NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rayiner

Platinum

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Post by rayiner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Lizface killah wrote:IN!
Go lizface go!!!!

yesofcourse

New

Post by yesofcourse » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Nice, congrats. What time did you get the email?

Oh and what are your numbers?

gilchristh

Bronze

Post by gilchristh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:58 pm

Congratulations!

Lizface killah

Bronze

Post by Lizface killah » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Around noon. 167, 3.8ish. I thought I flubbed the interview but I guess they didn't really care.

yay!!!!!

Adele

New

Post by Adele » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:06 pm

Lizface killah wrote:Around noon. 167, 3.8ish. I thought I flubbed the interview but I guess they didn't really care.

yay!!!!!

Yay!!! Dayum yo'ure kicking butt Liz!!....now withdraw from Cornell :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lizface killah

Bronze

Post by Lizface killah » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Adele wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:Around noon. 167, 3.8ish. I thought I flubbed the interview but I guess they didn't really care.

yay!!!!!

Yay!!! Dayum yo'ure kicking butt Liz!!....now withdraw from Cornell :P
I just might. But do have the luxury of 24 hours to ponder gorgeous Ithaca.

MBtheRAT

New

Post by MBtheRAT » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:16 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!! IN!!!! (173/3.4) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

tagc

New

Post by tagc » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:11 pm

Are they going to be evaluating any more waitlisters?

Or is this it until much later into the summer?

tagc

New

Post by tagc » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:15 pm

gilchristh wrote:
joebucket wrote:gilchristh,

Am I correctly interpreting your convo with 69sofine to mean you're going to Gtown? Congrats either way; both are awesome schools.
Yep-- I really loved it there, love the curriculum options, and love DC. Very flattered to get the NU news, but it's not changing my mind. I'll send in my withdraw letter tomorrow to hopefully free up a spot for one of you!
Bless you, you kind soul.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yesofcourse

New

Post by yesofcourse » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Do those of you that got off the waitlist have work experience?

gilchristh

Bronze

Post by gilchristh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:22 pm

yesofcourse wrote:Do those of you that got off the waitlist have work experience?
Yup, 9 years (non-trad here). I plan to withdraw tomorrow, so if they're planning to replace like with like, heads up to you high-LSAT splitters out there (GPA slightly > 3.0) with considerable work experience (especially if any of you are non-trads). I'm also planning to do a JD/MBA and indicated so on my app, but I plan to apply to the MBA portion in the fall, so I doubt that was considered. Good luck, gang! Hope my spot goes to one of you...

yesofcourse

New

Post by yesofcourse » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:41 pm

gilchristh wrote:
yesofcourse wrote:Do those of you that got off the waitlist have work experience?
Yup, 9 years (non-trad here). I plan to withdraw tomorrow, so if they're planning to replace like with like, heads up to you high-LSAT splitters out there (GPA slightly > 3.0) with considerable work experience (especially if any of you are non-trads). I'm also planning to do a JD/MBA and indicated so on my app, but I plan to apply to the MBA portion in the fall, so I doubt that was considered. Good luck, gang! Hope my spot goes to one of you...
just out of curiosity...if you are doing a JD/MBA why would you not go to NU?

not

New

Post by not » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:44 pm

congrats guys!!! And congrats animalcrckrs, guess I won't be seeing you at vandy :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tagc

New

Post by tagc » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:18 pm

yesofcourse wrote:
gilchristh wrote:
just out of curiosity...if you are doing a JD/MBA why would you not go to NU?
Shutupshutup...

gilchristh

Bronze

Post by gilchristh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:34 pm

yesofcourse wrote:just out of curiosity...if you are doing a JD/MBA why would you not go to NU?
I lived in Chicago before and the winters were just too brutal for me (I've been ruined by Miami, LA, and San Francisco weather most of my life); I'm a total political junkie and I'm much more interested in the intersection of law, business, and policy than I am with a more traditional law/business path; and I am in love with Georgetown's offerings (curriculum B/section 3, the wealth of electives, and the cool clinics). Actually, my biggest concern with any JD/MBA program is that I want to take more electives than I will even have time for in 4 years, much less 3! So while I agree that Kellogg and NU Law are amazing, it just doesn't make sense for me.

