In at Duke! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
annabell

New

Re: In at Duke!

Post by annabell » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:53 pm

I really don't think that I would even qualify, but out of curiosity for those of you who were asked for Mordecai Interviews, when was that in relation to your admission decision? Do you think an interview invite is out of the question for someone still waiting on a decision?

jsj83

New

Post by jsj83 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Dear Duke -

Why, oh why can't you release some early decision results already?!?

:oops:

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:20 pm

I've officially given up on Duke. UR since 11/9.

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:23 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
ragnarok545 wrote:I went complete at Duke on 11/3 and have been stuck at "File Ready for Review" since then. Stats are 3.5x/169. Anyone have a guess at what this means? Does Duke typically keep borderline people in pre-review purgatory til the end of the cycle (March/April) or is this just the actual backup of apps?
Yea, no. I'm 178/3.58 (and admitted to nyu already so likely nothing glaringly off with my app) and been "file ready for review" since 11/4. I'm pretty sure I'm not borderline for Duke. Actually its quite annoying. Curious as to why I never got a PT offer. Also sitting around waiting at UVA and Michigan...
I could be totally off-base but maybe they're holding you BECAUSE you're so good. Perhaps they're afraid you ED'ed somewhere better (to me, there is no where better, but obviously USNWR has different views) haha :mrgreen:

jsanchez13

New

Post by jsanchez13 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Anybody else get contacted to come in for an on-campus interview? I applied ED to JD/LLM. Contacted by admissions to come in for an interview on the 18th of December, but my status is still UR.

I don't know whether to be worried or have some hope of acceptance. Ideas?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:13 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
ragnarok545 wrote:I went complete at Duke on 11/3 and have been stuck at "File Ready for Review" since then. Stats are 3.5x/169. Anyone have a guess at what this means? Does Duke typically keep borderline people in pre-review purgatory til the end of the cycle (March/April) or is this just the actual backup of apps?
Yea, no. I'm 178/3.58 (and admitted to nyu already so likely nothing glaringly off with my app) and been "file ready for review" since 11/4. I'm pretty sure I'm not borderline for Duke. Actually its quite annoying. Curious as to why I never got a PT offer. Also sitting around waiting at UVA and Michigan...
I have similar numbers and I've been "Ready for Review" since 11/6. Annoying, to say the least.

likeaspark

Bronze

Post by likeaspark » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:02 pm

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow....

Good luck to all!

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:41 am

AngryAvocado wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
I have similar numbers and I've been "Ready for Review" since 11/6. Annoying, to say the least.
I might consider calling... I submitted 2 weeks later and am Under Review right now.

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:04 am

GeePee wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
I might consider calling... I submitted 2 weeks later and am Under Review right now.
Quite a few people have submitted after us and gone UR. I have a feeling they tossed aside us low-GPA splitters for now, and they're going through all the PT/auto-admits (like yourself)/EDers for the moment.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I may actually call if this goes on much longer, especially since they seem to be a friendly bunch. Good luck with your decision--as if you need it! :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:18 am

AngryAvocado wrote: Quite a few people have submitted after us and gone UR. I have a feeling they tossed aside us low-GPA splitters for now, and they're going through all the PT/auto-admits (like yourself)/EDers for the moment.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I may actually call if this goes on much longer, especially since they seem to be a friendly bunch. Good luck with your decision--as if you need it! :wink:
Thanks for your confidence AA... I'm trying to gather as much positive momentum as possible! I'm sure they'll come around soon; Duke has always been a GPA-friendly school but I find it hard to believe they'd turn down that LSAT.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:52 am

I've been "ready for review" since 11/4. Duke, seriously, please just review me already. I know it's going to be a ding. I'm OK with that. Just PLEASE REVIEW ME!

likeaspark

Bronze

Post by likeaspark » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:06 pm

ntzsch wrote:Image

+1, awesome

Haha, my facebook instinct had me looking for a "like" button for about 10 seconds too long

BlueHeel

New

Post by BlueHeel » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Yeah, what are they waiting on, Christmas?! (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jsj83

New

Post by jsj83 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:12 pm

BlueHeel wrote:Yeah, what are they waiting on, Christmas?! (Sorry, couldn't resist).
I second the sentiment. I am ED and dying to hear SOMETHING...if they are going to reject me, please please just do it now...

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:14 pm

When was the last time an RD applicant heard something?

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:30 pm

Helmholtz wrote:When was the last time an RD applicant heard something?
Genisis; 1, 1-3:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth./ And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters./ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

^I think it was around then.

grrrstick

Bronze

Post by grrrstick » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:33 pm

I just got the "you will be notified soon" thing. RD, been under review for about a month.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:33 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Genisis; 1, 1-3:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth./ And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters./ And God said, Let there be Duke acceptances for all: and there were Duke acceptances for all.

I like this translation much better.

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Genisis; 1, 1-3:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth./ And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters./ And God said, Let there be Duke acceptances for all: and there were Duke acceptances for all.

I like this translation much better.
+1!!!!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:41 pm

grrrstick wrote:I just got the "you will be notified soon" thing. RD, been under review for about a month.
What thing was that? Via email?

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:42 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
grrrstick wrote:I just got the "you will be notified soon" thing. RD, been under review for about a month.
I think that is what the status checker says sometimes the day you get your accept email.

Not that I know first hand since I am still UR 10/12

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

grrrstick

Bronze

Post by grrrstick » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:43 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
"Decision made; you will be notified soon"

It is on the status checker. I have no idea what it means, haven't been following this thread super closely.

Hopefully this is good news. I just got rocked by a final so I need it.

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:45 pm

my file is still "ready for review" (I only submitted a few days ago due to waiting foreverrrrrrrr for a LOR)

how long did it take for you to go from "ready for review" to "under review"?

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:46 pm

terpette wrote:my file is still "ready for review" (I only submitted a few days ago due to waiting foreverrrrrrrr for a LOR)

For me it was 2 and a half weeks, but that was at the beginning of the cycle.

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:47 pm

terpette wrote:my file is still "ready for review" (I only submitted a few days ago due to waiting foreverrrrrrrr for a LOR)

I submitted about 2.5 weeks ago and it took 8 days to go from "ready for review" to "under review"

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”