In at Duke!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
taxman021
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby taxman021 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:01 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
taxman021 wrote:got the acceptance email just now!


congrats!

efffff.... i have to meet with my boss in like five minutes *be chill, gah.*



hahaha, i was on the phone with my boss when i got the email

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby iminlstrick » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:01 pm

congrats to both of you!!!

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:02 pm

CONGRATS!!!

taylor
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby taylor » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:12 pm

I just got in! Congrats to everyone else who got in too!

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby Drew2010 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:14 pm

For those accepted, did your status checker say File Under Review, or File Submitted for Review

taxman021
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby taxman021 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:25 pm

Drew2010 wrote:For those accepted, did your status checker say File Under Review, or File Submitted for Review



congrats all

um, it said like "decision made; you will be notified soon" for like a day for me; it was on "file under review" for a couple days though

zhlaw12345
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:18 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby zhlaw12345 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:02 pm

taylor wrote:I just got in! Congrats to everyone else who got in too!


+1

I got ""decision made; you will be notified soon" last night. Was nervous until I see the email now.

Congratulations, everyone.

User avatar
lawlover829
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby lawlover829 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:04 pm

I like how this is going to be the duke thread!

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:19 pm

lawlover829 wrote:I like how this is going to be the duke thread!


i feel like there's no better thread for it! The whole life of an admissions cycle right here, from first admit.

User avatar
lawlover829
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby lawlover829 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:20 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
lawlover829 wrote:I like how this is going to be the duke thread!


i feel like there's no better thread for it! The whole life of an admissions cycle right here, from first admit.


I know :)

User avatar
babaghanouj
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby babaghanouj » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Congrats everyone!

squelp
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:02 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby squelp » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Yes! Just got it! In at Duke!!

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby GeePee » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:57 pm

It's great to hear that priority track is making the lives of some students over the next 6 months much less stressful. Hands together for Duke in this pretty cool practice.

Oh and congratulations to all of the Class of 2013 already accepted to Duke! That's quite an accomplishment.

nparker
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:56 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby nparker » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Loved the "Welcome to Duke Law" subject line in the email.

Congrats everyone. Feels pretty good doesn't it?

User avatar
jm19
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby jm19 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:46 pm

GeePee wrote:It's great to hear that priority track is making the lives of some students over the next 6 months much less stressful. Hands together for Duke in this pretty cool practice.


I love this. Unless we do something horrific and get our offers revoked, the worst that can happen is that we'll end up at Duke.

I'm OK with that.

User avatar
triplecats
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby triplecats » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:10 pm

In as well. It made me very, very happy to get the email, since I would be more than happy with Duke.

Congratulations as well to all others who are in. :)

User avatar
lawlover829
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby lawlover829 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:20 pm

this is like a congrats fest. lol.

User avatar
triplecats
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby triplecats » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:47 pm

lawlover829 wrote:this is like a congrats fest. lol.


Hence why I started the Harvard rejection thread. I'd hate it if we got too optimistic.

Come join the fun!

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby gahthelaw » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:18 pm

lawlover829 wrote:this is like a congrats fest. lol.


seriously - "in at Duke!" is the feel good thread of the cycle.

User avatar
trc332
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:37 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby trc332 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:29 pm

So I applied priority track on Monday. My status was under review until today and it switched to "Additional information required." Does anyone know what they could need?

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby iminlstrick » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:31 pm

trc332 wrote:So I applied priority track on Monday. My status was under review until today and it switched to "Additional information required." Does anyone know what they could need?


Someone else PMed me with this question, so at least you're not the only PT-er dealing with this situation. Unfortunately I have no idea what it means. :(

User avatar
trc332
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:37 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby trc332 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Well hopefully I will find out soon. I was really hoping to hear from them this week.

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby toolshed » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:39 pm

iminlstrick wrote:
trc332 wrote:So I applied priority track on Monday. My status was under review until today and it switched to "Additional information required." Does anyone know what they could need?


Someone else PMed me with this question, so at least you're not the only PT-er dealing with this situation. Unfortunately I have no idea what it means. :(


I'm just taking a stab here, but some of us need a Dean's Cert for Duke, and the advice was to apply and then have your UG send it over. I'm guessing that may be what the additional info may be (in some cases...like mine).

User avatar
trc332
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:37 am

Re: In at Duke!

Postby trc332 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:42 pm

After reading the application instructions, it seemed like you only needed a dean's cert if you had to check yes for some kind of academic probation, but maybe so.

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: In at Duke!

Postby toolshed » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:43 pm

trc332 wrote:After reading the application instructions, it seemed like you only needed a dean's cert if you had to check yes for some kind of academic probation, but maybe so.


Guilty.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zoe107 and 4 guests