In at Duke! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RhubarbPie

Bronze

Re: In at Duke!

Post by RhubarbPie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:13 pm

Did anyone who is on PR get the email about switching your application to ED for next cycle with the promise that Duke would give you a decision on your 2011 ED app by July 16?

devilishangelrjp

Bronze

Post by devilishangelrjp » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:17 pm

RhubarbPie wrote:Did anyone who is on PR get the email about switching your application to ED for next cycle with the promise that Duke would give you a decision on your 2011 ED app by July 16?
I got it, but I'm on the regular waitlist. I'm currently weighing the pros and cons. Do you have any idea what you're gonna do?

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:33 pm

RhubarbPie wrote:Did anyone who is on PR get the email about switching your application to ED for next cycle with the promise that Duke would give you a decision on your 2011 ED app by July 16?
I am on PR and got that email.

RhubarbPie

Bronze

Post by RhubarbPie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:48 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:
I got it, but I'm on the regular waitlist. I'm currently weighing the pros and cons. Do you have any idea what you're gonna do?
I'm committed to Michigan. I guess I was sticking it out to see if Duke would offer me more money than Michigan did (and even then, it would had to have been sig more money than Michigan offered). I wouldn't benefit from this offer in any way. But it was an interesting idea on Duke's part. I guess if you're less than enthusiastic about where you're planning to attend in the fall, have something to do for a year, and are cool with no merit aid, take the offer. Who knows for sure, but theres probably a decent chance you'll get in.

anonym1202

New

Post by anonym1202 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:07 pm

so i got the email this morning about early decision and still being in the "smaller group" considered ...is this the PR or just regular waitlist? i thought they didnt have two types..how do I see that my status checker doesn't say or my previous emails

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

devilishangelrjp

Bronze

Post by devilishangelrjp » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:12 pm

anonym1202 wrote:so i got the email this morning about early decision and still being in the "smaller group" considered ...is this the PR or just regular waitlist? i thought they didnt have two types..how do I see that my status checker doesn't say or my previous emails
If it doesn't say Priority Reserve anywhere in any of your emails, you're not on it.

anonym1202

New

Post by anonym1202 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:19 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:
anonym1202 wrote:so i got the email this morning about early decision and still being in the "smaller group" considered ...is this the PR or just regular waitlist? i thought they didnt have two types..how do I see that my status checker doesn't say or my previous emails
If it doesn't say Priority Reserve anywhere in any of your emails, you're not on it.

great .... it doesn't say it anywhere ...

jj55

New

Post by jj55 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm

What are people's thoughts on the odds of those who are in the new smaller waitlist, but were initially not on the Priority list but only the regular list? Do you think the original Priority people will have a better chance of admission when applying ED than those originally on the regular waitlist?

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:01 pm

yep. I thought I had already withdrawn but still received this email...

If it was last year I"d consider it. As it is I"ve already signed a lease + binding commitment and I"m gettin old. Too bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jockin Jay-Z

Bronze

Post by Jockin Jay-Z » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:32 am

So I was on the regular waitlist, didn't send in a LOCI because I wasn't expecting anything from Duke, and got the email. Declined it, but hell of a tempting offer.

If I had a decent paying job lined up for the next year, I'd probably have said 'what the hell' and signed the ED form. I wonder if the people who accept the ED offer get in.

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:39 pm

sent my fax over to switch my app and crossing my fingers! anyone else do the same?

peeker82

Bronze

Post by peeker82 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:12 pm

posted on the waitlist thread, but there's been a few admisions offers to those who signed the WL-ED form, myself included! woohooo!!

I guess we're the first ones in for the class of 2014?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”