Fordham taking forever to reply

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby pammy1985 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:28 pm

DjaliBashit wrote:
What does your name mean?
It means "Bashi's son" in Albanian. Bashi was a nickname I had for my dad when I was a kid.


:D That's what I thought! I'm Albanian too. Are you on Fordham's waitlist?

User avatar
DjaliBashit
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby DjaliBashit » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Yeah, I'm on the waitlist for Fordham :( I'm on 7 waitlists right now, planning on going to GW.

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby pammy1985 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:27 pm

DjaliBashit wrote:Yeah, I'm on the waitlist for Fordham :( I'm on 7 waitlists right now, planning on going to GW.


Why are you on so many waitlists with such a good LSAT score? Your GPA is a bit low but the LSAT really makes up for it. Did you apply late?

User avatar
DjaliBashit
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby DjaliBashit » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Yeah I applied first week of December. Stupid.

glasgow3am
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby glasgow3am » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:14 pm

^ DB I went complete first week of December, and I've been sitting on the FT wait list since April. You do have a fantastic LSAT score though, so that should def work in your favor!

I've sent 4 LOCIs to Dean Brown indicating my willingness to attend either PT or FT, and I really hope and pray that there is some WL movement in the next few weeks. I;m really getting worried...there's been so much WL movement already, which is fantastic, but...school starts in a few weeks and its so late in the game. I hope its not too late for me. :cry: I have a 20K scholarship at my current school, but I'm willing to turn it down to attend Fordham at sticker price!!!!! I'll ride out the Fordham WL till the end but I'm losing hope.

Rant over. Sorry, I just needed to get that out of my system...

User avatar
MandM
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:43 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby MandM » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:05 pm

Check your status folks. Decisions are up. Unfortunately its the end of the road for me. Good luck to the rest of you. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement....

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby pammy1985 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:16 pm

MandM wrote:Check your status folks. Decisions are up. Unfortunately its the end of the road for me. Good luck to the rest of you. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement....


I'm so sorry MandM. :cry: Definitely try next cycle. Good luck!

User avatar
DjaliBashit
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby DjaliBashit » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Mine hasn't been updated...

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:19 pm

MandM wrote:Check your status folks. Decisions are up. Unfortunately its the end of the road for me. Good luck to the rest of you. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement....


:cry: I'm really sorry, MandM. I hope you reapply so we can all be classmates.

glasgow3am
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby glasgow3am » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Oops. Double post.
Last edited by glasgow3am on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glasgow3am
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby glasgow3am » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:50 pm

MandM wrote:Check your status folks. Decisions are up. Unfortunately its the end of the road for me. Good luck to the rest of you. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement....


I'm so sorry to hear that MM. :(

Best wishes for whatever you end up doing next, and if you end up reapplying then good luck next cycle!!!


DjaliBashit wrote:Mine hasn't been updated...


Mine hasn't updated either...

User avatar
Lilac529
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 1:57 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby Lilac529 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:50 pm

MandM wrote:Check your status folks. Decisions are up. Unfortunately its the end of the road for me. Good luck to the rest of you. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement....

sorry to hear that. Good luck!

User avatar
Lilac529
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 1:57 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby Lilac529 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:54 pm

DjaliBashit wrote:Mine hasn't been updated...


Mine neither.

User avatar
palmettoru
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:59 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby palmettoru » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:21 am

In PT as of this afternoon! Good luck to those still waiting! :-)

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:22 am

palmettoru wrote:In PT as of this afternoon! Good luck to those still waiting! :-)


Congrats! Completely awesome!

addicted
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby addicted » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:05 am

Orientation for part time students is so soon and I've seen people mentioning assigned reading to complete before orientation begins. Are these big assignments? Would it be feasible to be accepted at the last minute and not be behind right off the bat?

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:09 am

addicted wrote:Orientation for part time students is so soon and I've seen people mentioning assigned reading to complete before orientation begins. Are these big assignments? Would it be feasible to be accepted at the last minute and not be behind right off the bat?


The assigned intro book is under 200 pages. You could read it in a weekend, if you had nothing else to do.

addicted
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby addicted » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:11 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
addicted wrote:Orientation for part time students is so soon and I've seen people mentioning assigned reading to complete before orientation begins. Are these big assignments? Would it be feasible to be accepted at the last minute and not be behind right off the bat?


The assigned intro book is under 200 pages. You could read it in a weekend, if you had nothing else to do.


Thanks Opera. Im still praying they let me in off the waitlist. I gotta admit though, my hope is definitely dwindling.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:22 am

addicted wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
addicted wrote:Orientation for part time students is so soon and I've seen people mentioning assigned reading to complete before orientation begins. Are these big assignments? Would it be feasible to be accepted at the last minute and not be behind right off the bat?


The assigned intro book is under 200 pages. You could read it in a weekend, if you had nothing else to do.


Thanks Opera. Im still praying they let me in off the waitlist. I gotta admit though, my hope is definitely dwindling.


Oh, these things always happen at the last minute. People have actually been admitted after the first day of classes, or so I've heard.

User avatar
MandM
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:43 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby MandM » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:51 am

Congratulations palmettoru.


Thanks guys. I'm a little hurt that all communications stopped... I couldn't even get an email from those I was previously in communication with. But I guess that's how things are. I'm still in shock and very upset... but what can I do? I have no other choice but to move on.


I guess I'll be back on TLS next go round. Good luck, folks.

User avatar
sentinal5656
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby sentinal5656 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:23 am

MandM wrote:Congratulations palmettoru.


Thanks guys. I'm a little hurt that all communications stopped... I couldn't even get an email from those I was previously in communication with. But I guess that's how things are. I'm still in shock and very upset... but what can I do? I have no other choice but to move on.


I guess I'll be back on TLS next go round. Good luck, folks.



Many people take two application cycles to get to where they want to go. There is nothing wrong with that. Just apply early next go around. maybe re-take the LSAT? In any case, good luck!

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby pammy1985 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:37 am

palmettoru wrote:In PT as of this afternoon! Good luck to those still waiting! :-)


CONGRATS! I'm so happy it worked out for you!

boxwolf
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby boxwolf » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:03 pm

palmettoru wrote:In PT as of this afternoon! Good luck to those still waiting! :-)

Congrats! See you in a couple of days!

Good luck to the rest of you!

User avatar
Lilac529
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 1:57 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby Lilac529 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:20 pm

palmettoru wrote:In PT as of this afternoon! Good luck to those still waiting! :-)

congrats!

Another feeling-being-left-out moment. :(

glasgow3am
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby glasgow3am » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:41 am

palmettoru wrote:In PT as of this afternoon! Good luck to those still waiting! :-)


Congrats Palmettoru!!! Nice to see there's still movement on the waitlist....hopefully there will be a bit more of that soon for those of us still waiting!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests