In at Duke! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Gold

Re: In at Duke!

Post by crackberry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:11 pm

So does anyone on TLS have his/her status checker indicate that the scholarship info has been mailed?

Also, have the Mordecai interviews happened yet?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:12 pm

crackberry wrote:So does anyone on TLS have his/her status checker indicate that the scholarship info has been mailed?

Yes, for dates up to 12/3 received.

And I dont know.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
crackberry wrote:So does anyone on TLS have his/her status checker indicate that the scholarship info has been mailed?

And I dont know.
Oh cool, I went back to page 98 and saw at least three people who had their scholarship decisions mailed. Weird that they received my form on 10/16 and I haven't gotten mine mailed yet. Whatever.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:31 pm

crackberry wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

And I dont know.
Oh cool, I went back to page 98 and saw at least three people who had their scholarship decisions mailed. Weird that they received my form on 10/16 and I haven't gotten mine mailed yet. Whatever.
Hrm, that is strange. Let us know what happens (as I might be in the same position).

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:42 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Hrm, that is strange. Let us know what happens (as I might be in the same position).
Since my hunch is that scholarship amounts (unlike admissions to a certain extent) seem based entirely on numbers, you and I should be receiving the exact same amount of $$ from places. You have 169, 3.91. I have 169, 3.92.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:00 pm

MarkRenton wrote: It's aggrivating for the applicant but it's far from unprofessional. Most schools promise a decision by a certain date, April 1st generally. That is their obligation to you. Nothing says that schools must assess apps in a cronological order. If a school wishes to assess their class by looking at established medians, that's fine. But yes, long waits are a bit annoying. Just not unprofessional
They promise decisions by April 1 or whatever but also say that apps will be reviewed (and by extension decisions will be made) on a rolling basis in order of completion.

I have a feeling most of us who have been waiting are headed to Priority Reserve or to the ding pile. I'm URM so who knows what they're doing with my application but if they made me wait 16+ weeks for a WL/ding I will write them a strongly worded email.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:07 pm

crackberry wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Hrm, that is strange. Let us know what happens (as I might be in the same position).
Since my hunch is that scholarship amounts (unlike admissions to a certain extent) seem based entirely on numbers, you and I should be receiving the exact same amount of $$ from places. You have 169, 3.91. I have 169, 3.92.
Seems weird that they havn't sent either of us a notification despite having early dates. Did you get a Mordecai invite? I didn't, but perhaps they changed their minds without telling me and we are both in the running.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Seems weird that they havn't sent either of us a notification despite having early dates. Did you get a Mordecai invite? I didn't, but perhaps they changed their minds without telling me and we are both in the running.
Nope, no Mordecai invite for me.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:19 pm

crackberry wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Nope, no Mordecai invite for me.
Oh. Well. Now I'm just hoping for any ammount of money. Why would they skip us?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:28 pm

I have a scholarship mailing two days ago so I am expecting it anytime. I was complete and accepted about a month before you, though, so yours might be coming.

lz06

Bronze

Post by lz06 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:34 pm

When did Mordecai invitations go out? Damn if I got that I would go for sure

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:36 pm

lz06 wrote:When did Mordecai invitations go out? Damn if I got that I would go for sure
They went out in November.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Kronk wrote:
lz06 wrote:When did Mordecai invitations go out? Damn if I got that I would go for sure
Duke has been awfully informative the last few days...

V6, what did it look like you needed for a mordecai invite? (just curious)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

orphanarium

Bronze

Post by orphanarium » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orphanarium

Bronze

Post by orphanarium » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Last edited by orphanarium on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lz06

Bronze

Post by lz06 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:41 pm

Does anyone know how to figure out how long mail takes to get from one place to another? I always try googling it but get useless responses lol

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:44 pm

TheWire wrote:
Kronk wrote:
Duke has been awfully informative the last few days...

V6, what did it look like you needed for a mordecai invite? (just curious)
A Harvard acceptance, essentially. 173+, 3.85+ as a rule of thumb. If not that, then extremely strong softs (like iminlstruck) with something like a 171 / 4.0, 172 / 3.8.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Kronk wrote:

I have a scholarship mailing two days ago so I am expecting it anytime. I was complete and accepted about a month before you, though, so yours might be coming.
Dude I was accepted on 9/14, so if you were accepted a month before me, you did something pretty special.

Also did you get a Mordecai, or have they not been announced?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:12 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Dude I was accepted on 9/14, so if you were accepted a month before me, you did something pretty special.

Also did you get a Mordecai, or have they not been announced?
My bad, I thought you just said you were accepted in October. But no, I didn't get a Mordecai. People with my numbers tend to get more in the 60-90K range from my research.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:14 pm

Kronk wrote:My bad, I thought you just said you were accepted in October. But no, I didn't get a Mordecai. People with my numbers tend to get more in the 60-90K range from my research.
Who, on TLS, got Moredcais?

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:05 pm

People are getting financial aid info already? Too bad I just withdrew. Bill Hoye is one of the nicest guys I have ever met (he gave me a hug when he visited Cal).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:00 pm

So, have any of the UR 2/8 folks had decisions rendered yet?

lz06

Bronze

Post by lz06 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:08 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:My bad, I thought you just said you were accepted in October. But no, I didn't get a Mordecai. People with my numbers tend to get more in the 60-90K range from my research.
Who, on TLS, got Moredcais?
I'm interested in this as well... I've been pretty good about stalking this Duke thread and I haven't seen anything

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:18 pm

So did anyone get the letter yet?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:20 am

I don't know of anyone that got Mordecais. Just searched LSN a few times and noticed that they went out.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”