In at Duke! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thorntll

Bronze

Re: In at Duke!

Post by thorntll » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:27 pm

rickyrick wrote:
dback248 wrote:Got it too. Do you guys mind sharing your stats?
I got it too. I feel like maybe this means that if you interview you might be in? Are you to go interview or do the Early Decision?
I'm going to interview because I only live 3 1/2 hour away.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:51 pm

ArtVandelay wrote:UR since 10/12...can't be a good sign. Maybe I'll just move in with Jerry :(
+1. Except I don't know who Jerry is.

knows11

New

Post by knows11 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:09 pm

I know they said that we would hear by December 31st for ED, but does anyone think that we will hear before then? I am getting really impatient. Since they didn't have ED for JDs last year, does anyone know when they released the JD/LLM EDs last year? Maybe they would come the same time this year for all ED.

Any ideas? Maybe tomorrow will be the day?

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:23 pm

roxy8338 wrote:Did anyone else recieve an e-mail for either an on-campus interview, or Priority Track Early Decison? Is this unusual?
Would one of you guys mind copy/pasting this email (without names or personal details)? I'm curious.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:29 pm

I just got the on-campus interview / priority track email as well. bleh, i'm not flying to duke for an interview. i would be down for a phone interview, or an alumni one...but they've gotta be crazy if they think people can just afford to fly around the country for interviews!

guess I won't be getting into duke, but at this point i know i won't go there anyways, so whatever...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:56 pm

tintin wrote:I just got the on-campus interview / priority track email as well. bleh, i'm not flying to duke for an interview. i would be down for a phone interview, or an alumni one...but they've gotta be crazy if they think people can just afford to fly around the country for interviews!

guess I won't be getting into duke, but at this point i know i won't go there anyways, so whatever...
Yes. Seriously, they're verging on socioeconomic discrimination here.

astro1819

Bronze

Post by astro1819 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:11 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
roxy8338 wrote:Did anyone else recieve an e-mail for either an on-campus interview, or Priority Track Early Decison? Is this unusual?
Would one of you guys mind copy/pasting this email (without names or personal details)? I'm curious.
+1, I'm very very curious as Duke is my top choice right now and I have almost identical numbers as all of you (3.8x/167-8/non-URM). However, I just went complete Dec. 4th, whereas it looks like those offered the interview/PT/ED thing went complete in Sept. or Oct.

Please share if it's not too much to ask! (if you don't want to put it up on the board, could you PM me?)

Celibidache

New

Post by Celibidache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:15 pm

astro1819 wrote: Duke is my top choice right now
Why?

astro1819

Bronze

Post by astro1819 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:21 pm

Celibidache wrote:
Why?
Location, specific programs related to my background, campus aesthetics, small class size, general feel for the school. Of course I would want to visit it to get a better feel for it and compare it to other schools (hoping that I am fortunate enough to be faced with choices), but overall it just seems like a good fit for me personally. Berkeley is a close second, along with Stanford if I'm able to get in. UVA is up there too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Celibidache

New

Post by Celibidache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:28 pm

astro1819 wrote:
Celibidache wrote:
Why?
Location, specific programs related to my background, campus aesthetics, small class size, general feel for the school. Of course I would want to visit it to get a better feel for it and compare it to other schools (hoping that I am fortunate enough to be faced with choices), but overall it just seems like a good fit for me personally. Berkeley is a close second, along with Stanford if I'm able to get in. UVA is up there too.
What programs?

eye

Bronze

Post by eye » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:37 pm

cali09 wrote:just got in today! applied in early december. 166 lsat, 3.9 gpa - hope this gives all u lsat splitters hope - it can be done! (and no, im not urm)
cali09 wrote: I took the LSAT back in September and scored a 168 (without sleeping and with the flu). However, my practice test average was around a 175 after a summer of preparation.
So which one is it? 166 or 168? Just checking maybe you had a typo.

roxy8338

New

Post by roxy8338 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:41 pm

For the kids with the PT/Interview...

