In at Duke! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dk8

Bronze

Re: In at Duke!

Post by dk8 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:41 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:Speaking of....

Duke just emailed me. They would like to know if I am still interested. I am.
I just got that same e-mail + mistake e-mail. I don't recall signing up for the summer program though.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:48 pm

clintonius wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
clintonius wrote:Ouch! I must admit, I am jealous of the barbecue you guys will be getting down in NC.

Also, ha! Just got a second e-mail saying they fucked up. It did include this at the bottom: "Technology makes lots of things easier -- including making mistakes." I guess I didn't officially withdraw?
Lol I wasn't trying to be mean, but jokingly friendly (your avatar is a sheep, if you haven't noticed). Also I am in Austin right now so I am skeptical that the BBQ can be any better up there. I did have the best philly cheesesteak in my life while visiting Duke though. Not alot of Mexican food though, which will ruin my eating habits.

So yall weren't supposed to get this email asking if you were still interested in attending?
Heh, I know, and I took no offense (and also casually noticed you're waiting on NYU yourself ;)). From what I've heard, the barbecue is a different style in NC than in Texas. I have a good from from Austin and he loved the bbq he got in Raleigh this summer, so it's certainly worth a shot. Cheese steaks seem to be best everywhere but Philly, ironically enough.

And nope, e-mail was a mistake. Apparently we Fall-term applicants will be getting a similar one in a couple weeks.
Austin and NC both have awesome BBQ, but neither compares to KC.

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:13 pm

dk8 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:Speaking of....

Duke just emailed me. They would like to know if I am still interested. I am.
I just got that same e-mail + mistake e-mail. I don't recall signing up for the summer program though.
Hence "mistake."

And Sauer, I've heard great things about KC bbq, too. My dad has a favorite place to eat when he's in town, and one of these days I might see if he'll take me along.

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
clintonius wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
clintonius wrote:Ouch! I must admit, I am jealous of the barbecue you guys will be getting down in NC.

Also, ha! Just got a second e-mail saying they fucked up. It did include this at the bottom: "Technology makes lots of things easier -- including making mistakes." I guess I didn't officially withdraw?
Lol I wasn't trying to be mean, but jokingly friendly (your avatar is a sheep, if you haven't noticed). Also I am in Austin right now so I am skeptical that the BBQ can be any better up there. I did have the best philly cheesesteak in my life while visiting Duke though. Not alot of Mexican food though, which will ruin my eating habits.

So yall weren't supposed to get this email asking if you were still interested in attending?
Heh, I know, and I took no offense (and also casually noticed you're waiting on NYU yourself ;)). From what I've heard, the barbecue is a different style in NC than in Texas. I have a good from from Austin and he loved the bbq he got in Raleigh this summer, so it's certainly worth a shot. Cheese steaks seem to be best everywhere but Philly, ironically enough.

And nope, e-mail was a mistake. Apparently we Fall-term applicants will be getting a similar one in a couple weeks.
Austin and NC both have awesome BBQ, but neither compares to KC.
IIRC, most KC barbeque is molasses-based, which by definition makes it inferior to the vinegar base of NC barbeque.

mstich

New

Re: In at Tucker Max University!

Post by mstich » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:12 am

UR since 2/7 still

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

aulburch

New

Post by aulburch » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:20 am

Update email sent yesterday to candidates on the dual degree waitlist, as to whether they would like to continue to stay on the waitlist.

Think this is any indication of movement next week for dual degree candidates?

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:22 am

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:23 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:
soullesswonder wrote: IIRC, most KC barbeque is molasses-based, which by definition makes it inferior to the vinegar base of NC barbeque.
If you do it right, you don't need any sauce at all.
Expand.
aulburch wrote:Update email sent yesterday to candidates on the dual degree waitlist, as to whether they would like to continue to stay on the waitlist.

Think this is any indication of movement next week for dual degree candidates?
Hope so!

