The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby caoyun » Mon May 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Deesh wrote:Congrats!!
did you send in a LOCI after being waitlisted?


Yes. I sent it to Dean Perry on April 17 via email.

User avatar
lilybbloom
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby lilybbloom » Mon May 04, 2009 5:41 pm

CONGRATS!!!

When you say you emailed it to Dean Perry, do you mean that you emailed it to her own email address? If so, what is it?

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby caoyun » Mon May 04, 2009 5:53 pm

lilybbloom wrote:CONGRATS!!!

When you say you emailed it to Dean Perry, do you mean that you emailed it to her own email address? If so, what is it?


I emailed it to the address given in the waitlist letter. Which is Dean Perry's.

User avatar
lilybbloom
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby lilybbloom » Mon May 04, 2009 5:55 pm

oh, i see (i don't have the letter on me right now, care to pm it to me?) - i've been emailing stuff to the regular admissions@law.uchicago.edu

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby caoyun » Mon May 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Check your PM.
Last edited by caoyun on Mon May 04, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thisamericanlife
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby thisamericanlife » Mon May 04, 2009 6:14 pm

The website lists aperry@law.uchicago.edu. I don't think the email addresses are supposed to be secret. All the email addresses listed on the website are first initial last name @law.uchicago.edu. The question of who will read aperry@law.uchicago.edu is unanswered. akperry@uchicago.edu may be an entirely different email and one she actually reads compared to aperry@law.uchicago.edu, or one may forward to the next. I know that other admissions staff members have responded to my emails so I would assume either or both are email addresses she uses.

User avatar
zephyr151
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:54 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby zephyr151 » Mon May 04, 2009 10:58 pm

On LSN I notice that four people are "WL, Rejected." Is UC already rejecting people from the WL? What is going on?

User avatar
not
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby not » Mon May 04, 2009 11:30 pm

this is the worst party I've been to :(

what happens if they can't reach you on the phone? Will they email you or move on?

User avatar
not
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby not » Mon May 04, 2009 11:31 pm

lilybbloom wrote:oh, i see (i don't have the letter on me right now, care to pm it to me?) - i've been emailing stuff to the regular admissions@law.uchicago.edu


this is the address given on the waitlist letter... is there another one?

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby caoyun » Tue May 05, 2009 12:05 am

not wrote:
lilybbloom wrote:oh, i see (i don't have the letter on me right now, care to pm it to me?) - i've been emailing stuff to the regular admissions@law.uchicago.edu


this is the address given on the waitlist letter... is there another one?


If you actually read the waitlist letter, it tells you to which email address to send LOCI and what not. Last line of the second paragraph. Unless they are sending out different, less personalized waitlist letters to different people.

User avatar
not
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby not » Tue May 05, 2009 1:00 am

I think they must've done. Because there are 2 addresses on my WL letter, one is the essay@ address, the other for LOCIs is the admissions@ address (which is in the second last line of the last paragraph, second paragraph talks about how they don't rank)

User avatar
Deesh
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby Deesh » Tue May 05, 2009 1:34 am

not wrote:I think they must've done. Because there are 2 addresses on my WL letter, one is the essay@ address, the other for LOCIs is the admissions@ address (which is in the second last line of the last paragraph, second paragraph talks about how they don't rank)


+1. no personal email address on mine, nothing advising that I send in a LOCI.

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby caoyun » Tue May 05, 2009 7:35 am

not wrote:I think they must've done. Because there are 2 addresses on my WL letter, one is the essay@ address, the other for LOCIs is the admissions@ address (which is in the second last line of the last paragraph, second paragraph talks about how they don't rank)


You're looking at the waitlist letter and not the hold letter, right? I thought the essay @ address was only for held applicants. Otherwise, thats a fairly sneaky way of ranking waitlisted applicants. A lot of people would never notice.

User avatar
not
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby not » Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 am

yes I'm looking at the waitlist letter. I kept both letters. In neither does Ann Perry give out an email address other than the admissions one for LOCIs. I have looked for her personal address and found one off the chicago law website but I still emailed the general admissions@ one.

Yeah pretty sneaky. And disheartening. Congrats on your acceptance though!

User avatar
gahhhhhhhhhh
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:29 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby gahhhhhhhhhh » Tue May 05, 2009 9:07 am

Caoyun, are you a Hold--->WL---->Accept or a WL---->Accept? Because that might explain why the letters were different.

