In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jocelyne

Re: In at Duke!

Postby jocelyne » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:09 pm

UR 12/01 no movement since...should I be worried?

T14_Scholly

Postby T14_Scholly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:19 pm

jocelyne wrote:UR 12/01 no movement since...should I be worried?

You should be very, very worried. Historically, those who have been UR for more than 2-3 weeks have either been WLed or rejected. This would seem to indicate that when one's status checker changes to UR, it's possible your application has actually already been reviewed, since they presumably would not make all acceptance decisions within 2-3 weeks of seeing an application. Clearly there is a specific decision-making process that goes on behind the veil of the status checker, though, and it's evidenced by unmistakable trends in the amount of time that elapses between going "under review" on the status checker and receiving one's decision. Unfortunately, it's not looking good for you.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:26 pm

T14_Scholly wrote:

You should be very, very worried. Historically, those who have been UR for more than 2-3 weeks have either been WLed or rejected. This would seem to indicate that when one's status checker changes to UR, it's possible your application has actually already been reviewed, since they presumably would not make all acceptance decisions within 2-3 weeks of seeing an application. Clearly there is a specific decision-making process that goes on behind the veil of the status checker, though, and it's evidenced by unmistakable trends in the amount of time that elapses between going "under review" on the status checker and receiving one's decision. Unfortunately, it's not looking good for you.

T14 is a FLAME and a 'tard. Ignore this.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:27 pm

jks289 wrote:
T14_Scholly wrote:

T14 is a FLAME and a 'tard. Ignore this.

Dammit you beat me to it :lol: If you want some entertainment, read through that profile's older posts. The ignorance is either intentional or absolutely astounding. There needs to be a "watch" feature so TLSers can hunt this type of douchenozzle to extinction by showing up whenever and wherever they post on the forum.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Do we know when we're supposed to hear about scholarships? Hoping to get Duke to match my UVA offer but obviously want to wait to see what they offer in the first place.

I'm tempted to call and ask next week, but obviously you should do it instead.

I got a letter from them today and was like, sweet! maybe it's a scholarship!

sigh. wasn't.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:47 pm

puppins wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Do we know when we're supposed to hear about scholarships? Hoping to get Duke to match my UVA offer but obviously want to wait to see what they offer in the first place.

I'm tempted to call and ask next week, but obviously you should do it instead.

I got a letter from them today and was like, sweet! maybe it's a scholarship!

sigh. wasn't.

I would be perfectly content never getting an update from Duke again. Teases.

legallybrunette16

Postby legallybrunette16 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Duke is driving me crazy! I have been UR since 11/2!!!!! i haven't heard a peep! :shock:

mayosmith

Postby mayosmith » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:35 pm

VoidSix wrote:I would be perfectly content never getting an update from Duke again. Teases.

Did anyone else get the huge acceptance packet-sized envelope, only to open it and see nothing but a fresh copy of Duke Law magazine?

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Would you go there over UVa ceteris paribus?

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:38 pm

mayosmith wrote:
VoidSix wrote:I would be perfectly content never getting an update from Duke again. Teases.

Did anyone else get the huge acceptance packet-sized envelope, only to open it and see nothing but a fresh copy of Duke Law magazine?

That would SUCK. Though I do believe that they inform everyone via e-mail first.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:39 pm

boilercat wrote:
mayosmith wrote:

That would SUCK. Though I do believe that they inform everyone via e-mail first.

Yeah, I got that. I thought it was a Mordecai invitation. How young and naive I was.

Boiler--why do you say they do it by email? Is that posted on their website / you've heard about it in the past?

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:41 pm

VoidSix wrote:
boilercat wrote:
mayosmith wrote:

Yeah, I got that. I thought it was a Mordecai invitation. How young and naive I was.

Boiler--why do you say they do it by email? Is that posted on their website / you've heard about it in the past?

Are we talking about acceptances or $$$?

I was under the impression that all acceptances were via e-mail. Dunno about $$$

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:43 pm

We're talking about $$$. A little after we got our acceptance packages, they sent out a Duke Law Journal or something like that. Big tease.

jocelyne

Postby jocelyne » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:11 pm

I am staring at my email inbox...anytime now...

Anyone else still UR? Seems like Duke hasn't taken a look at any of us (<169) yet...

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Oh Duke Law Weekly. I die a little on the inside when you fill my inbox.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Oh Duke Law Weekly. I die a little on the inside when you fill my inbox.

+1.

lz06

Postby lz06 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Called again today about scholarships because I'm obsessed and they said "within the next 2 weeks"..which they told me like 3 weeks ago. bah!

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:45 pm

lz06 wrote:Called again today about scholarships because I'm obsessed and they said "within the next 2 weeks"..which they told me like 3 weeks ago. bah!

:lol: They said the same thing to me about 2 weeks ago.

astro1819

Postby astro1819 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm

jocelyne wrote:I am staring at my email inbox...anytime now...

Anyone else still UR? Seems like Duke hasn't taken a look at any of us (<169) yet...

Yeah, no movement...though I assume we'll see some action in the next two weeks (Especially after the deadline on Feb. 15th). I just hope they reach below for non-URMs, and put nice weight on >75% GPAs. Crossing fingers...

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:16 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
lz06 wrote:Called again today about scholarships because I'm obsessed and they said "within the next 2 weeks"..which they told me like 3 weeks ago. bah!

lol terrible. I just want to know already

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:17 pm

puppins wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:

+1. I'd like to know so I can ask them to reconsider and give me more. :twisted:

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Still haven't gone under review. Complete for nearly a month. I don't know what to do.

lz06

Postby lz06 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:35 pm

VoidSix wrote:
puppins wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:

+1. I'd like to know so I can ask them to reconsider and give me more. :twisted:

Yep same here. I have personal reasons for wanting to go to Duke, but they would have to match my 90k from UVA to make me seriously consider going

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:47 pm

lz06 wrote:Yep same here. I have personal reasons for wanting to go to Duke, but they would have to match my 90k from UVA to make me seriously consider going

+1 to everything above. I highly prefer Duke to UVA, but really need that 90K if I'm going to attend.

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Withdrew in hopes that my spot will go to another TLS-er. Best of luck to everybody.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”