I was doing research on past Duke Interviews, and the consensus was that it was a bit like YP? They don't want accept a kid who might not come? Or do we think that it's more stressful than that, and going for the interview probably won't end up with an acceptance?
Also...any thoughts about whether how likely an acceptance would be with the PT ED?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:48 pm

roxy8338 wrote:For the kids with the PT/Interview...

I was doing research on past Duke Interviews, and the consensus was that it was a bit like YP? They don't want accept a kid who might not come? Or do we think that it's more stressful than that, and going for the interview probably won't end up with an acceptance?
Also...any thoughts about whether how likely an acceptance would be with the PT ED?
It certainly answers the YP question, since someone who is willing to pay for plane and hotel must be highly interested in the school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:51 pm

maggiebre wrote:
echoi wrote:I got in awhile ago through PT with 3.7 + 172/165 and no Why Duke essay...I'm surprised at the ppl being put on reserve in this thread.
Yea, I got in with 3.9 + 173/163 and no Why Duke. It seems strange that some ppl with close numbers are now being put on reserve... maybe Duke's getting concerned about their yield?
Maybe it is a function of it being later in the application season? I think you got in around when I did ish and my stats were certainly well above median/75%.

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:01 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astro1819

Bronze

Post by astro1819 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Celibidache wrote:
astro1819 wrote:
Celibidache wrote:
Why?
What programs?
Duke in DC

doubleentendres

New

Post by doubleentendres » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:29 pm

In tonight by email!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:32 pm

doubleentendres wrote:In tonight by email!
Numbers? Complete/UR dates?

C'mon, you should know the drill even if you're a lurker!!

Also: Congrats! :wink:

astro1819

Bronze

Post by astro1819 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:34 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
Numbers? Complete/UR dates?

C'mon, you should know the drill even if you're a lurker!!

Also: Congrats! :wink:
169/3.85 by looking in profile and link to LSN. Congrats! Pretty late to be emailing from the East Coast...

virginiagirl55

New

Post by virginiagirl55 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:40 pm

did you just get the email? ugh, if i find out they send out acceptance emails this late, i'll never get anything done aside from refreshing my inbox...

astro1819

Bronze

Post by astro1819 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:43 pm

virginiagirl55 wrote:
did you just get the email? ugh, if i find out they send out acceptance emails this late, i'll never get anything done aside from refreshing my inbox...
Haha, agreed. It's hard enough to resist refreshing during normal business hours in 4 time zones...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Burberry by Burberry

Bronze

Post by Burberry by Burberry » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:08 am

I am still "File ready for review: 11/9/2009." Should I call Duke tomorrow (Friday) and remind them I exist?

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:10 am

Burberry by Burberry wrote:I am still "File ready for review: 11/9/2009." Should I call Duke tomorrow (Friday) and remind them I exist?
I just went UR on Monday after being "Ready for Review" since 11/6 (and there were several others in a similar position, some had even been "Ready for Review" for longer). I'd give it a week or so, possibly even wait until after X-mas break.

Burberry by Burberry

Bronze

Post by Burberry by Burberry » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:34 am

AngryAvocado wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:I am still "File ready for review: 11/9/2009." Should I call Duke tomorrow (Friday) and remind them I exist?
I just went UR on Monday after being "Ready for Review" since 11/6 (and there were several others in a similar position, some had even been "Ready for Review" for longer). I'd give it a week or so, possibly even wait until after X-mas break.
All right. I'll wait. :|

jdcballer

New

Post by jdcballer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:37 am

[/quote]

Location, specific programs related to my background, campus aesthetics, small class size, general feel for the school. Of course I would want to visit it to get a better feel for it and compare it to other schools (hoping that I am fortunate enough to be faced with choices), but overall it just seems like a good fit for me personally. Berkeley is a close second, along with Stanford if I'm able to get in. UVA is up there too.[/quote]

What programs?[/quote]

Duke in DC[/quote]

I am excited about the Duke in DC program too!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”