Edit: From the info in your LSN profile it looks like you are the latter. Was anyone in here initially waitlisted and got a letter without Dean Perry's address?

User avatar
animalcrkrs
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby animalcrkrs » Tue May 05, 2009 9:26 am

not wrote:this is the worst party I've been to :(


True.

not wrote:what happens if they can't reach you on the phone? Will they email you or move on?


I don't think they would do this--they likely email you if that's the case, it would be pretty awful to punish someone with not accepting them because they are in the shower or in a meeting.

User avatar
lilybbloom
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby lilybbloom » Tue May 05, 2009 9:55 am

I was put on hold, then waitlisted, and I'm pretty sure (but not positive, because I seem to have misplaced the letter) that my waitlist letter did not have Dean Perry's personal email address, though it was signed by her.

Now I feel sad :( Miss Maroon, did yours have her email address?

waitingforanswers
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:54 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby waitingforanswers » Tue May 05, 2009 10:00 am

lilybbloom wrote:I was put on hold, then waitlisted, and I'm pretty sure (but not positive, because I seem to have misplaced the letter) that my waitlist letter did not have Dean Perry's personal email address, though it was signed by her.

Now I feel sad :( Miss Maroon, did yours have her email address?


Lily, I was put on hold and waitlisted as well, and from what I recall, there was only one email address on the letter and it was not Dean Perry's. HTH.

imchuckbass58
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby imchuckbass58 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:26 am

Just called Chicago back - what I suspected, in off the waitlist.

Numbers are in my profile. Also, I went Complete-->Waitlist-->In, not Complete-->Hold-->Waitlist-->In.

As far as the waitlist letter, I got a letter that was something to the effect of "please keep in touch" and listing Dean Perry's specific email address. Do not know if this is significant or if it's just a distinction between the complete-->waitlist and the hold-->waitlist kids, but thought I would mention it in case people are wondering.

As mentioned before, I will get my aid packet by the end of the week and have until next Monday to respond.

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby caoyun » Tue May 05, 2009 10:33 am

gahhhhhhhhhh wrote:Caoyun, are you a Hold--->WL---->Accept or a WL---->Accept? Because that might explain why the letters were different.

Edit: From the info in your LSN profile it looks like you are the latter. Was anyone in here initially waitlisted and got a letter without Dean Perry's address?


Waitlist --> Accept is correct. I received my waitlist letter on 4/6, which is the one that mentioned emailing Dean Perry.

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby MissMaroon » Tue May 05, 2009 10:34 am

lilybbloom wrote:I was put on hold, then waitlisted, and I'm pretty sure (but not positive, because I seem to have misplaced the letter) that my waitlist letter did not have Dean Perry's personal email address, though it was signed by her.

Now I feel sad :( Miss Maroon, did yours have her email address?


Nope, it didn't. I wish I had sent my LOCI directly to her though. Like someone above said, her email address isn't really hidden from the public. Grrrrrr so frustrating.

It's cool though. I'm still glad people are getting off the dreaded list. Congrats again, guys :D

User avatar
gahhhhhhhhhh
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:29 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby gahhhhhhhhhh » Tue May 05, 2009 10:36 am

MissMaroon, were you Hold---WL?

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby MissMaroon » Tue May 05, 2009 10:39 am

gahhhhhhhhhh wrote:MissMaroon, were you Hold---WL?


Yes, indeed.

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby caoyun » Tue May 05, 2009 10:42 am

I put up the waitlist letter I received (doctored, of course) if anyone wants to see it. It seems like it may have been a ranking thing, as it seems as though the only people who have gone waitlist --> in got the one with Dean Perry's email. But it could just be coincidence.

http://yfrog.com/0hchicagowaitlisteditedj

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby MissMaroon » Tue May 05, 2009 10:47 am

caoyun wrote:I put up the waitlist letter I received (doctored, of course) if anyone wants to see it. It seems like it may have been a ranking thing, as it seems as though the only people who have gone waitlist --> in got the one with Dean Perry's email. But it could just be coincidence.

http://yfrog.com/0hchicagowaitlisteditedj


Thanks for posting that. That's not coincidence, it's ranking. Nice, Chicago. Very nice.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”