In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
starrydecisus

Re: In at Duke!

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:31 pm

Havaianas wrote:I LOVE priority track!

I wish I had done priority track :(

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:33 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:It's starting to get pretty annoying to see people that went complete almost a month after I did get decisions before I even go under review. I'm not PT, but my numbers equal "Admit" on LSP and constantly getting leapfrogged is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'm not even saying I need a decision, but some movement would be nice.

+
kinch wrote:Just got the acceptance package about a week after the email. The cool lanyard everyone was talking about sucks, but the duke law bookmark is the tits. Thing is seriously sick.

+
Havaianas wrote:I LOVE priority track!

=
--ImageRemoved--

panadera

Postby panadera » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:37 pm

+1. Under review 2 months from this Sunday. Buying myself a cookie bouquet as an 'anniversary' present.

Edit: Took out quote to shorten it.
Last edited by panadera on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:37 pm

+1 for AngryAvocado

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Helmholtz wrote:+1 for AngryAvocado

likeaspark

Postby likeaspark » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Hm....after browsing around on this thread, it seems really strange to me that the very day my application was sent to Duke (which was today), my file became complete AND is currently under review.

I am suddenly terrified by the implications of this. My numbers are fairly solid - 171/3.75, and I applied Priority Track, but I am by no means an auto admit. Anyone else think I should worried by this?

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:16 pm

Did anyone else who got their physical packet have something tailored to their interests? I talked about public interest in my app, and my letter talked about that, and so did the stuff they sent me. Do you think they have 2-3 versions of their form letter or is everyone being bombarded with PI info?

duodora

Postby duodora » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:58 pm

puppins wrote:Did anyone else who got their physical packet have something tailored to their interests? I talked about public interest in my app, and my letter talked about that, and so did the stuff they sent me. Do you think they have 2-3 versions of their form letter or is everyone being bombarded with PI info?

Hmm....mine says something like "The Committee also noted that you have a particular interest in environmental law and policy. As you will learn, Duke offers many opportunities to pursue that interest." They sort of mention environmental later but it's not really a focus or anything.

That probably wasn't particularly helpful...

bluedolphins

Postby bluedolphins » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:29 am

duodora wrote:
puppins wrote:Did anyone else who got their physical packet have something tailored to their interests? I talked about public interest in my app, and my letter talked about that, and so did the stuff they sent me. Do you think they have 2-3 versions of their form letter or is everyone being bombarded with PI info?

Hmm....mine says something like "The Committee also noted that you have a particular interest in environmental law and policy. As you will learn, Duke offers many opportunities to pursue that interest." They sort of mention environmental later but it's not really a focus or anything.

Mine says animal law and public interest law. The rest are the same.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:34 am

Animal law? That's interesting. What does that mean?

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:37 am

duodora wrote:

That's what mine says. It sounds like they have a few different versions of the letter.

hhg

Postby hhg » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:51 am

are any of the applicants for the jd/llm program that didn't apply pt under review yet? i'm still ready for review & am wondering if they're holding us for a bit so they can look at us as a group... that's what i keep telling myself anyway to make myself feel less bad that my file didn't cause them to get so excited that they just couldn't wait to open it.

lsathalon

Postby lsathalon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:49 am

How long has it typically been taking to go under review after "file ready for review?" I'm not priority track, 175, 3.66.
Any guesses on a timeline?

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:52 am

lsathalon wrote:How long has it typically been taking to go under review after "file ready for review?" I'm not priority track, 175, 3.66.

It took me almost a month to go under review... but then only days to get an acceptance.

likeaspark

Postby likeaspark » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:53 am

Application sent yesterday, file complete yesterday, under review yesterday, and under review date just changed to today. I am so, so, so nervous...

lsathalon wrote:How long has it typically been taking to go under review after "file ready for review?" I'm not priority track, 175, 3.66.

If you look back through this thread, timelines have been all over the board.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:00 pm

:( Still at UR since 10/12.

Why do I even bother checking my Status checkers?

lsathalon

Postby lsathalon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:02 pm

It took me almost a month to go under review... but then only days to get an acceptance.[/quote]

Thanks!

gossipgirl

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:09 pm

CyLaw wrote::( Still at UR since 10/12.

+1

You think we've been shunned to the bottom of the pile/random drawer in the officer/compost?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:12 pm

gossipgirl wrote:

+1

You think we've been shunned to the bottom of the pile/random drawer in the officer/compost?

My guess is that my application is now being used as bed liner for this guy at the Duke Lemur Center

--ImageRemoved--

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:22 pm

hhg wrote:are any of the applicants for the jd/llm program that didn't apply pt under review yet? i'm still ready for review & am wondering if they're holding us for a bit so they can look at us as a group... that's what i keep telling myself anyway to make myself feel less bad that my file didn't cause them to get so excited that they just couldn't wait to open it.

I'm JD/LLM, not PT, and still "ready for review." I like your theory actually, it makes sense.

tintin

Postby tintin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:24 pm

gossipgirl wrote:

+1

+2, been UR forever, usually I don't bother checking anymore.....seems like a lost cause at this point :(

likeaspark

Postby likeaspark » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Sorry all, I don't mean to sound like a jerk with my bizarrely fast review process at Duke :(

It seriously might make a difference that I originally "submitted" my application on 10/23, but my LORs weren't sent until yesterday.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:33 pm

likeaspark wrote:Sorry all, I don't mean to sound like a jerk with my bizarrely fast review process at Duke :(

It seriously might make a difference that I originally "submitted" my application on 10/23, but my LORs weren't sent until yesterday.

No worries. Duke actually is really fast for most people. It is borderline candidates like me that wait forever.

miamiman

Postby miamiman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:49 pm

mine has been in this cycle for a while, too. "in review" since what seems like mid october. is there any knowledge as to what is occuring at this time?

BlueHeel

Postby BlueHeel » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:53 pm

Is anyone that is still "In Review" an ED candidate?

Is there anyone that knows whether or not any ED cadidates have even been given their decisions?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”