In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thickfreakness

Re: In at Duke!

Postby thickfreakness » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:00 am

I'm aware that there's a separate scholarship application for Duke. For those of you that have been admitted, what's the deadline on returning the form? Does is specify a date when scholarship decisions are made?

someones alt

Postby someones alt » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:15 pm

thickfreakness wrote:I'm aware that there's a separate scholarship application for Duke. For those of you that have been admitted, what's the deadline on returning the form? Does is specify a date when scholarship decisions are made?

It doesn't specify a deadline for return either on the form or the admissions website, but it does say scholarship notifications will be made on a rolling basis starting in January. I called in mid January (around the 14th) and they said the committee was going to meet for the first time the next week to determine scholarships. Doesn't appear that anyone here has received an offer yet.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:20 pm

someones alt wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:I'm aware that there's a separate scholarship application for Duke. For those of you that have been admitted, what's the deadline on returning the form? Does is specify a date when scholarship decisions are made?

It doesn't specify a deadline for return either on the form or the admissions website, but it does say scholarship notifications will be made on a rolling basis starting in January. I called in mid January (around the 14th) and they said the committee was going to meet for the first time the next week to determine scholarships. Doesn't appear that anyone here has received an offer yet.

I submitted mine when I first got in... I think around Thanksgiving? and I haven't heard anything yet.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:31 pm

I think it's March 1. Not sure about the second question.

neimanmarxist

Postby neimanmarxist » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:39 pm

hi! excited to be joining this thread :)

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:41 pm

boilercat wrote:

so Duke doesn't automatically consider someone for merit aid?

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:46 pm

sarlis wrote:
boilercat wrote:

No you have to apply.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:47 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
sarlis wrote:
boilercat wrote:

No you have to apply.

fuck. thanks for the info

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:54 pm

sarlis wrote:thanks for the info

Your welcome. I don't think there is a deadline for applying for it though. The ASW says nothing about one.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:56 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
sarlis wrote:thanks for the info

Your welcome. I don't think there is a deadline for applying for it though. The ASW says nothing about one.

yeah i am not too worried at this point, because i have not been accepted yet. still UR.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm getting the acceptance package later today so I'll let you guys know.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:05 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:37 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Have to apply. I think deadline is march 1.

Can you show any proof of a deadline? Reading the accepted letter it says you aren't even officially accepted until the scholarship committee has reviewed you. This makes me think that you must send in a scholarship app, and they will accept them regardless of when they accepted you.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:26 pm

from the admitted e-mail:

Since you may qualify for a Duke Law scholarship, I encourage you to submit the application at your convenience, but no later than March 1, 2010. If you submit the scholarship application form, you may expect to receive your official admission and scholarship offer letter soon after the review of your scholarship application is completed. (If you do not plan to apply for scholarship assistance but wish to consider an offer of admission from Duke, please let us know so that we can officially admit you now.)

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:33 pm

TheWire wrote:from the admitted e-mail:

Since you may qualify for a Duke Law scholarship, I encourage you to submit the application at your convenience, but no later than March 1, 2010. If you submit the scholarship application form, you may expect to receive your official admission and scholarship offer letter soon after the review of your scholarship application is completed. (If you do not plan to apply for scholarship assistance but wish to consider an offer of admission from Duke, please let us know so that we can officially admit you now.)

Ah I lost that email, but that sucks for people admitted after March. I guess those people probably wouldn't get merit money anyways (no offense).

5ky

Postby 5ky » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:34 pm

TheWire wrote:from the admitted e-mail:

+1, my acceptance email also set a date of March 1st.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:03 pm

Well I'm getting nervous, then. I really hope they get my file under review soon...

Drew2010

Postby Drew2010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:59 am

Has anyone with an UR update to 1/28 heard anything?

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:59 am

Drew2010 wrote:Has anyone with an UR update to 1/28 heard anything?

Not I.

tylt13

Postby tylt13 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:03 am

oneforship wrote:

Not I.

I haven't either. I am trying to keep my hopes up, but I'm really starting to get worried that it's a rejection. Does anyone know how they've been rejecting people? Just wondering if they send it in snail mail a few days before the status changes to "decision rendered".

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:27 am

tylt13 wrote:
oneforship wrote:

Not I.

I haven't either. I am trying to keep my hopes up, but I'm really starting to get worried that it's a rejection. Does anyone know how they've been rejecting people? Just wondering if they send it in snail mail a few days before the status changes to "decision rendered".

Nothing here, either.

roundabout

Postby roundabout » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 am

aimhigh09 wrote:
tylt13 wrote:
oneforship wrote:

Not I.

Nothing here, either.

Me either- I was UR 1/29. I applied for the joint JD/LLM with a summer start, so hoping to hear soon.

Any other JD/LLMs hear back?

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:56 am

roundabout wrote:Me either- I was UR 1/29. I applied for the joint JD/LLM with a summer start, so hoping to hear soon.

Not I. Still UR 12/14.

hhg

Postby hhg » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:58 am

roundabout wrote:
aimhigh09 wrote:
Nothing here, either.

Me either- I was UR 1/29. I applied for the joint JD/LLM with a summer start, so hoping to hear soon.

nope. i applied jd/llm in the first week of nov and was ur 14 dec...

terpette

Postby terpette » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:10 am

Under review today, 2/1/2010. :shock: beyond nervous.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”