gilchristh

Bronze

Post by gilchristh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:36 pm

tagc wrote:
yesofcourse wrote:just out of curiosity...if you are doing a JD/MBA why would you not go to NU?
Shutupshutup...
Hahaha... don't worry; I'm not changing my mind. :wink: I'll keep my fingers crossed that my spot goes to one of you when I click the "send" button.

not

New

Post by not » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:02 am

fingers crossed...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

waaf1073

New

Post by waaf1073 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:18 am

69sofine wrote:
gilchristh wrote:
69sofine wrote:
animalcrkrs wrote:I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my god I'm going to pass out!!!!
That's awesome! See you in August.
Ahhh, so the NU>>>GULC is more personal. Chicago is a very fun city, but I'm just a little too warm-blooded for it there. Great school, great city (just get plenty of really warm clothes if you don't already have them), and summers there are a blast (there are multiple street festivals every single weekend of the summer). Enjoy it!
Ha, just a bit more personal. Almost everyone I've talked to has opted for NU in the head to head match up. I'm sure you'll get along great at GULC. Good luck!
This was the exact decision I made for the same reason. I still plan to work and live in DC in the summers and after law school, but the personal touch is what sold me as well.

Also, 69SF, why no LSN love? I posted on your LSN "wall" a while back, don't leave me hanging, haha.

waaf1073

New

Post by waaf1073 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:19 am

Oh, and congrats to everyone getting into NU off the WL! I'm psyched for all of you and hope to meet you in the fall!

animalcrkrs

Bronze

Post by animalcrkrs » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:43 am

not wrote:congrats guys!!! And congrats animalcrckrs, guess I won't be seeing you at vandy :D
Nope...which I am a *little* sad about, I do like Vandy a lot.
But not, I just gave up a sweet apt. in Nashville if you want to jump on it, PM me ;)
I'll be busy paying through the nose for a place in CHI.

enygma

Bronze

Post by enygma » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:08 pm

gilchristh wrote:
since we're lsat twins i hope they care more about that than your extra 6 years of work and .2 of gpa...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

flik

New

Post by flik » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:12 pm

i'll be attending northwestern in the fall and im so excited about it!!!!

ive never been to chicago, if any of you have info on apartments, living please let me know. i want to live as close to the campus as possible. are apartments in chicago as expensive as nyc? are they bigger and nicer for the price you pay? in nyc, just cause you spend more doesnt mean its gonna look nice, its all about location...not sure what the set up is in chicago.

is it unnecessary to have a car? i want to bring a car but i dont know if chicago is like nyc in that someone would be crazy to have a car....

also what is the consensus at northwestern about laptops, i want to purchase a mac, but dont know if i should just get a pc...of course, i'll call northwestern and ask them this but just curious...

when are you all going to move up there and look for apartments? beginning of august? i dont know how long it takes.

any info would be greatly appreciated!

animalcrkrs

Bronze

Post by animalcrkrs » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:14 pm

I have a lot of this on my mind too, and per the apts Q posted a thread with no responses quite yet (but I am hopeful, I just posted it a couple hours ago) http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5&t=74438&
Keep me in the loop on any info you find flik, and I will do the same!

69sofine

Bronze

Post by 69sofine » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:15 pm

waaf1073 wrote:
Also, 69SF, why no LSN love? I posted on your LSN "wall" a while back, don't leave me hanging, haha.
Ha, I didn't even notice that... I never go there.

enygma

Bronze

Post by enygma » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:34 pm

I wrote a northwestern waitlist haiku:

summer waitlist strife
endless desire, constant thought
let me in, you fucks

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”