NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MissMaroon

Bronze

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Post by MissMaroon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:07 pm

susiecusieq wrote:167/3.85 2yrs WE

IN off waitlist like a week ago. Just FYI.
Why did you get rejected at Chicago-Kent?........................

Splitt3r

Bronze

Post by Splitt3r » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:16 pm

Faxed in my waitlist form along with a second LOCI today.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:57 pm

174, 3.08, very little in the way of post UG w/e. Lot's of splitters in this thread.

ecclaw07

New

Post by ecclaw07 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Hm. I'm 168/3.7, 2 years (very) solid WE. Wrote "Why NU?" with my original application, sent a LOCI, another work LOR (so total of 2 work LORs and 2 academic LORs), and an updated resume. So I've kind of done everything I can besides trek out there (impossible with my insane work schedule). Oh well, I'll just wait and see what happens.

Deesh

New

Post by Deesh » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:02 pm

Hey I'm WLd and sent in a letter describing how a few time sensitive deadlines are looming. (1) Job offer with the Clinton Foundation, and (2) other top 14 law school wanting a deferred admission seat deposit soon.

Good idea prodding them to make a decision?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

slightlyanonymous

New

Post by slightlyanonymous » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:05 pm

Add me to the mix.
Come on NU, I LOVE YOU!!! Can't you love me too???

arizwildct

New

Post by arizwildct » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:17 am

There are 93 people following nuholdupdate on Twitter. Any thoughts on whether this may be near the waitlist total ? Any stats on total number of waitlisted in previous years? Perhaps even less since some of the 93 were previous followers whom received rejection notification last Friday . Or perhaps more for those who have not been confirmed/signed up for Twitter yet.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:20 am

171/3.74 here

I'll stay on the ol' list.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:20 am

Hum babe.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

opj2002

New

Post by opj2002 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:30 am

arizwildct wrote:There are 93 people following nuholdupdate on Twitter. Any thoughts on whether this may be near the waitlist total ? Any stats on total number of waitlisted in previous years? Perhaps even less since some of the 93 were previous followers whom received rejection notification last Friday . Or perhaps more for those who have not been confirmed/signed up for Twitter yet.

I am on the WL but am not signed up on for Twitter updates. I'm lagging behind that entire movement... guess it is time to hop on its bandwagon.

animalcrkrs

Bronze

Post by animalcrkrs » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:58 am

Checking in.
Anyone else think there might be some post-May 1 deposit deadline movement?
Also, there are still some people on hold right? Most of us have been dispensed with, but I thought there were still some outstanding...

crabbycakes

New

Post by crabbycakes » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:47 pm

animalcrkrs wrote:Checking in.
Anyone else think there might be some post-May 1 deposit deadline movement?
Also, there are still some people on hold right? Most of us have been dispensed with, but I thought there were still some outstanding...
Yep, still on hold here. Applied in November. Held in January. Talk about playing hard to get, NU!

Oddjob787

New

Post by Oddjob787 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Add me to the list of WLers who aren't on the twitter. I just interviewed there yesterday. It looked like she had 4 scheduled for the day. Sorry this isn't optimistic news. I had a nice time though, if that counts.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Submitted app on 2/15. Held then WLed. Wrote optional essays. Did not interview. Will not attend Northwestern at sticker. Will withdraw.

Best of luck to all of you!

Mr. Incognito

New

Post by Mr. Incognito » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:37 pm

Complete sometime in early March and held sometime shortly thereafter. I've heard nothing since.

Q: What's the difference between held and WLed at this point? Maybe they have simply forgot about me?

<2.5, >175, ~2 years of marginal (but possibly interesting?) WE

Another thing: If by some strange miracle I get admitted, I'll try my hardest to get deferred. Of course I doubt it would benefit me to reveal this intention at the moment. Or would it? They are offering deferred admission to people with really good numbers, but those are people >75th on both ends, and I'm sure there will be an even bigger crowd of splitters lining up next cycle.

opj2002

New

Post by opj2002 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:00 pm

Oddjob787 wrote:Add me to the list of WLers who aren't on the twitter. I just interviewed there yesterday. It looked like she had 4 scheduled for the day. Sorry this isn't optimistic news. I had a nice time though, if that counts.

