drawl, but I was totally unprepared when I called someone up at Cornell lol.

I actually had a great experience calling Cornell. My CRS fee waiver wasn't showing up a week after receiving their mailing and the lady I spoke with was extremely polite and handled it on the spot.

I wasn't saying I had an issue with someone at Cornell, I was trying to say that I was unaware of what people up North souded like lol. People speak wierd everywhere, but in Duke it sounds a bit more like home.

Got ya Got ya, northern New York isn't really NY. The accent they have is closer to a mid west Cheese head accent. The real NY is about 10 square miles........

booboo

Postby booboo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:33 am

What is going on in this thread?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”