In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
likeaspark

Re: In at Duke!

Postby likeaspark » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:42 am

Kretzy, you must not be from the South. :) Anything below 70 is too cold for me, thanks.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:45 am

likeaspark wrote:Kretzy, you must not be from the South. :) Anything below 70 is too cold for me, thanks.

Haha, Colorado plains. I love the cold.

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:46 am

likeaspark wrote:Kretzy, you must not be from the South. :) Anything below 70 is too cold for me, thanks.

+1

BlueHeel

Postby BlueHeel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:54 am

I really hope they get to some of us ED applicants this week. It looks as if we are next on the chopping block...

Lieut Kaffee

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:55 am

BlueHeel wrote:I really hope they get to some of us ED applicants this week. It looks as if we are next on the chopping block...

I really love that someone called BlueHeel is hoping to get into Duke.

BlueHeel

Postby BlueHeel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:56 am

LieutKaffee wrote:
BlueHeel wrote:I really hope they get to some of us ED applicants this week. It looks as if we are next on the chopping block...

I really love that someone called BlueHeel is hoping to get into Duke.

All Tarheel fans are closet Blue Devils!

jsj83

Postby jsj83 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:37 pm

I couldn't agree more!

Kojack

Postby Kojack » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:05 pm

Rand M. wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
tintin wrote:been UR since 10/25..... blahhhhhh. i assume that means a big FAIL at this point. anyone else still UR since around that time?

11/9.

+1

+180

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Kojack wrote:
Rand M. wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
tintin wrote:been UR since 10/25..... blahhhhhh. i assume that means a big FAIL at this point. anyone else still UR since around that time?

11/9.

+1

+180

Yup. 10/25 AND 11/25 Binding ED. JD/Ph.D. applicant.

jsj83

Postby jsj83 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:36 pm

I've been under review THREE different times now. Also ED and duel degree. Definitely feeling ultimate fail. sigh.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:41 pm

maggiebre wrote:
TheWire wrote:I have received my packet... I had a different question though:

In my acceptance letter, they encourage me to apply for a scholarship because "I may be eligible for one." Is this a generic thing sent to all accepted individuals or to individuals only in a certain number range or only to individuals that they actually feel are eligible?

Thanks! if others who received this will post their numbers it would helpful! Duke is a top top choice of mine and I want to see how legitimate of a shot I have at actually receiving a scholarship!

I got it, and I assumed that it was a generic letter that everyone received. Stats are 173/3.9 FWIW.

My letter read, "Don't bother applying for a scholarship. You're too impressive for us to let you slip through our fingers. You're getting a Mordecai." A few lines down was a picture of Kobe taking a deep J with the phrase "Count it!" and Dean Hoye's signature.

As for numbers, I am maggie in male form.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:47 pm

VoidSix wrote:
maggiebre wrote:
TheWire wrote:I have received my packet... I had a different question though:

In my acceptance letter, they encourage me to apply for a scholarship because "I may be eligible for one." Is this a generic thing sent to all accepted individuals or to individuals only in a certain number range or only to individuals that they actually feel are eligible?

Thanks! if others who received this will post their numbers it would helpful! Duke is a top top choice of mine and I want to see how legitimate of a shot I have at actually receiving a scholarship!

I got it, and I assumed that it was a generic letter that everyone received. Stats are 173/3.9 FWIW.

My letter read, "Don't bother applying for a scholarship. You're too impressive for us to let you slip through our fingers. You're getting a Mordecai." A few lines down was a picture of Kobe taking a deep J with the phrase "Count it!" and Dean Hoye's signature.

[strike]As for numbers,[/strike] I am maggie in male form.

I've never seen you both in the same (or any) room, at the same (or any) time.

Just saying.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Kretzy wrote:I've never seen you both in the same (or any) room, at the same (or any) time.

Just saying.

Did I mention I'm a diagnosed schizophrenic? Probably why they're throwing the Mordecai at me.

gmichaelbluth

Postby gmichaelbluth » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:54 pm

catharsis wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

How about 10/12 :( WL for sure.

Trucker I've been under review way before that even :oops: Crossing our fingers for us!!

Not necessarily--I'm in the same boat, but it looks like last year there were a handful of applicants who submitted early and received an acceptance in Jan/Feb (most with $ too):

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/symplyenfuego
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/310tvr
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/millerik
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/upinsmoke5
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/showNprove

So chins up fellow Oct URers!

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:58 pm

My sympathies go out to all you month+ UR people.

Just curious, has anyone else but me been "ready for review" for over a month now?

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Kretzy wrote:
VoidSix wrote:

[strike]As for numbers,[/strike] I am maggie in male form.

I've never seen you both in the same (or any) room, at the same (or any) time.

Just saying.

This made me lol

If only he were so lucky

Naliaka

Postby Naliaka » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:05 pm

I was admitted on 11/18 and still haven't received my admissions packet. How long do I wait before I call/email? I'm in northern NY if that means anything.

raisinbran

Postby raisinbran » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:05 pm

I've been UR since 10/14. My sense from skimming this thread is that this is unfortunate.

hermione0901

Postby hermione0901 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 am

I have been under review since 11/20, but my status date changed to 12/2 last week. Where is my news???? I hate the waiting.

ragnarok545

Postby ragnarok545 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:21 pm

I went complete at Duke on 11/3 and have been stuck at "File Ready for Review" since then. Stats are 3.5x/169. Anyone have a guess at what this means? Does Duke typically keep borderline people in pre-review purgatory til the end of the cycle (March/April) or is this just the actual backup of apps?

mxc

Postby mxc » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:26 pm

raisinbran wrote:I've been UR since 10/14. My sense from skimming this thread is that this is unfortunate.

This is not good news if true. :(

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:45 pm

ragnarok545 wrote:I went complete at Duke on 11/3 and have been stuck at "File Ready for Review" since then. Stats are 3.5x/169. Anyone have a guess at what this means? Does Duke typically keep borderline people in pre-review purgatory til the end of the cycle (March/April) or is this just the actual backup of apps?

Yea, no. I'm 178/3.58 (and admitted to nyu already so likely nothing glaringly off with my app) and been "file ready for review" since 11/4. I'm pretty sure I'm not borderline for Duke. Actually its quite annoying. Curious as to why I never got a PT offer. Also sitting around waiting at UVA and Michigan...

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm

ragnarok545 wrote:I went complete at Duke on 11/3 and have been stuck at "File Ready for Review" since then. Stats are 3.5x/169. Anyone have a guess at what this means? Does Duke typically keep borderline people in pre-review purgatory til the end of the cycle (March/April) or is this just the actual backup of apps?

I was thinking the same thing. I've been ready for review since 11/4. 169/3.66

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:51 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:

Yea, no. I'm 178/3.58 (and admitted to nyu already so likely nothing glaringly off with my app) and been "file ready for review" since 11/4. I'm pretty sure I'm not borderline for Duke. Actually its quite annoying. Curious as to why I never got a PT offer. Also sitting around waiting at UVA and Michigan...

I have the same GPA and an LSAT in the 99th percentile as well. I'm in at UVA, but that's probably because I'm in state. I'm an 'Admit' on LSP for both Michigan and Duke but I've yet to hear anything after submitting in early October for both. I know my GPA is at or below 25th for both but seriously? Am I really looking at a WL?

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:52 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:

I was "ready for review" for almost a month, then under review for less than a week before I was accepted... so don't worry about it.

And I'm also still waiting for UVA & Mich even though ppl who applied later than me / with lower numbers are getting in. The wait's killing me.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”