How did you schedule the interview?

The online schedule thing is down, and the lady I spoke with on the phone said to just ask in an email. Wanted to make sure this was correct.

pomona

Bronze

Post by pomona » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:04 pm

Mr. Incognito wrote:Complete sometime in early March and held sometime shortly thereafter. I've heard nothing since.

Q: What's the difference between held and WLed at this point? Maybe they have simply forgot about me?

<2.5, >175, ~2 years of marginal (but possibly interesting?) WE

Another thing: If by some strange miracle I get admitted, I'll try my hardest to get deferred. Of course I doubt it would benefit me to reveal this intention at the moment. Or would it? They are offering deferred admission to people with really good numbers, but those are people >75th on both ends, and I'm sure there will be an even bigger crowd of splitters lining up next cycle.
I thought the deferred admission deal was for folks without work experience?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr. Incognito

New

Post by Mr. Incognito » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Well, my interest in deferring mostly has to do with the bad economy. I want to go to NU bad enough that if I did get accepted I would go in any situation, so I guess it doesn't matter. With my numbers I likely won't have to worry about it.

Anhimal

New

Post by Anhimal » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm withdrawing from the waitlist. Good luck everybody! From the looks of another thread (where someone put how many people were waitlisted, waitlisted accepted, waitlisted withdrew, waitlisted rejected in the 2007-2008 cycle on LSN), Northwestern's waitlist is fairly small. It looks like their 20-25% acceptance off the waitlist is accurate.

mclovin312

New

Post by mclovin312 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:42 pm

i already interviewed in feb., but should i try to schedule another interview now that i'm on the w/l? or is this a first interview for people interviewing now?

thanks!

opj2002

New

Post by opj2002 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:23 pm

mclovin312 wrote:i already interviewed in feb., but should i try to schedule another interview now that i'm on the w/l? or is this a first interview for people interviewing now?

thanks!
Can only speak for myself, but this would be my first interview.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Oddjob787

New

Post by Oddjob787 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:12 pm

opj2002 wrote:
Oddjob787 wrote:Add me to the list of WLers who aren't on the twitter. I just interviewed there yesterday. It looked like she had 4 scheduled for the day. Sorry this isn't optimistic news. I had a nice time though, if that counts.

How did you schedule the interview?

The online schedule thing is down, and the lady I spoke with on the phone said to just ask in an email. Wanted to make sure this was correct.
I scheduled it over the phone about 2 weeks ago. I tried scheduling it 2 weeks before that, but all the spots had been taken. When I called again, there were exactly 2 spots open, and I snagged one. I doubt they are doing any more interviews though. This was my first interview. I was on hold when I scheduled it and was WLed 2 days before I had my interview.

Cards1500

New

Post by Cards1500 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:43 am

I had an interview yesterday and was told that Wednesday (4/29) was their last day of interviews. So, I would expect decisions to come in the near future. I was placed on hold on 3/31 and while I received an email on Monday re application status, my letter still reads that I'm on hold. I can only assume this is because of my recent interview. Northwestern is my top choice but I feel I was too nervous to really convey my excitement at the prospect of attending. Oh well, fingers crossed . ..

animalcrkrs

Bronze

Post by animalcrkrs » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:25 am

okay kids, getting excited about people not sending in deposits today and leaving space for me to get in next week...that would be AHHHH-MAAAA-ZIIINNNNGGG.
And likely not happening. But I can dream!!

lucydog

New

Post by lucydog » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:57 pm

animalcrkrs wrote:okay kids, getting excited about people not sending in deposits today and leaving space for me to get in next week...that would be AHHHH-MAAAA-ZIIINNNNGGG.
And likely not happening. But I can dream!!
+1!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”