In at Duke! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jericwithers

Gold

Re: In at Duke!

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:52 am

pearl_earrings wrote:How long before priority reserve files are reviewed again? Will it show up on my status checker?
I wrote a LOCI... but I'm still waiting on an extra LOR to send in. I'm nervous that they'll reject me before LSAC receives the letter. I don't really have anything else to send in - I've already graduated, I wrote a Why Duke...
I think I saw a PR invite get accepted a week or so after being put on PR.

slb052

New

Post by slb052 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:16 am

So I have a question.... I applied to duke on a relative whim, but have since done a lot more research and find myself loving it more and more. The problem is I didn't write a Why Duke? or anything special on my app. Now I'm wondering if I should send them additional materials or if that's a bad idea (or even possible) since I've been complete since 1/4. Basically just wondering if there's anything I can do at this point to boost my app. Any suggestions much appreciated. :)

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:21 am

slb052 wrote:So I have a question.... I applied to duke on a relative whim, but have since done a lot more research and find myself loving it more and more. The problem is I didn't write a Why Duke? or anything special on my app. Now I'm wondering if I should send them additional materials or if that's a bad idea (or even possible) since I've been complete since 1/4. Basically just wondering if there's anything I can do at this point to boost my app. Any suggestions much appreciated. :)
lol if you just went complete, you might not go under review until 2 days before classes start. you have plenty of time to write and email them a why duke essay

slb052

New

Post by slb052 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:30 am

talibkweli wrote:
slb052 wrote:So I have a question.... I applied to duke on a relative whim, but have since done a lot more research and find myself loving it more and more. The problem is I didn't write a Why Duke? or anything special on my app. Now I'm wondering if I should send them additional materials or if that's a bad idea (or even possible) since I've been complete since 1/4. Basically just wondering if there's anything I can do at this point to boost my app. Any suggestions much appreciated. :)
lol if you just went complete, you might not go under review until 2 days before classes start. you have plenty of time to write and email them a why duke essay
Haha thanks.... I guess that's good news...ish. So I guess I have a long wait ahead of me, eh?

portena

Bronze

Post by portena » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Last fall I was invited to do PT and registered for it, but I ended up not applying. I just submitted my Duke application yesterday and my fee waiver was apparently still valid, although I never got anything offering me a new one this year...do you guys think that means I'm still on Priority Track, too?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Reedie

Bronze

Post by Reedie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm

In today via e-mail. PT, and this is my first acceptance. Thanks a ton Duke, I feel much better now!

(3.65/171).

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Reedie wrote:In today via e-mail. PT, and this is my first acceptance. Thanks a ton Duke, I feel much better now!

(3.65/171).
How long were you under review before you got your decision? I am also appying under Duke's PT and just recently went under review.

Reedie

Bronze

Post by Reedie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:13 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
Reedie wrote:In today via e-mail. PT, and this is my first acceptance. Thanks a ton Duke, I feel much better now!

(3.65/171).
How long were you under review before you got your decision? I am also appying under Duke's PT and just recently went under review.
8 days.

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Reedie wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:

(3.65/171).
8 days.
Thanks buddy. Looks like I have a lot more waiting before I get my decision.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:42 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
Reedie wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:

(3.65/171).
8 days.
Thanks buddy. Looks like I have a lot more waiting before I get my decision.
8 days isnt bad. I had to wait 10. Can you imagine waiting 10 whole days before knowing your decision?!

Reedie

Bronze

Post by Reedie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Jericwithers wrote: 8 days isnt bad. I had to wait 10. Can you imagine waiting 10 whole days before knowing your decision?!
lol

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Jericwithers wrote: 8 days isnt bad. I had to wait 10. Can you imagine waiting 10 whole days before knowing your decision?!
:evil: I'm going to assume you meant that to be inflammatory.

chizUFL

New

Post by chizUFL » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:50 pm

In today via e-mail! Thank you Duke Priority Track!

Submitted 1/4
Complete 1/5
Under Review 1/8
Accepted 1/13

Wish it was this easy everywhere.

Interestingly enough, I included a Why Duke for the heck of it and writing it actually moved Duke up on my list of school choices.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:01 pm

CyLaw wrote:
:evil: I'm going to assume you meant that to be inflammatory.
Wait...you mean this wait period isn't typical of all schools? I actually had a shorter wait at Texas, but it has been a very quiet 2 months since them though.
Congrats to those admitted; please don't take any scholarship money from me.

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Question for you folks:

I am at "File ready for review" via Duke status checker on 1/5/10. Do you know if I would still be able to submit a Why Duke essay? If yes, should I use the general admissions e-mail?

Thank you.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:32 pm

(3.65/171).

When did you submit?

I have very similar numbers to you. I submitted on Monday and was UR as of this morning.

Reedie

Bronze

Post by Reedie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:36 pm

boilercat wrote:

(3.65/171).

When did you submit?

I have very similar numbers to you. I submitted on Monday and was UR as of this morning.
I submitted at about 6pm pacific 1/4/10.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:37 pm

So can you still request Priority Track for your application, even this late in the cycle? How about if you've already submitted? My checker just says that I'm complete, but I really want to get a decision ASAP (who doesn't, obviously) and I feel like my numbers are very strong for Duke.

WhatUpKells

New

Post by WhatUpKells » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:46 pm

You can't submit PT after already applying, can you? I was being kind of an idiot and wasn't thinking about it when I applied in November... now I just want to hear a decision.

brewinbruin

New

Post by brewinbruin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:59 pm

i received an e-mail from Dean Hoye notifying me I was placed on priority reserve. this may have been discussed already, but can someone give me the lowdown on it?

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 pm

brewinbruin wrote:i received an e-mail from Dean Hoye notifying me I was placed on priority reserve. this may have been discussed already, but can someone give me the lowdown on it?
Mind sharing your stats? I'm on it too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

astro1819

Bronze

Post by astro1819 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Am I the only person on this board NOT applying PT??? I used to think PT was such a great idea...now I just want to stop being leapfrogged!

Come on Duke, I REALLY want to go to your school!

devilishangelrjp

Bronze

Post by devilishangelrjp » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:04 pm

astro1819 wrote:Am I the only person on this board NOT applying PT??? I used to think PT was such a great idea...now I just want to stop being leapfrogged!

Come on Duke, I REALLY want to go to your school!
+1

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:17 pm

I was looking at that old c/o2005 NLJ250 placement chart... Is Duke's placement as ridiculous as it seems to be on that chart? It placed ridiculously well in BigLaw and really well in Clerkships, too...

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:25 pm

boilercat wrote:I was looking at that old c/o2005 NLJ250 placement chart... Is Duke's placement as ridiculous as it seems to be on that chart? It placed ridiculously well in BigLaw and really well in Clerkships, too...
Even if it was, that was c/o 2005. I imagine the c/o 2010 will be very different and c/o 2011 even more so (as I believe that is the class that just did OCI in '09, in the midst of a full-swing recession). It sucks that we have such a lag on employment data to make such important decisions about where we attend. Even c/o 2009 doesn't give us an accurate portrayal of our employment prospects because they OCIed for the most part, in 2007, before the shit hit the fan.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”