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:29 am

still waiting for Duke. But love this April Fool's thing :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mstich

New

Post by mstich » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:12 pm

Received a request for a dean's cert for my undergrad disciplinary sanctions. Anyone think this means something so late in the cycle or is it a formality? I would assume that if they were going to reject me they would have done so without requesting the form.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:25 pm

mstich wrote:Received a request for a dean's cert for my undergrad disciplinary sanctions. Anyone think this means something so late in the cycle or is it a formality? I would assume that if they were going to reject me they would have done so without requesting the form.
This happened to me then I was PR'ed. I would hope they wouldn't make you go through this trouble if there were just going to reject you.

Jrugg88

New

Post by Jrugg88 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:41 pm

UR since 3/19

Anyone know how long it generally takes for them to get back to folks? Also, anyone know how Duke communicates its decisions?

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:07 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
soullesswonder wrote: IIRC, most KC barbeque is molasses-based, which by definition makes it inferior to the vinegar base of NC barbeque.
If you do it right, you don't need any sauce at all.
? I know you don't always have to slather on the sauce after the fact, but unless you're a dry rub purist you're going to use some sauce during the prep.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Officially got a rejection email today.

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:22 pm

just got the WL e-mail. Going to ride this one out though.

Tweek

New

Post by Tweek » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:34 am

WL today, low numbers so was expecting it.

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:24 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nowinGA

Bronze

Post by nowinGA » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Tweek wrote:WL today, low numbers so was expecting it.
Today, really? On a Saturday??

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:01 pm

nowinGA wrote:
Duke works overtime (unlike Cornell who doesn't work weekends and takes off an hour early on Friday).

Havaianas

Bronze

Post by Havaianas » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:31 am

Jericwithers wrote:
nowinGA wrote:
Duke works overtime (unlike Cornell who doesn't work weekends and takes off an hour early on Friday).
Is it wrong of me to like that in a school?

Has anyone tried to negotiate scholarship money?

Tweek

New

Post by Tweek » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:23 am

Jericwithers wrote:
nowinGA wrote:
It was 12:30AM on Sat when I posted; the email actually went out Friday at 4:26PM.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dms87

Bronze

Post by dms87 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:40 am

No conversation about the Admitted Students Open House? I had a really nice time. This was my 2nd time this year seeing the school.

I love the area, although my fiancee and I plan to live in Chapel Hill (she's going to be going to UNC, but it's a nicer area either way).

Anyone else attend? Anyone in the overflow room in the morning? Or at table 15 at lunch (I think?)? Or at the dinner for the Association of Law Students and Significant Others/Parents Going To Law School/LDS Mormon groups?

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:44 am

dms87 wrote:No conversation about the Admitted Students Open House? I had a really nice time. This was my 2nd time this year seeing the school.

I love the area, although my fiancee and I plan to live in Chapel Hill (she's going to be going to UNC, but it's a nicer area either way).

Anyone else attend? Anyone in the overflow room in the morning? Or at table 15 at lunch (I think?)? Or at the dinner for the Association of Law Students and Significant Others/Parents Going To Law School/LDS Mormon groups?
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=106321

also see http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=375

EDIT: that was a little curt of me...the general consensus seemed to be overwhelmingly positive, both here and among the other admits I talked to

dms87

Bronze

Post by dms87 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:17 am

soullesswonder wrote:
dms87 wrote:No conversation about the Admitted Students Open House? I had a really nice time. This was my 2nd time this year seeing the school.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=106321

also see http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=375

EDIT: that was a little curt of me...the general consensus seemed to be overwhelmingly positive, both here and among the other admits I talked to
Thanks! Had no idea that existed.

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:45 am

dms87 wrote: Anyone else attend? Anyone in the overflow room in the morning? Or at table 15 at lunch (I think?)? Or at the dinner for the Association of Law Students and Significant Others/Parents Going To Law School/LDS Mormon groups?
I was at that combo dinner, haha. They had Chick-Fil-A so I'm not complaining. ASW was great.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”