In at Duke! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheWire

Bronze

Re: In at Duke!

Post by TheWire » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:30 pm

Congrats everybody!

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Dear Duke-

:cry: I know I don't deserve it, but if you let me in I promise to do lots of Pro Bono, pass the bar the first time, and get employed really fast. I don't want anything from Santa this year, not even two front teeth; hockey players aren't supposed to have them anyway. I'll even get some milk and cookies for the Dean.

rogerlodge

New

Post by rogerlodge » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:46 pm

review 13th, date changed to 11/19, but nothing today guess I'll have to wait until the 23rd. :(

rockchalk86

Silver

Post by rockchalk86 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:49 pm

Congrats everybody. i like how rockchalk and tarheel both just got in at Duke. Talk about clash of the blue bloods

thechee

Bronze

Post by thechee » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:17 pm

UR 11/12, PT, UR again 11/19. still nothing.....I should hear by tonight right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sfdreaming09

Bronze

Post by sfdreaming09 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Have any admits here recieved emails from current students asking if you have any questions? I just got an email from a current student who went to a UG in my state and asked if i wanted to meet up for lunch/coffee if i decided to make a visit to duke. Is that common?
Last edited by sfdreaming09 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:57 pm

thechee wrote:UR 11/12, PT, UR again 11/19. still nothing.....I should hear by tonight right?
Probably not...most people have 10 days without including the first day...

i.e. As a PT, i went UR 11/11 and found out 11/21

u should probably hear tomorrow

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:00 am

sfdreaming09 wrote:Has any admits here recieved emails from current students asking if you have any questions? I just got an email from a current student who went to a UG in my state and asked if i wanted to meet up for lunch/coffee if i decided to make a visit to duke. Is that common?
I havn't gotten anything like that, but I have only been accepted for a week.

PhinsFan

New

Post by PhinsFan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:36 pm

I'm PT and I got a decision today, which is my 11th day. WL'd... :'( My stats will out me, so PM me for them. I'm happy for all you guys that got accepted. Good luck with the rest of your cycles!

Really wanted to get into Duke. Someone who doesn't intend to go to Duke please withdraw ASAP!! :) lol
Last edited by PhinsFan on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gotmilk?

Bronze

Post by gotmilk? » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:39 pm

crackberry wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:finally got my acceptance packet in the mail today after getting in on Friday. pretty cool, but nothing especially exciting or unique in it.
I think the lanyard qualifies as "unique." Not really "exciting" though.
too bad my lanyard already broke. RIP. they should send me another one :)

psychomohel

Bronze

Post by psychomohel » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:41 pm

gotmilk? wrote:too bad my lanyard already broke. RIP. they should send me another one :)

Mine has only one stitch left.

dudester

Bronze

Post by dudester » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:12 pm

PhinsFan wrote:I'm PT and I got a decision today, which is my 11th day. WL'd... :'( My stats will out me, so PM me for them. I'm happy for all you guys that got accepted. Good luck with the rest of your cycles!

Really wanted to get into Duke. Someone who doesn't intend to go to Duke please withdraw ASAP!! :) lol
Wait list or Priority Reserve?

PhinsFan

New

Post by PhinsFan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:50 pm

dudester wrote:
PhinsFan wrote:I'm PT and I got a decision today, which is my 11th day. WL'd... :'( My stats will out me, so PM me for them. I'm happy for all you guys that got accepted. Good luck with the rest of your cycles!

Wait list... :( :( :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Torvon

Bronze

Post by Torvon » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:49 pm

PhinsFan wrote:
dudester wrote:

I didn't realize they were making a distinction between WL and Priority Reserve at this point. I don't remember anyone being WL from PT so early in the cycle last year.

gotmilk?

Bronze

Post by gotmilk? » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:19 pm

psychomohel wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:too bad my lanyard already broke. RIP. they should send me another one :)

Mine has only one stitch left.
hopefully their education isn't as flimsy as the stuff they give us to promote it.

PhinsFan

New

Post by PhinsFan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Torvon wrote:
PhinsFan wrote:
dudester wrote:

I didn't realize they were making a distinction between WL and Priority Reserve at this point. I don't remember anyone being WL from PT so early in the cycle last year.
Well my e-mail says, "Thank you for applying to Duke Law School through our Priority Track review process. I am writing to inform you of the status of your application for admission. We have completed a thorough review of your application, and would like to offer you a space on our waitlist for this year's entering class." I'm assuming that I did not get Priority Reserve... Do you think I'm the only person wait listed from PT?? Man... now I feel like a huge loser... :( :( I feel like I was just rejected outright.

Torvon

Bronze

Post by Torvon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:17 am

PhinsFan wrote:
Well my e-mail says, "Thank you for applying to Duke Law School through our Priority Track review process. I am writing to inform you of the status of your application for admission. We have completed a thorough review of your application, and would like to offer you a space on our waitlist for this year's entering class." I'm assuming that I did not get Priority Reserve... Do you think I'm the only person wait listed from PT?? Man... now I feel like a huge loser... :( :( I feel like I was just rejected outright.
Sorry I wasn't trying to make you feel bad at all. Also, I'm not even close to any kind of expert on Duke admissions and my sample size is posters on TLS. In other words I don't have much information and it's very possible that there are a lot of people being waitlisted at this point in time. It kind of seems like they are being a bit more cautious this year as far as straight up admitting people early. I'm guessing they aren't totally sure what to expect from applicants this year due to the increase of applications.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CE2JD

Silver

Post by CE2JD » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:30 am

rockchalk86 wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO! 3.5 171 RD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxpblnsJEWM

You're so very special.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:51 am

:lol:
CE2JD wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO! 3.5 171 RD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxpblnsJEWM

You're so very special.
First, lol.

Second, STP's Creep is SOOO much better than Radiohead's.

zoomzoomzoom

New

Post by zoomzoomzoom » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:11 am

IN this morning!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:13 am

zoomzoomzoom wrote:IN this morning!
Congratulations! I didn't think there would be any action on a Sunday...how cool. Don't forget to post your good news on the "Who have you heard from..." thread.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lieut Kaffee

Silver

Post by Lieut Kaffee » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:42 am

Ugh, waitlisted. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for my cycle.

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:58 am

LieutKaffee wrote:Ugh, waitlisted. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for my cycle.
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Did you write a "Why Duke" essay? I know they aren't known for their YP, but with your numbers, it seems like it might be a possibility. Also, when did you find out?

Lieut Kaffee

Silver

Post by Lieut Kaffee » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:02 am

AngryAvocado wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:Ugh, waitlisted. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for my cycle.
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Did you write a "Why Duke" essay? I know they aren't known for their YP, but with your numbers, it seems like it might be a possibility. Also, when did you find out?
I didn't write a Why Duke essay. Maybe that was a mistake. They emailed me today.

snickersnicker

Bronze

Post by snickersnicker » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:10 am

Really looks like YP in your case. 172/3.6, while a moderate split, is pretty good for Duke. Unless you have no softs or wrote a horrible PS or something. Maybe try a LOCI.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”