In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:47 pm

tridentz wrote:Thank you for your application to Duke University School of Law. I regret that we are unable to offer you admission to the 2010 entering class. We are sending this notification by e-mail so that you will receive your decision in a timely manner.

Every element of your application was carefully reviewed and evaluated in reaching a decision. Our decisions are difficult because the competition is quite intense for a limited number of spaces in the entering class. Duke is among the smallest of the national law schools, and we received many applications for each available seat. Unfortunately, we are simply unable to accommodate many fine candidates who are highly qualified and have been enthusiastically recommended.

I sincerely regret the disappointment that this decision may cause you. We appreciate your interest in Duke Law School, and wish you continued success in your academic and professional pursuits.

Sincerely,
Mark Hill
Director of Admissions


FUCK YOU...........



Hey, what do you know?! My application was also carefully reviewed and I was enthusiastically recommended!....Wait... :x

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby wackjickham » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Is this our first round of rejections? I'm still UR and have been for freaking ever. Since 10/19 with one date update to 12/9.

User avatar
gossipgirl
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:25 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby gossipgirl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:50 pm

wackjickham wrote:Is this our first round of rejections? I'm still UR and have been for freaking ever. Since 10/19 with one date update to 12/9.


+1

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby UFMatt » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Sorry to everyone who has been rejected today by email. If you don't mind my asking, were you ED or RD?

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:00 pm

UFMatt wrote:Sorry to everyone who has been rejected today by email. If you don't mind my asking, were you ED or RD?


ED

FZJ80
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby FZJ80 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Hey all, sorry for so much bad news today. I lucked out I suppose, got accepted to Duke Law today! Dean Hoye sent me a nice personal email :)

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Rejected here, too. ED.

Knew it was coming.

junebug99
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby junebug99 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Waitlisted today. ED

User avatar
Celibidache
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:10 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Celibidache » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:17 pm

To hell with Duke. Shitty ass turd school cuntjob licker slob.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby danidancer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 pm

FINALLY under review as well.

User avatar
strandm2
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby strandm2 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Decision made, you will be notified soon.

I went complete on 11/4. Nothing in my email inbox yet, just waiting...

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Kiersten1985 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Deleted: I'm mixing up my status checkers
Last edited by Kiersten1985 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Still 11/9 here.

hermione0901
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:49 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby hermione0901 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:18 pm

Status checker changed to "Decision made. You will be notified soon" today, early morning. No email as of 6:18pm eastern time. Thoughts?

User avatar
hhg
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby hhg » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 pm

hermione0901 wrote:Status checker changed to "Decision made. You will be notified soon" today, early morning. No email as of 6:18pm eastern time. Thoughts?


i would be thinking "oh my gosh i'm gonna lose my mind. tell me tell me tell me." that's my thought.

knows11
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby knows11 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:42 pm

hermione0901 wrote:Status checker changed to "Decision made. You will be notified soon" today, early morning. No email as of 6:18pm eastern time. Thoughts?


I remember reading back pages in this thread that some people would have that message and then would get the email at 9 PM. I'm sure you will hear soon and good luck on your decision.

By the way, are you ED or RD?

hermione0901
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:49 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby hermione0901 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:33 pm

knows11 wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:Status checker changed to "Decision made. You will be notified soon" today, early morning. No email as of 6:18pm eastern time. Thoughts?


I remember reading back pages in this thread that some people would have that message and then would get the email at 9 PM. I'm sure you will hear soon and good luck on your decision.

By the way, are you ED or RD?


RD. Thanks for the notice, I'll keep holding my breath.

User avatar
pearl_earrings
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby pearl_earrings » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:38 pm

hermione0901 wrote:
knows11 wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:Status checker changed to "Decision made. You will be notified soon" today, early morning. No email as of 6:18pm eastern time. Thoughts?


I remember reading back pages in this thread that some people would have that message and then would get the email at 9 PM. I'm sure you will hear soon and good luck on your decision.

By the way, are you ED or RD?


RD. Thanks for the notice, I'll keep holding my breath.


Exact same boat.
I'm holding my breath... I've heard that e-mails usually come around 5:30. Fingers crossed we won't have to wait until tomorrow. Good luck!

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby killuminati » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:29 pm

CyLaw wrote:YES. I'm Under Review...


Since 10/12 :(



+1

User avatar
strandm2
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby strandm2 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Just got the email-priority reserve, 3.93, 170/165

hermione0901
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:49 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby hermione0901 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:08 pm

I'm in!!!! Accepted by email a 9:06 central time tonight!!

johndh
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby johndh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:28 pm

hermione0901 wrote:I'm in!!!! Accepted by email a 9:06 central time tonight!!


Congrats

User avatar
strandm2
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby strandm2 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:33 pm

I was not priority track fyi, and the email included this:

Thank you for applying to Duke Law School. I am writing to inform you of the status of your application for admission. We have completed a thorough review of your application, and would like to offer you a space on our Priority Reserve list for this year's entering class.

I could not find any information on this on their website and most of the info on this site seems pertinent to PT applicants, with some conjecture as to whether this is really a deferral or a waitlist. Does anybody have any experience with this? Thank for your help.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:34 pm

strandm2 wrote:I was not priority track fyi, and the email included this:

Thank you for applying to Duke Law School. I am writing to inform you of the status of your application for admission. We have completed a thorough review of your application, and would like to offer you a space on our Priority Reserve list for this year's entering class.

I could not find any information on this on their website and most of the info on this site seems pertinent to PT applicants, with some conjecture as to whether this is really a deferral or a waitlist. Does anybody have any experience with this? Thank for your help.


Application/Complete/Review dates?

texasgirl22
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby texasgirl22 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:38 pm

whoa i cant believe you got priority reserve with those numbers! :shock:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests