NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
enygma
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby enygma » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:29 pm

were all you guys high LSAT splitters?

Pyros
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:23 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Pyros » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:30 pm

I'm not... very high GPA and an LSAT a bit higher than their 25%,

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby rayiner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:31 pm

dresden doll wrote:I really want to see rayiner and SBL post about being lifted off the WL. Doesn't NU know they are supposed to do this so that I can have them both in Chicago? :x


:?

Maybe I should put it in my next LOCI.

"Dresden wants me in Chicago. Do you really want to make her angry?"

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby dresden doll » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:32 pm

rayiner wrote:
dresden doll wrote:I really want to see rayiner and SBL post about being lifted off the WL. Doesn't NU know they are supposed to do this so that I can have them both in Chicago? :x


:?

Maybe I should put it in my next LOCI.

"Dresden wants me in Chicago. Do you really want to make her angry?"


Tell them they don't want an angry Eastern European on their back!

User avatar
CaptainSnuggleBunny
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:06 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby CaptainSnuggleBunny » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:35 pm

Congrats to all.

I hope this isn't the final wave of acceptances we'll see.

User avatar
gilchristh
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby gilchristh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:42 pm

CaptainSnuggleBunny wrote:Congrats to all.

I hope this isn't the final wave of acceptances we'll see.


I'm sure it's not. They want a (financial) commitment by next Friday, so I'd imagine some more will go out the week of the 15th.

User avatar
jewelta
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby jewelta » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:45 pm

gilchristh wrote:
CaptainSnuggleBunny wrote:Congrats to all.
I'm sure it's not. They want a (financial) commitment by next Friday, so I'd imagine some more will go out the week of the 15th.


Not sure if you're ok sharing this, but how big of a financial commitment are they asking for? Is it in the realm of a deposit, or something more?
Last edited by jewelta on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pyros
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:23 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Pyros » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:46 pm

jewelta wrote:
gilchristh wrote:
CaptainSnuggleBunny wrote:Congrats to all.
I'm sure it's not. They want a (financial) commitment by next Friday, so I'd imagine some more will go out the week of the 15th.


Not sure if you're ok sharing this, but how big of a financial commitment do they ask for? Is it in the realm of a deposit, or something more?


$750

User avatar
Spor
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:31 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Spor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:53 pm

I'm still in shock, I just got off the waitlist!! See you guys there, and best of luck to everyone else who really wants this.

joebucket
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby joebucket » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Do we know if they sent out just one big batch around 12:30 or are these emails "rolling in?" No need to keep my hopes up if the ruckus is already over and done with...

User avatar
Spor
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:31 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Spor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:57 pm

joebucket wrote:Do we know if they sent out just one big batch around 12:30 or are these emails "rolling in?" No need to keep my hopes up if the ruckus is already over and done with...

I received mine at about 1:00pm eastern time.

joebucket
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby joebucket » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:59 pm

Thanks Spor; good to know.

User avatar
animalcrkrs
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby animalcrkrs » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:09 pm

ecclaw07 wrote:Congrats all!! animalcrkrs, I know this is a big one for you! :)


69sofine wrote:
animalcrkrs wrote:I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my god I'm going to pass out!!!!

That's awesome! See you in August.



Thanks guys! So excited! Now I have to find an apartment--suggestions?

Cruiser109
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Cruiser109 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Congrats everyone! Thinking my chances aren't very good at this point, lol..

User avatar
gilchristh
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby gilchristh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:33 pm

animalcrkrs wrote:
ecclaw07 wrote:Congrats all!! animalcrkrs, I know this is a big one for you! :)


69sofine wrote:
animalcrkrs wrote:I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my god I'm going to pass out!!!!

That's awesome! See you in August.



Thanks guys! So excited! Now I have to find an apartment--suggestions?


Lakeview is extremely close, reasonably priced, and pretty fun.

topsome
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby topsome » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Hey guys, where were you heading before you got off NU's waitlist?

Pyros
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:23 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Pyros » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:20 pm

topsome wrote:Hey guys, where were you heading before you got off NU's waitlist?


Where I may still be going... nowhere... lol.

joebucket
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby joebucket » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:23 pm

gilchristh,

Am I correctly interpreting your convo with 69sofine to mean you're going to Gtown? Congrats either way; both are awesome schools.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Pyros wrote:
topsome wrote:Hey guys, where were you heading before you got off NU's waitlist?


Where I may still be going... nowhere... lol.


Pyros, if you elect to hold off another year, have you looked into deferring?

Congrats on both Cornell and NU.

Pyros
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:23 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Pyros » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:33 pm

Don't think that's an option at NU since i got in off the waitlist.
Cornell reserve is not a waitlist so that's an option I guess.

ecclaw07
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:23 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby ecclaw07 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:22 pm

Just in case anyone was curious, Twitter from 20 minutes ago says offers are done for today. :|

joebucket
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby joebucket » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:26 pm

That's nice of them. At least they acknowledge our obsession.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby hmlee » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:58 pm

joebucket wrote:That's nice of them. At least they acknowledge our obsession.


I have yet to have a bad experience with the folks at the NU admissions office during the entire process. They even tolerate some of my inane questions. :)

User avatar
gilchristh
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby gilchristh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:42 pm

joebucket wrote:gilchristh,

Am I correctly interpreting your convo with 69sofine to mean you're going to Gtown? Congrats either way; both are awesome schools.


Yep-- I really loved it there, love the curriculum options, and love DC. Very flattered to get the NU news, but it's not changing my mind. I'll send in my withdraw letter tomorrow to hopefully free up a spot for one of you!

User avatar
Lizface killah
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Lizface killah » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:45 pm

IN!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”